It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden -- The Founding Father of Amerika (P.S.: Terrorists Pose Little Risk; Cops Do)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Washington, Jefferson, Adams and Madison's America is gone. It died in 2001 when, out of rage and fear, we allowed our government to usurp our natural rights under the guise of protecting us. Fighting terror became the new rationale for the rise of our fascism, as the excuse to overturn 200 years of the Augustine principle of the "Just War" in favor of the twisted oxymoron Bush Doctrine of "preventative war," a doctrine fully embraced by Bush's supposedly more liberal replacement in the White House. These two new institutional realities ended the American Republic and has replaced it with a nation that is a representative democracy of free citizens in name and structure only. Bin Laden won and we let him because we are both war-worshiping, nationally naive and riddled with irrational fears.

Bin Laden’s strategic ambition was to suck the United States into prolonged guerrilla wars. Being a man of the East, he understood that Afghanistan is the graveyard of empires. Britain, czarist Russia, the Soviet Union - their armies were broken by Afghanistan’s harsh terrain and fierce tribes. His aim was to bankrupt America, slowly bleeding us as we fought one counterinsurgency operation after another. In short, he set a trap - and we rushed headlong into it.
Washington Times article

So indeed we jumped into the trap, to date spending countless mega billions on war and homeland security under the guise of citizen safety. Yet, in the one year where terrorists killed more Americans than any other year in our history -- 2001 -- 156k+ died of lung cancer. Over 41k died from auto accidents. Where is the rational proportionality? Why do we spend trillions when you can never prevent people really from killing if they want; you can't secure everything. The safest place in the world from others harming you is by being placed in solitary confinement. Short of that, life has risks and among those risks, just about the lowest risk is that you or your loved ones will be harmed by a terrorist. You face exponentially higher risk driving your children to school each morning.

Yet, we give up our rights to feel safe from this irrational risk. We have allowed our local police to become violent, heavily armed militias and given them complete power to bust down your door and shoot you as they yell, "police!" Cato - paramilitary police report.

Americans have long maintained that a man’s home is his castle and that he has the right to defend it from unlawful intruders. Unfortunately, that right may be disappearing. Over the last 25 years, America has seen a disturbing militarization of its civilian law enforcement, along with a dramatic and unsettling rise in the use of
paramilitary police units (most commonly called Special Weapons and Tactics, or SWAT) for routine police work. The most common use of SWAT teams today is to serve narcotics warrants, usually with forced, unannounced entry into the home. These increasingly frequent raids, 40,000 per year by one estimate, are needlessly subjecting nonviolent drug offenders, bystanders, and wrongly targeted civilians to the terror of having
their homes invaded while they’re sleeping, usually by teams of heavily armed paramilitary units dressed not as police officers but as soldiers. These raids bring unnecessary violence and provocation to nonviolent drug offenders, many of whom were guilty of only misdemeanors. The raids terrorize innocents when police mistakenly
target the wrong residence. And they have resulted in dozens of needless deaths and injuries, not only of drug offenders, but also of police officers, children, bystanders, and innocent suspects.

From 2001 to just 2006, we increased homeland security spending from $1,864B (yes, billions) to $2,650B -- a 42% increase. Meanwhile, the only risks are those we create ourselves as we breed people that rightfully hate us by the thousands each year because we invade their countries and kill them in their own homes and have the audacity to call people trying to defend themselves in their villages "insurgents."

And here at home SWAT actions have risen from about 3,000/year in 1980 to over 40,000/year, mostly to raid the homes of suspected non-violent offenders. Death Wears a Badge. Google "SWAT" + "wrongful deaths" and you'll find some 20,000 hits. Here is a fact: you are FAR more likely to be killed by a cop than you are to be killed by a terrorist. the odds -- death by cop or terrorist. Some free country we have here. Want to see some other odds:

-- You are 17,600 times more likely to die from heart disease than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 12,571 times more likely to die from cancer than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 11,000 times more likely to die in an airplane accident than from a terrorist plot involving an airplane

-- You are 1048 times more likely to die from a car accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 404 times more likely to die in a fall than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 87 times more likely to drown than die in a terrorist attack

-- You are 13 times more likely to die in a railway accident than from a terrorist attack

--You are 12 times more likely to die from accidental suffocation in bed than from a terrorist attack

--You are 9 times more likely to choke to death on your own vomit than die in a terrorist attack

--You are 8 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than by a terrorist

--You are 8 times more likely to die from accidental electrocution than from a terrorist attack

-- You are 6 times more likely to die from hot weather than from a terrorist attack

And again, meanwhile, we cheer on our Congress people and reward them with office time and again as they re-authorize the Orwellian-labeled "Patriot Act." We cheer as our former president proudly admits to torture, thereby giving complete and total legal and moral cover for any other society to torture our soldiers. We routinely assasinate, no matter we lay out in a pool of blood and colorful silk the odd wedding party by accident, and yes, Amerika cheers.

And we accept warrantless wiretaps as we ignorantly say, "Hey, I've nothing to hide," without understanding what is being lost every time another American utters those words.

We allow are women, our children and ourselves to being molested at the airport, all in the name of safety, and God forbid you object, never appreciating what you give up.

My friends, very sadly, the majority of Jews passively boarded the trains, walked to the edge of the their own burial pits or into the gas chambers all the while not fully believing other fellow humans would massacre them. There are accounts of heated arguments in the Warsaw ghettos of elders shooting down rumors of mass slaughter as fear mongering and because they simply could not believe it. In the end, when they saw reality it was too late.

So, all because of our righteousness and fear our nation has spent itself into oblivion and considers you a potential terrorist simply for buying an airline ticket to visit grandma or conduct business. real time war calculator

And we cheer it all on and ridiculously cling to the myth that we inhabit the same America our parents grew up in because we simply choose to look the other way.

Osama, we handed you our country, you won. America is dead; long live Amerika.
edit on 13-5-2011 by pajoly because: title edit

edit on 13-5-2011 by pajoly because: title shorten

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

As I agree with every word you typed....my question to you and everyone is WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT IT? I hate sitting back and watching all of this unfold as I have since 9/11! I am confused, do not know who to trust in the Government because they all seem to be puppets. It makes me question who the Master is and what he really wants. Everything is going down hill in America. We are on the verge of a major collapse and there are actually people who STILL BELIEVE IN OBAMA and with that believing think he is actually for the people...with no factual basis to back it up.
The way its going as of today, I am saddened WE LET it come to this. The majority of people can vote in Evil and the rest of us just sit back and talk to one another about how sad it is yet that does not get anything done....doesn't resolve the issue.
The Federal Reserve needs to go....actually we need to go back to when it was good and duplicate those actions. By the way, when was it good? JFK days?
Its so frustrating and a feeling of powerlessness overwhelms me as I have no idea what I can do to change things..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I've no magic answers, except to stop voting for fascists. Likely none of the candidates view themselves as fascists, but that the reality because they all must suck up to power and wealth to get money to run and that leads to favors and corruption. That's the reality due to our campaign processes and the Citizen's United decision has only made corporate corruption of our political process 100% legal and self-perpetuating. The simple fact is that you are a sub-citizen compared to a large corporation. The Surpeme Court effectively gave them more rights than you now supposedly enjoy because money equals speech and he who has more has more speech. I've spent lots of time in the civil courts too over the past year or so and I can tell you it is a pay-to-play system.

Vote out EVERYONE without exception if they vote to re-authorize the Patriot Act and/or if they voted for TARP or the bailouts. Do not vote for ANYONE who supports subsidies for big businesses as small businesses fail left and right.

Do not vote for ANYONE who has a prominent staffer who was employed by the big banks.

One tangible thing my wife and I are doing is to have our children taught to be bi-literate (Spanish) even as we are not, so they can have employment opportunities outside this sick country. When my children are old enough, I will first encourage them to study a semester or two over seas so they can see how kind and decent other nations treat their own. And later, I will encourage them to move out of this dying wretch of a nation if the current trends continue. I am in my mid 40's, so my time is half over. We are also stuck here for at least the next decade since both my wife and I have ex-spouses who share parental rights so we cannot move our children to another country now. (I had a chance to move to Canada for a job, and I'd have jumped if we were not anchored.) I would move to Chile, Uraguay, Brazil, Spain or Argentina in a second if circumstances were different. Many countries in South America are up and coming and have much better healthcare access and quality of life than the U.S. where we spit on each other and breed hate in our media. I'd also move to Germany, where lived as a soldier back when this nation was more sane.
edit on 13-5-2011 by pajoly because: adds plus spelling

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
s&f

So.

The question is....what comes next? what do WE do about this?

Answer: We get off the conspiracy boards, make some t-shirts & signs. Paint our cars with info-laced messages. We talk to co-workers about this, even if it jeopardizes our job.

Or we just put or bumbums up in the air and prepare for entry...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am in my late 30's and again I agree with everything you said and do vote for the under dog most of the time who seems to have some sense in regards to our Constitution and who I believe to be a "True American". The America I grew up in is not the same today and my children and yours will be the ones who truly suffer! Also, I am in Real Estate....lol....what a joke huh?

I do appreciate posts such as this one as it is a dire situation we are in and long term possibly in dealing with all the messed up decisions created some years ago. The saga though continues. I did not vote for Obama as I saw him as another puppet and could read his lies through his eyes. Its sickening that We The People care more about American Idol than we do about seeing real change happen so we may live a more peaceful life.

Do you agree that when the Feds took over (so to speak) that is when America changed?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

The ONLY way I see WE The People making something happen sooner than later is to have an uprising where we overthrow our Government entirely and or concentrate on getting the ONE man in office we see will indeed make GOOD change for America and someone who will not be a puppet to a master....whoever or whomever they are. hahaha....I just don't know but I do know I AM READY to do something to help!!

And one more thing....get rid of the Federal Reserve because I am not for them at all.....they are the ones that are for Money and not for you and I!!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I believe it started in the 80's and was wildly accelerated under Bush after 2001. I believe our campaign finance laws have institutionalized corporate power to the point where it is all self-perpetuating. Big business rules, its leaders move seemlessly into appointed positions in government and back as lobbyists then back again. And then we allowed our media/news to become vehicles for entertainment, whereas before newsrooms were entirely separate. As part of that, we allowed tribalism in our politics and now we routinely and quite literally hate the "other side" instead of respecting, but acknowledging differences. It takes a major catstrophe for Americans to "come together," and 5 minutes later we are back to hating. And even when we do "come together" we allow our anger or sadness to be manipulated by business into terrible actions like unprovoked war that has made industry trillions of dooars at our expense. We allowed the concept of "too big to fail," which necessarily also translates into "too small to succeed." There are so many things, but it all rises from corruption of government by big business.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
s & f 4 u friend...u r right...america doesn't even exist anymore..hollywood is trying its best...but if america doesn't get a grip..other powers will take over easily...

i wonder..if Roosevelt had been president wud he have done things differently.. i believe he wudn't scare his people to death...watch out terrrrrorists everywhere...shields up everybody...blah blah blah

edit on 13-5-2011 by atsmem1980 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by atsmem1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by atsmem1980

Thanks. My family (sisters and brothers) think I am too negative as they prefer to pretend everything is just fine and America is just as wonderful as yesteryear. My Mom knows better; she raised ten kids in a happier, saner time. I prefer not to pretend the disintegration is not happening even as I go about my life with my family as positively as possible. My vote counts for little and so does yours as the media picks and chooses who runs and manipulates the outcome to favor the interests of Big Business so the best I can do I think is to prepare my children to ex-patriot in the coming years.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
here is another interesting tidbit:
news.yahoo.com...

As we mark Osama bin Laden's death, what's striking is how much he cost our nation—and how little we've gained from our fight against him. By conservative estimates, bin Laden cost the United States at least $3 trillion over the past 15 years, counting the disruptions he wrought on the domestic economy, the wars and heightened security triggered by the terrorist attacks he engineered, and the direct efforts to hunt him down.

What do we have to show for that tab? Two wars that continue to occupy 150,000 troops and tie up a quarter of our defense budget; a bloated homeland-security apparatus that has at times pushed the bounds of civil liberty; soaring oil prices partially attributable to the global war on bin Laden's terrorist network; and a chunk of our mounting national debt, which threatens to hobble the economy unless lawmakers compromise on an unprecedented deficit-reduction deal.

That's about $30,000 for every American household.

Was it worth it America?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
And this just in from another thread:

www.nwitimes.com...

INDIANAPOLIS | Overturning a common law dating back to the English Magna Carta of 1215, the Indiana Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Hoosiers have no right to resist unlawful police entry into their homes.

Tell me you live in a free country.

top topics

join