It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Children are NOT our future!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Children nowadays are social time bombs. The clock counting down until they themselves have children. (The clock seemingly getting shorter and shorter) Kids know nothing about respect (Because they've mostly never been taught to or just don't care) and they are getting worse and worse.

Anti social behaviour is on a dramatic rise. The quality outside in public is getting more and more hostile. Gang culture is the norm for children nowadays. You are either in a gang on the street causing grief to others or in a clan on call of duty and living like a materialistic zombie.

There are a lot of things to blame. Media being one of them. Consumerism being another. Either way you look at it, if the kids ARE our future then our future is DEAD.

P.S. I'm only 19 myself before someone comes and flames me for being a naive old man with no clue of how kids live nowadays. I live in the brunt of it. There are some good kids still about but they are surely a dying breed and what is left is an ugly splotch on the tie of mankind.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Children are quite perceptive; they SEE whats going on around the world and the "threat" of war, nuclear, end of the world blah blah blah.....

don't blame the kids for our own insecurities; we mirror those insecurities on our children!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what anybody thinks about todays or tomorrows children.

They are and always will be the future, for better or worse!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

Children are quite perceptive; they SEE whats going on around the world and the "threat" of war, nuclear, end of the world blah blah blah.....

don't blame the kids for our own insecurities; we mirror those insecurities on our children!

You'd be surprised mate. Most kids in this country don't give a rats arse about anything outside of their school, home, street or video games. For all my childhood I've repeatedly tried to engage fellow kids/teenagers in intellectual discussions about all manner of things. Anything that doesn't directly effect me or them for the most part...

They don't care about.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
As long as there are 19 yr olds like you out there, then we have a chance at least. I've seen a few teens on here who are awake and aware and very pissed off, which is a 100% healthy reaction to the current situations at hand.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, actually they are our future. What future you say? A doomed future. I say let it run its course.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
As long as there are 19 yr olds like you out there, then we have a chance at least. I've seen a few teens on here who are awake and aware and very pissed off, which is a 100% healthy reaction to the current situations at hand.

I'm 14 and very aware, this news can be rough to hear but once you're awake; you're awake and there ain't no going back to sleep

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Preaching to the choir with me friend! As a mother of boys 21 and 18 I can say it isn't even always about how they were raised at home either. It truly baffles me some times.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

They're kids......kids should be allowed to be kids; they only get once chance at it.

Have you forgotten you were there once?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

this news can be rough to hear but once you're awake; you're awake and there ain't no going back to sleep

That's the way of ATS also. Once you join.. you can't ever leave!

edit on 13-5-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

They're kids......kids should be allowed to be kids; they only get once chance at it.

Have you forgotten you were there once?

I didn't go around stabbing other kids, stealing from other kids, vandalising random peoples property for fun.. the list goes on and on mate.

Sure, I did some wild things as an adolescent. Some really wild things. But I didn't include victims in it, I just got completely trolleyed on various substances and had a laugh.

Being a kid is about having fun but not if you are directly causing other people harm in the process. Its bang out of order.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I agree with you that we are headed down a path that will become difficult for the individuals that are aware. It will be complicated for you (op), my children ( I try to keep them aware of the world), and soon to be ptb to maintain a world in balance with so many differing priorities coming up.

There are many kids that look to the future and make an effort to improve what generations have infected with miss placed intentions or extreme addiction to instant gratification. For each one there are hundreds or thousands of growing children that are not interested at all. It is hard to run a country or even a business when you can not even bring yourself to get off the couch or game to enjoy a physically interactive life.

The children will be a part of the future regardless I only hope that there are enough of the strong to guide the weak towards success.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Every time i see those types of comments on the next generation, I think about a Greek philosopher that said something like : Oh, the next generation are such failures. what is this world coming to.

And that was 2000 years ago?

So stop worrying and do your part, hope for the best and time won't let you down

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think you're right. Even at the college level there seems to be a ton of apathy and the freshman on the hall I'm given couldn't care less about anything. They spend hours on call of duty, weekends getting so drunk they have to be taken to the hospital, and weeknights having sex and getting high. Of the 74 guys I was over this past academic year not one of them cared about anything happening in the real world outside of college unless it was on sports center or a game.

No one followed the big earthquake in japan. No one knew about the nuclear disaster. No one followed the Mideast uprisings, the war in Libya, or the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The only time people said anything was when Bin Laden was killed, they partied and hollered like blood thirsty barbarians and played Black Ops to celebrate.

I think the number of people my age and younger who care about anything seems to be dwindling. I'm relieved to see a few people on here atleast that care about their future.

I look at it like this, if you want something done right it's best to do it yourself. Instead of waiting until the next generation to fix things it needs to start now. If you want to see change, don't leave it up go the children and teens younger than yourself, make an effort to make things better and start something yourself. That's what I'm doing.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Interesting story/tale if you will.. A kid walks through the streets of a war torn country.. (use imagination) He watches a man get shot down in the streets.. He picks up the bullet casing and walks away.. The kid walks away with a bullet casing.. and a new outlook- ideology on life..

Half way across the globe.. A kid grows up in a suburban town.. He walk the halls of his school waiting for his class to begin.. goofs around with a few friends.. Pledges his allegiance to a flag.. And learns about a world, and freedoms That sadly do not exist.. He picks up his "world history" book, and walks back to his suburban life when the bell rings..

Another generation is born.. What a grim future
edit on 13-5-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Life is what it is, there have always been gangs & mobs around Mods, Rockers, Hells angels, Skinheads, gangs on street corners, football, trouble & fights in pubs, nightclubs, one school going to beat up their rivals... Youth not interested in what is going on in the world, they have their own little world to deal with right now. I'm sorry but why should they, they have are young their whole lives ahead of them, being an adult still seems a long way off. It will all iron itself out in the end they will grow up into the next sets of parents & grandparents. You have a very old head on your shoulders.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanny
Life is what it is, there have always been gangs & mobs around Mods, Rockers, Hells angels, Skinheads, gangs on street corners, football, trouble & fights in pubs, nightclubs, one school going to beat up their rivals... Youth not interested in what is going on in the world, they have their own little world to deal with right now. I'm sorry but why should they, they have are young their whole lives ahead of them, being an adult still seems a long way off. It will all iron itself out in the end they will grow up into the next sets of parents & grandparents. You have a very old head on your shoulders.

My point is that all this bad stuff is occurring more and more often and is becoming a way of life. This bad society is steadily developing into our culture and once this happens there will be next to NO decent people about. This hate and ignorance is extremely infective and its spreading like wildfire.

Wait till you see the kids 20 years from now.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean, i'm 19 and when I felt like I was "awakened" for the first time there really is no going back eh! I was oblivious to the news but now it's become an addiction of sorts I know so much more about what's going on in the world then any of my friends! I feel like I can see the truth now & I can't see it ever changing! That's why I love coming on here & just reading what other like minded people have to say!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmore23

I know exactly what you mean, i'm 19 and when I felt like I was "awakened" for the first time there really is no going back eh! I was oblivious to the news but now it's become an addiction of sorts I know so much more about what's going on in the world then any of my friends! I feel like I can see the truth now & I can't see it ever changing! That's why I love coming on here & just reading what other like minded people have to say!

Amen, I get tired of "Sheeple" but society is full of them. I was addicted to GLP until I nearly had a mental breakdown and a doom overload, I just couldn't take GLP. Now when I go, I pay no attention to the doom. It's nice to hear what other people have to say but sometimes you need time for yourself, cheers.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well if not the children who is our future? For better or worse the children of today will be our leaders of tomorrow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join