It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse Angst Adds to Terrorist Threat as Rich Russians Acquire Bunkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Apocalypse Angst Adds to Terrorist Threat as Rich Russians Acquire Bunkers

www.bloomberg.com< br />

fears of terrorist attacks and commercial disputes turning violent created demand in Russia. Now he’s selling “survival bunkers” for as much as $400,000 each to capitalize on angst over theories the world will end next year.

Spetsgeoproekt company is completing 15 bunkers at hidden locations across Russia
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
MODs, move this if it is posted in the wrong forum.

This just caught my eye. Especially with the thread about the giant domes in the middle east. Looks like that is the business these days so those could definitely be private bunkers.

This would make a good treasure hunt for some satellite/googlearth users. Hidden is a relative term.

www.bloomberg.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just to make money off us, if we think the world is ending we give them our life savings. See ? Just psychological,how do I know ? Probably going to be a psychologist when I get older, I helped the nutters on GLP if you think the world is ending you pay them, leaving you broke and defenseless like they want.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if they knew more than we, the general public know...

IT--

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by edog11
Wouldn't be surprised if they knew more than we, the general public know...

IT--

I wouldn't either, but still. Would you rather die in a hole where they can gas you or with your family ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Lol, would you want to live in a post apocalyptic world?

I wouldn't, seriously. Imagine having to go back to the caveman days or beyond. Hunters would hunt what? Most of the animals would be killed off with the Human race. Gatherers would gather what? I would imagine most of the vegetation would be wiped out.

What other terrorist threat except a nuclear detonantion would prompt someone to buy a bunker?

If it comes, I want to be right under the bomb when it goes off. You wouldn't feel a thing.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
What other terrorist threat except a nuclear detonantion would prompt someone to buy a bunker?

Cataclysmic maybe? With all the underground cities being built and the mega rich heading to India for "business interests" that might clue some people into maybe this 2012 thing isn't imagined? Thousands of species are going extinct, weather patterns which are out of control, and confirmed extreme solar activity along with a weaking of earth magnetic field, what is going on?
edit on 13-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Cataclysmic maybe? With all the underground cities being built and the mega rich heading to India for "business interests" that might clue some people into maybe this 2012 thing isn't imagined? Thousands of species are going extinct, weather patterns which are out of control, and confirmed extreme solar activity along with a weaking of earth magnetic field, what is going on?

Then the title is a little misleading. The terrorists are capable of many things, but they can hardly be blamed for something like that. Or can they?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Then the title is a little misleading. The terrorists are capable of many things, but they can hardly be blamed for something like that. Or can they?

I don't look at titles, I look at actions. Why would they be afraid of terrorists? I would be more afraid of countries with nuclear arms. A terrorist organization isn't going to drop a nuclear bomb on your door step a country would. Terrorist organizations would be lucky to get their hands on a dirty bomb. You have countries like Iran trying to develop nuclear capabilities which is taking them years to do so, you think a terrorist organization would up one them? And if they are worried about a country bombing them, why now? The terrorist angle doesn;t make sense to me.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I don't look at titles, I look at actions. Why would they be affraid of terrorists? I would be more affraid of countries with nuclear arms. A terrorist organization isn't going to drop a nuclear bomb on your door step a country would. Terrorist organizations would be lucky to get their hands on a dirty bomb. You have countries like Iran trying to develop nuclear capabilities which is taking them years to do so, you think a terrorist organization would up one them? And if they are worried about a country bombing them, why now? The terrorist angle doesn;t make sense to me.

Maybe because they know alot more than they are letting on. Ever watched the film 2012? Okay it was only a film, but if something big was to happen, do you really think the likes of you and I would be advised that an ELE event was imminent? I have wondered where all the money has gone? It can't just disappear, right? Maybe TPTB have used it for building their own versions of the Arks? It wouldn't surprise me. Peace.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I know exactly what you mean, and I am almost certain IF the possibilty of some major was in store for all of us, we would be the last ones to know. Sometimes I feel like the Woody Harrison character

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I know exactly what you mean, and I am almost certain IF the possibilty of some major was in store for all of us, we would be the last ones to know. Sometimes I feel like the Woody Harrison character

You and me both, lol

But I think Woody probably had the best seat in the whole world.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
INTERESTING ARTICLE
Russia/China build 100s of bunkers for WAR
Written by Quin Etiam on 17 April 2011
“If you knew what I know, you would move to South America” Defense agency Analyst, Dubai Arms Trade Show 2011

Here’s a few facts: The U.S. has no HUMAN Intelligence on the ground in Russia or China. Yes there are CIA spooks at embassies and they go to cocktail parties and state functions. China and Russia on the other hand have 10,000s of operatives around the World and have penetrated almost all levels of the Western democracies except the highest levels in the Pentagon, CIA and NSA.

The Russians and Chinese have spent the last ten years building and fortifying deep underground bunker systems that are literally impregnable. In the case of Russia they are referred to as Megaton Bunkers… that is they can withstand up to a 5 Megaton Nuclear Blast. The last reliable intelligence on the Soviet era bunkers was from Russian/Jew immigrants to Israel in the late 90′s. The Chinese have an array of underground and undersea bunkers that boggles the mind. It is entirely probable that China has Nuclear Powered Submarines that have never surfaced except in a deep cavernous underground bunkers that connect through tunnels to the sea. China is rumored to have the capacity to bunker 3000 Fighter Aircraft, that’s far more than they officially have. In 1982 Israel stumbled upon a vast array of tunnels in Lebanon that were dug by a soviet tunneling machine. The tunnels stretched as far as 2km in solid rock and were over 7 meters in diameter. The Israel Defense Force spent 6 weeks transporting state of the art soviet arms caches back to Israel, there were enough weapons for 80,000 troops and the weapons were not meant for the PLO. They were a forward cache for Soviet Airborne troops. Contrary to western media and Pentagon spin, NATO Air forces expended 80% of their bombs on dummy targets in the Kosovo campaign. Russian and Chinese camouflage techniques are far more sophisticated and wide spread.

Russian and Chinese forces now employ sophisticated anti-satellite laser systems that totally blind American spy satellites, this is one of the driving forces behind the USAF desperate attempt at using the X-37b spy shuttle.

What is the ultimate first strike weapon? It is not an ICBM or Submarine. It is the new 5th Generation Russian stealth fighter outfitted with a 4000 km/hour super-cruise missile. The U.S. is locked into ridiculous arms treaties that leave half its Nuclear Submarine fleet in port and highly vulnerable while Russia and China circumvent or outright cheat on any restrictions they have agreed to. A wise man once said “Trust, but confirm”, apparently his words have been discarded by our defenders.

The U.S. dismantled its last Enhanced Radiation Weapon (Neutron Bomb) in 2003. Russia was already years ahead in research and most likely have operational ERW weapons that instantly kills people while leaving buildings and structures intact. The implications of a new Cobalt like bomb that kills instantly but has a tiny radioactive half-life is horrifying. Cities can now be Nuked and enemy troops could safely occupy within weeks or even days later. Russia and China are estimated to be years ahead in this technology while the U.S. shelved it 10 years ago. Here’s one other very disturbing fact, Russian( and presumably Chinese) Nuclear ICBM missiles have dual redundant mechanical systems that cannot be destroyed by a Electromagnetic Pulse, U.S. Missiles rely totally on vulnerable electronic components

new topics

top topics

join