It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Organism That Could Destroy Monsanto....For Good!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

I have heard this before, and that it could be part of the reason that people are becoming more overweight (next to the 3 types of gut that has just been discovered in humans, one which makes it harder for people to lose weight). If someone is not getting all the nutrients they need, they will feel hungry more quickly, so they eat more. One thing that has not been lost is the fat content and carbohydrates in these foods, so we have to eat a lot more to get the nutrients that we need to be healthy.

One article I was reading was saying that our foods have lost some 60 trace elements which we need, but no longer get in the amounts we need.

Phil Warman, an agronomist and professor of agricultural sciences at Nova Scotia Agricultural College, said there is no doubt the nutritional content of food is different today, due to the emphasis on producing cheap food. "The emphasis is on appearance, storability and transportability, and there has been much less emphasis on the nutritional value of fruits and vegetables," he said. Dr. Warman said crops are bred to produce higher yields, to be resistant to disease and to produce more visually attractive fruits and vegetables, but little or no emphasis is placed on their vitamin or mineral content.

We would have to eat eight oranges to get the same amount of vitamin A compared to 50 years ago.

To me, with the information we now have about different gut types, and knowing our food has lost most of it's nutrition, no wonder people are overweight no matter how active they are, and no wonder people run around feeling hungry all the time.

Our foods are being modified to look pretty and last longer, but not to actually be healthy. Now this new problem the OP has shared. I hope we get this figured out and stop messing with our foods genetics before we really screw up.

Harm None
Peace

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

It is worth consideration when large corporations begin purchasing large amounts of the Non GMOs.

We then can know that the food distribution monopoly has begun in full.

Question would then be why are they gathering as many of the potentially natural seeds? Will it be to create vaults for the rich and worthy or to simply shelf them or worse to destroy so that everyone will have to buy their less desirable seeds.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

My thought is that since most GM seeds are of the non heirloom variety, they need to keep a source of viable "donor" seeds to maintain their GM output.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Right on! I am old enough to remember when an orange actually was bursting with flavour -- the same with an apple. I grew up on strawberries that were small, but packed with flavour. I can't stand those large, tasteless things they sell now in the stores.

Peaches and cream corn looks nice but just tastes sweet. It does not come near the flavour of the old fashioned yellow corn we couldn't get enough of when I was a kid. I feel sorry for today's generation. They don't have a clue how good food can really be.

It is really not a mystery at all why there is so much obesity around today -- its all empty calories without the essential minerals, vitamins and micro-nutrients that nature once provided free and in abundance!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I hate to say that but if Monsanto goes down theres good chance we go down as well too. They supply way too many thing. For farmer and processors. Just like a few others, that control everything and cover each others bottoms. unlike the real ppl.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

It was the pic with the article. Yes, it looks like an ant. I guess we can eat some, but only by accident. I don't like it enough to lunch with it!

Let's hope it works as hard to destroying Monsanto as Monsanto is at destroying the world...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

Look at how good it works on your lawn for killing your weeds. Now, imagine entire crops being sprayed to prevent weed growth. The crops have been genetically modified not to succumb to the poison, but the weeds in the ground have not. So essentially, in almost everything you eat, what you use on your lawn is also going on your plate when you make a meal. We are ingesting the very thing that can kills all plants, except those that have been modified not to do so.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

We eat these creatures? How terrific. Maybe I should electrocute myself once every while, just to show 'm who's the boss.
edit on 15-5-2011 by dadgad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

We MIGHT eat them, but not differently than for other critters... that is accidentally!!!

Though in maple syrup, it should be nutritive... And don't think of shocking them if you ingest some! They could destroy Monsanto food you eat without knowing, right in your tummy! But they are so small you could also breath them...

Maybe a new kind of yogurt based on them? One thing's for sure; we have to protect this specie!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join