It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laci Peterson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hey, what's this?

"Detective Richard Byrd's name surfaced in Peterson's double-murder trial during questioning about when Amber Frey called Modesto police about her relationship with Peterson and her whereabouts the day that Laci Peterson was reported missing".

"Frey placed an almost hourlong call to Byrd's home the night of Dec. 21, 2002 -- three days before Peterson was reported missing, according to the phone records.

The next two calls from Frey's cell phone were to Scott Peterson the next morning, the documents show.

Frey called Byrd's home at least three times, for a total of 84 minutes, from Dec. 21, 2002, to Jan. 2, 2003, the records show. A 26-minute call from Frey's cell phone to Byrd's home took place the evening of Jan. 1, 2003 -- two days after Frey reportedly became aware that Peterson was married and his wife was missing".

modbee.com...

Strange....

[edit on 19-8-2004 by mako0956]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is consistent with theindependentjournal's statement:

Amber Frye lied about when she found out Scott was married according to a police officer and a private investigator that both say they told her on Dec. 21.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
i remember right after scott was arrested, seeing a clip on CNN (actually watched 3 loops to make sure) of an interview with his parents.
they stated that laci was the 3rd gal fished out in that area, who had been pregnant, in 18 months time. and the last victim was only a few months prior and to look it up. it is a matter of public record and how come they aren't reporting on that part of the story.
when i see pictures of scott, i see a very angry young man. it's in his eyes. i haven't been able to tell if it is the look of a mad-man, or the unfairly accused.
i can't imagine what he must me going thru if he is the latter....

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well, I must confess, that after reading "modbee.com", that there is a "hint" that Amber Frey maybe some how involved. Maybe the "cop" was a client of Amber's, maybe her "first" called to the Cop was to ask him to run a back-round check on Scott for her ( to see if Scott has been lying/telling her the truth, the "second" call with the Cop may have been to see what he had "found out" for her, and maybe that was when Amber first found out about Scott being married . Because of what she found out by way of the "Cop" she knew, maybe that is why she was taping their phone conversations, maybe she planned on "black-mailing Scott with those "tapes", if so, then maybe Scott did "come-clean" (tell) with Laci about his affair with Amber, Scott and Laci got into a huge fight and he killed her by accident, got scared, and got rid of the body. If it happened like that, then it should be "Man-slaughter", not murder.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by nanna_of_6]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Those NCIC computers aren't for just anyone, including Law Enforcement, to run criminal histories at random.

You have to have a reason to run someone. Civilians pay to have them ran (for jobs and licensing) and then they have to sign for the authorization. Cops can request to have someone run, but it is for investigative purposes only.

To just run Peterson because Frey had a question about him wouldn't justify a criminal backround check by the Officer, he would have had to authorize the backround check.

All inquiries are logged by the inquiring agency. The Officer wasn't in on the investigation, Laci wasn't missing when the "first" call was made, so what would be the point?

Nope, I don't agree with this scenario.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Investigator: Peterson calls cast doubt on alibis

Peterson lied to his mother about his whereabouts in one call.

In one call, Peterson tells his mother he is in a location more than 180 miles from where he actually was, according to the prosecution

But, in another he seems to indicate that he thinks Laci might return.

Peterson also called a real estate friend on Jan. 22, 2003, to inquire about selling his furnished home. �I want to talk to you about, you know, selling the house,� Peterson says. �You know, but keep it quiet, obviously.... I mean there�s no way if Laci comes back that we�re gonna stay there.�

What say ye?

MC

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hello all!! Before reading all the responses here, I had Scott pegged as the murderer. Now having read them, I have no clue! I too had never thought about Amber even being involved. It really is sounding more and more strange by the day.
I read an article on this subject a few days ago, and something struck me as odd. In the article it stated that a friend had introduced the two. Wouldn't the friend KNOW that Scott was married? And if so, why wouldn't this person tell Amber? Why would he introduce them in the first place?
This whole case is bizarre.

Ok, here's the article in question:
Article
Here's the excerpt from the article:
"Sibley, who played matchmaker for Peterson and Frey, also gave a statement at the time."

Just thought this was an interesting little bit of information. I look forward to reading your thoughts on this one!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
If he is not found guilty which he obviously is, I hope there is an LA style riot in which he is trampled in and gets injured and hopefully dies.

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
If he is not found guilty which he obviously is, I hope there is an LA style riot in which he is trampled in and gets injured and hopefully dies.

I'm not convinced he's guilty. It looks bad for him because his entire life was lived so recklessly that he was just a sitting duck for anyone who wanted to set him up. The one thing that has not been done by the prosecution is to establish just how he managed to carry the whole thing off. There's just a huge gap of logic in this case. We know that Peterson is a rat. The question is whether or not he is a killer rat.

[edit on 04/8/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vs Vortex
i remember right after scott was arrested, seeing a clip on CNN (actually watched 3 loops to make sure) of an interview with his parents. they stated that laci was the 3rd gal fished out in that area, who had been pregnant, in 18 months time. and the last victim was only a few months prior and to look it up. it is a matter of public record and how come they aren't reporting on that part of the story.

Good grief. Why isn't this being followed up a little more?

Barely related, but: a friend told me that there have been a whole series of murders incredibly similar to that of Nicole Brown Simpson in the same area where she was murdered, apparently related to drugs--and framing the person 'punished'. This friend considered OJ indirectly responsible, saying it related to drugs and was done because of him, but did not for a minute believe that he did it--but felt that he had realized what was going on, and that he was being framed, and there was nothing he could do about it, resulting in a little bit of weird behavior.

I wonder how improbable it could be that some kind of serial killer is responsible for Laci's death, with a deliberate of choice of victims that could frame someone else. After all, it's been noted how the DA didn't really even pursue several other angles, feeling they had their guilty part in Scott. A serial killer would be a lot less likely to be caught if there was someone the police could seize on as the guilty party.

The fact that there might have been several different people with motives, hidden or known, makes it weird and confusing, but just because it might have been convenient for Scott to murder his wife doesn't mean he did. And I have known people who were miserable scumbags about a lot of things, but that didn't make them capable of casual murder, at least as far as I could tell. I admit Scott's behavior during their 'candlelight vigil' for Laci is a bit odd, though--but then again, if they had for example, had some problem the night before, he might have thought that she drove off in anger for awhile. No... even to me that sounds totally unlikely LOL.

I have thought since day1 that Scott was probably guilty. And it appears from the testimony and circumstantial evidence that he "might" be, and that he certainly is a miserable human being.

But I have to say that I was put off by the fact that no evidence whatsoever has been found truly linking him to this. They thought he was guilty and they have really looked, and it is NOT as easy as it might seem to murder someone and take their body out somewhere and dump it and not have any shred of evidence. I mean really, aside from astronomically improbable good luck, with technology the way it is today, a person nearly needs to be a forensic expert themselves to be smart enough to avoid leaving even a dot or hair or shred of evidence anywhere. Scott is just smart enough to lie well; but he really does not strike me as a criminal mastermind.

The posts about his mistress really make her sound like a possibility. But then again you have to wonder, if Scott did not kill her and did not conspire with anybody to kill her, then don't you think he would be a TAD upset at the knowledge that she was dead? And less than thrilled if he thought the woman had murdered her? And why would he say to the woman, if he knew the murderer and it was her, that he knew who had done it but couldn't tell her?

I still think he did it. But it's disturbing that there is no evidence. If I were on the jury I'd have to clear him, with what I've seen so far, even though I feel certain he is guilty--but that is my feeling, not my knowing--my brain isn't convinced.

I do not think Laci's parents are involved in any way. You can't backseat drive the motives of people. Culturally some people are inclined to always dress well and smile even if they're dying inside. One has to look for motive and I see no motive for her own parents to want to do her in, especially when she was about ready to give birth. Really, this requires a gigantic assumption of human depravity. It ought to take a lot of indications before that is considered of someone. I don't see that they've done anything to merit that.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I remember hearing about Evelyn Hernandez being found in the SF bay as well. Dateline or 20/20 did a special about Laci's case and Evelyn was mentioned. The consensus was that since Laci was a pretty, white female from a "supposedly" picture-perfect family, her story was more interesting than that of a Hispanic immigrant pregnant by a married man. This story below indicates that Evelyn's son is also missing.

Evelyn Hernandez

More on Evelyn Hernandez

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Olivia]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The case becomes ever more convoluted. I think this case became a national interest not because the people involved were well-to-do or attractive, but because the whole thing is just so sordid.

This thing sounds more and more like a Coen Brothers' film everyday--"Fargo" and "The Man Who Wasn't There," come immediately to mind. "Blood Simple" might fit this model. as well.

The case has all the classic features of a black comedy.

[edit on 04/9/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
He told his family he was putting up fliers but guess what he was always doing instead? Calling Amber, more then a hundred calls in fact yeesh. Also, in one phone call when he was lieing about being in Paris (he was at home supposedly looking for his lost wife!) you can hear his dog in the backround and he tells Amber that he could just kill it because the dog in the hotel room next door won't shut up. So much more but it's really one of those cases where if you look for a conspiracy, you surely will find it. I think if he gets off with nothing, Amber better move to Alaska because she's next on his list but hey that's my prediction there (From logic, nothing else).

[edit on 7-9-2004 by TheOtaku]

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOtaku
I think if he gets off with nothing, Amber better move to Alaska because she's next on his list but hey that's my prediction there (From logic, nothing else).

I've sort of lost track of this case because the RNC dominated the news. The prosecution continues to rake Peterson over the coals, telling us what a dirtbag he is, but with little else.

I should be noted that never in any of the conversations with Frey, even when she was pressing the heck out of the issue, he never faltered in his assertion that he had nothing to do with Laci's disappearance. Even when she went to the police, he praised her courage in having done so.

The factors that keep nagging me are:

1. Laci's mom's histrionic diatribe after Laci's disappearance, without so much as a tear.

2. Laci's stepfather confronted Peterson about his having an affair.

3. Laci's stepfather going fishing on the same day Scott went fishing.

3. The Rocha family breaking into Scott's home, taking items, and contaminating the alleged crime scene and possibly removing evidence.

4. Amber Frey's questioning a detective regarding Peterson's marital status prior to Laci's disappearance.

5. Frey's sister living 5-7 minutes from the Peterson home.

6. Laci was reportedly seen after her reported disappearance.

7. A psychotic man admitting to killing a woman fitting Laci's description and calling her by a name very similar to Laci's and the police not following up on the lead.

8. The complete lack of physical evidence tying Peterson to the crime.

It think these items are enough to create reasonalbe doubt.

And I think that if Peterson is acquitted he should move to Alaska, because no one with any sense at all will have anything to do with him. I cannot imagine a man being more discredited. I wouldn't sit at the same bar with this worm.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I don't see a jury convicting this man- stranger things have been known to happen though, so I wouldn't bet the farm just yet.

You bring up some valid arguements for reasonable doubt to be considered. Perhaps the jury will debate some of these questionable issues as well.

Something just doesn't "fit right" in this case. I keep waiting for a bombshell to be dropped that hasn't been uncovered yet.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I hope the police give him a rodeny king style beating, if he is found not guilty. This guy is a freaking murderer, I dont understand how they pick these jurors who cant see the light, as in the OJ Simpson case.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

This guy is a freaking murderer, I dont understand how they pick these jurors who cant see the light...

Well TACHYON, can you shed a little light on this for us? I'm really interested in hearing anything that ties all this together.

[edit on 04/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I just heard this on Fox News. Scott Petersons father and Laci's stepfather had the first verbal confrontation that anyone knows of. Peterson's father yelled to Laci's stepfather while he was on the escalator "Where did you go fishing on Christmas Eve?" Laci's stepfather yelled back, "Come down here and I will tell you where I went fishing."

The prosecution is now going to establish that one of Laci's hair is lodged in a pair of needle nose pliars and that the hairs got there when Peterson was winding chicken wire around Laci's body.

I don't know how the chicken wire got to be an issue, but this is not the first time I have heard it mentioned.

I still have a gut feeling that Laci's stepfather in more involved than anyone currently knows.

[edit on 04/9/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

This guy is a freaking murderer, I dont understand how they pick these jurors who cant see the light...

Well TACHYON, can you shed a little light on this for us? I'm really interested in hearing anything that ties all this together.

[edit on 04/9/7 by GradyPhilpott]

First of all the tapes and then his lack of concern, there is too much circumstantial evidence, and the finger of justice points at him.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join