It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby food tests positive for explosives, seized by TSA agents

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
My guess? They probably threw it in the trash can. I seriously doubt the TSA agents actually believed that the bottle was explosive. They were simply blindly following procedures without question, compassion, or intelligence. We could probably replace them with robots and get better results.

Most likely. They dumped it in the bin where they throw away their lunch wrappers, and all the other discarded explosives, hazardous liquids and deadly weapons. Then they take it all to an undisclosed location. Or what most people call a garbage dump.

It's pretty sad, as this is what probably occurs. In other words, a complete waste of time, and removing personal effects and quite literally removing food from the mouths of babies everywhere.

No oversight whatsoever. It's just a mindless charade that accomplishes nothing, as we've all seen with allowing the so-called "Underwear Bomber" on a flight, even though he was known to be a "threat" and was being monitored by various agencies. He had actual explosives on his person, even though they were ineffective. Meanwhile... taking baby food.. from... .. meh, forget it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkofmimir
The sad thing is the systems deteriorating faster and faster, expect things like this to be the norm in a few years.

Well said monk.
But here's a sadder thing-the kids who are between 0-10 years old,well in 20 years they will look back on these years about now as the good ol days.
For they will have to endure more hardships and oppression than we see today.
Its not only your homeland,its global now.

If things continue at the rate they going now,I despair for the future.

Thing is,I am an optimist,and I still think we have the potential to turn things around.
So I hope the future will be better,for the kids of today.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Give a whole new meaning to a baby having a "blow out". I hope they have flame-proof diapers.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hmmm. The TSA catches hell a few days prior for patting down a toddler, then they find this explosives residue linked to baby food. Oh how convenient. Now they will have to search every child coming through.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
watch the TSA has some kind of quota for at least a garage bag per TSA

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wow! Nuts much!

They are getting way beyond carried away!

When I went to Italy in December they had me take my watch off and when I asked why she said to check for explosive material. I kind of chuckled and just looked at her. I didn't want to say anymore at that point but it was highly ridiculous imo.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Both sides went to the extremes on this one.

It was extreme for them to take away the food.

It was extreme for the mother to claim the baby would starve on a three hour flight. If anything then she could have said okay let me feed him and then we will go through security. Even if they said no, then a child that age can eat fruit. Most airport cafes you can get fruit soft enough for a child that size to eat. If none is available then you can always get cherrios at these cafes. Not an ideal meal, but not an unhealthy one and it would tide the child over until a better one becomes available.

I can see where the mother is coming from though, I just think she overreacted claiming the child would starve.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
And now the baby on top of your television set will now explode.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

This is absolute equine excrement!

Could go further but would get in trouble with the mods.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Breast milk is still best for babies up to 2 years =D

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by krizy4u86

I'm affraid not...breast milk will be made illegal as it is highly explosive...be aware...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

have they any idea what a dangerous weapon a bottle (bought after the security checkpoint) makes, when you break off it's top?????

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Explosives residue is on all most everything now days. Why you ask. It is simple,explosives can be made from such a wide range of chemical compounds it is going to be found in other non-explosives items as well. We live in a chemical world. I was talking to a bomb tech from the army once and he told me that even some brands of cake mix will show positive for explosives. Wash your clothes with some brands of washing powders and your clothes will show positive for explosives. He told me that you could go into the woods where no one has been for a hundred years and pick up a random rock or stick and there would be a 50/50 chance it would test positive for explosives. The point being that the explosives detection methods in use today have such a high false positive rate as to make it almost useless. Better detection methods need to be invented but you go right back to the beginning and the problem only gets worse because of what I stated before.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Someone needs to punch TSA in the face. These people really irk my nerves with their constant nagging about stuff. It's not like they ever do a good job of anything anyways. The only thing they do is annoy the living crap out of people. This is why I could never ride on a plane, I would most definitely end up striking one of these TSA workers, as I cannot stand stupid people. These are the kinds of people that are 'suits'. They feel powerful while wearing their uniform, like it gives them some sort of superpower or something. The TSA workers are putting themselves into positions of being highly disliked. They're gonna end up p!$$!^& in the wrong persons cereal and end up with a few more holes in their body than they started off with in the morning.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Going through SFO one time a security person made us open and taste every one of our baby foods and drinks, then after we tasted them all she said we had to throw them away... I had to drag my wife away from security before she said something she'd regret!

It was an awful feeling of complete loss of control, inability to have food for our baby, and being utterly incensed at the stupid rules our government is placing on us...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well hopefully they had the decency not to get on the airplane. If this won't teach people to avoid airports then I guess they'll just have to get used to the tyranny of government. Hopefully more states outlaw the TSA.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join