It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns West against 'Libya scenario' in Syria

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred
reply to post by tristar

I wasn't referring specifically to the US. I was refering to the general alliance of western nations as a whole. Regarding Libya the USA seems pretty distant this time, but that doesn't negate the point that 'western' nations are inevitably involved in pseudo-imperialistic military adventures almost constantly. It's no wonder the world views us with disdain.

The U.S. has a bigger fish to fry and what is happening to North Africa is that they are simply mopping up the floor so as noone will slip while walking across to the east. If you had computers and internet back in the days of the Roman empire, the same things would have been said or written. What is going on is a repetition of history, commonly known as "history is repeating itself" If you want a glimpse into the future, then study history, study what wrong choices were chosen by the then empires and see how our modern empires are doing everything possible as to not repeat those mistakes that were done thousands of years ago. History, its there to be studied, not viewed.
edit on 13-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by tristar

I do agree that Russia cares a lot more when its closer to home. AND, I do suspect them of offing the Polish government.

Just my opinion.

Yeah I am really shocked that one did not lead to all out war, but then again Obama is chicken pooh and probably gets paid by Russia to bend over backwards for them.

Congress is currently trying to stop Obama from giving away our tactical nukes when Russia will not do the same, and they have more tactical nukes than we do.

Actually the combined nuclear arsenal of nato far outweighs the rus stock pile, but then again if you launch fifty icbm's or one-hundred, the end result is the same, we all become extinct. These days an all out war is directly targeting the structure of the intended target wiping out its ability to communicate with forward outpost. Sounds like abit of fun with neutron's...no ?. This take me back to the carbon bombs used in 90's within Yugoslavia effectively wiping out the electrical grid within the capitol...remember those little treats.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
While the missiles were being fired at Libya, it's central bank was being seized. To the best of my knowledge, Syria is one of the few remaining nations with its own central bank (along with Iran, N. Korea, etc.) However it isn't a big oil country so ir doesn't rank as high on the priority list IMO.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Russia will say and do nothing positive.

Putin speaks of NATO in Libya

Skip to 1:30

Wise words of Putin
(This is one of the greatest speeches by a modern world leader that I've ever heard. There is a damn good reason why the West won't show Putin's speeches on their TVs, they might actually put thought into their national actions).

Putin is not stupid. He knew this was going to happen when Russia supported the so-called "no fly zone" at the UN. He sucked the coalition into Libya to further outstretch their resources, lose even more international standing, and to provide Russia a larger basis to criticize the West.

Russia is building up a platform to justify intervention against the West if necessary. Considering Russia has a major naval base and ties to Syria, they will intervene there (if not direct, then through covert ops).

Or maybe Russia will head a coalition of the willing to protect established middle eastern nations (especially those with economic and military ties to Russia). I'm sure China would jump in to protect her own interests, and probably even some other forces too like Venezuela and Iran.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

EDIT: Another good video showing Russia's stance on the Libyan "humanitarian" mission
edit on 13-5-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join