It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3.2 quake shakes Mojave Desert; 3.1 strikes outside Bakersfield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

A magnitude 3.2 earthquake rumbled through the Mojave Desert before dawn Friday morning.

The temblor was centered about 38 miles east of Barstow and 2.5 miles underground. The quake hit at 2:56 a.m.

A separate earthquake, magnitude 3.1, struck a remote area about 26 miles east of Bakersfield at 9:38 p.m. Thursday night.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Well I certainly hope this isn't a sign of much bigger things to come for California. It's more a matter of when than if.
edit on 13-5-2011 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It's from GLP, I know but check it out. CALIFORNIA SHARKS washing up DEAD due to Internal BLEEDING
www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
3.0 earthquakes happen ALL the time in So Cal. Nothing to see here.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
But the sharks washing up from internal bleeding is normal too ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I thought about that as I was posting this thread. It is GLP, but if there's even a shred of truth to it, then it makes one wonder if there is a connection. Could be caused by anything. Dolphins and whales have been known to attack sharks, and they do "ram" them as a defense mechanism.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Check this link out. Real time earthquake info, quakes.globalincidentmap.com...
Courtesy of www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Seems to be getting a little busy in California. They are all fairly small at the moment. Hopefully that remains the case.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Earthquake Facts and Statistics
Frequency of Occurrence of Earthquakes
Magnitude Average Annually
8 and higher 1 ¹
7 - 7.9 15 ¹
6 - 6.9 134 ²
5 - 5.9 1319 ²
4 - 4.9 13,000
(estimated)
3 - 3.9 130,000
(estimated)
2 - 2.9 1,300,000
(estimated)

¹ Based on observations since 1900.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I lived in L.A. for 3 years. 3.0 range quakes are nothing and we had them all the time in the region. Usually you don't even feel them. When the quakes get into the 4.x range, then you can actually feel them, but they still really don't even make the news in any serious way. I felt a 4.1 and a 4.3 when I was living there - pretty significant little shaking with those thing, but I don't think they even got reported on the nightly news that evening, and they were centered right under L.A.

These are no big deal at all. Now, if you start to get hundreds of these and they are increasing, then it would be worth looking at. But so far, no.

new topics

top topics

join