It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Children are NOT our future!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Ha! You sound like my dad....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
That is a broad generalization and one that I do not agree with. Youth is our future. instead of ranting about why they just don't get it, find a way to provide them with the knowledge you feel you have.
The disconnect you see b/w what they understand and you understand is simple. You have gained wisdom through the years that you once didn't have, they are still in the gathering stage. There are not to many people left in this world that I could consider roll models, but if it doesn't start with the adults of the present it will never transfer to the youth of tomorrow.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Don't blame the kids, what they see is what they know. Lots of parents shelter their children and would rather them be playing games than be in their hair. I'm not part of a gang nor am I playing Call of Duty. So, nice try.
Anyways, I know tons of intelligent kids, TONS. Ones that do know whats going on around them but don't know how to do anything about it. How can they?

If a kid is the way you described,the parents are at fault, they don't discipline, don't care or are just lazy. I would look at who is in charge NOW and is failing before you trash on kids. Sure, there's always a bad apple no matter what, but don't generalize.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avyuir

Don't blame the kids, what they see is what they know. Lots of parents shelter their children and would rather them be playing games than be in their hair. I'm not part of a gang nor am I playing Call of Duty. So, nice try.
Anyways, I know tons of intelligent kids, TONS. Ones that do know whats going on around them but don't know how to do anything about it. How can they?

If a kid is the way you described,the parents are at fault, they don't discipline, don't care or are just lazy. I would look at who is in charge NOW and is failing before you trash on kids. Sure, there's always a bad apple no matter what, but don't generalize.

Thank you Avyuir. You nailed it on the head.

Wondering why it took nearly two pages of replies to figure this out? All too often the blame is shifted on the media, schools, video games. True these things do aid in the degradation of a society, but the fact is parents have the overriding role in this. Video games making your kid lazy and anti-social? Dont buy them video games or monitor their time on them. As for media, stop using the damn tv as a babysitter. Schools become a little more tricky. When the school begins indoctrinating your children (and they will) in the name of education, parents need to take an active role in educating their children, thus counteracting the negatives that the school propogates. Again, prevent the state from becoming a parent by you yourself being one.

Now with that being said, I am not saying this is the case with everyone because its not. To blanket a whole group of people is both naive and ignorant. I've seen good parents try their hardest in raising a real turd of a child, the fact is, the kid just came that way. But for the most part, it usually can fall back on the parents lack of parenting and educating. The honest to god fact is, we are a nation of pointing the finger and not taking responsibility for our own actions/non-actions.

Going back to the original post, I would imagine if you were to take a poll of ATS to see when everyone started questioning the large matters of life and truly researching everything; I would imagine most were at least in their twenties. So don't think everything is doomed just yet.

I know for myself I was very very young when I began questioning....but.....again, we are back to the whole parenting thing. I had parents that gave a damn, and took the time to educate me.
edit on 13-5-2011 by UnknownPhilosopher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join