It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick question reguarding youtube videos....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Would it be possible, for embedded youtube videos, to have a "full screen" option, like they do on other sites?

On some videos, it can be hard to see what the deal is, when it's on a small screen vid. Especially UFO/paranormal videos, where the thing you're supposed to be looking at, is very small. i know it's only a click away, to go to youtube and enlarge it yourself, but for the sake of convinience, i think it could be a welcome addition to the site.

if I'm being stupid, and this is already a feature, then I'm sorry, and please accept my appology as sincere.
(this has happened more than once before.....I also appologise for them too. i blame flouride
)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Only alternative I see (and is the easiest I would imagine, for ATS) is for you, the viewer, to just click the "youtube" link at bottom. You have to, in some instances anyway, when the video has had "embedding disabled by request".

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Although its perfectly easy to go to youtube and watch content in full screen there instead, I agree that it would be ideal to view such content without bothering to do that. Apart from anything else, some users do NOT have machines that handle multiple tabs and windows well. I know I often have issues doing so, when accessing the site from a less capable machine, and I do not always have the option of going off and finding a more up to date model.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have a problem embedding google videos when it asks for DOC ID. I have no idea where to find it when browsing through google videos, but finding the YouTube number is relatively easy. Can someone please explain this or give me a link that explains it?

Thanks

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

I (used to) look in the browser address window for the URL.

There will be, near the end of the string, an equal sign ( '=' ), followed by a minus ( - ), with a string of nineteen numbers.

Tags either end, [g vid] and [/g vid] (no spaces). The ('-') and the numbers. Well, used to work that way, but doesn't seem to in this case??

Example:

[g vid]-6559283855135920321[/g vid] should work, but not....let's see if this time:

Google Video Link

Here's the full URL for the above test: video.google.com...#

Always worked in past, for me...maybe the change @ google, last month makes a difference?? They took down a lot of them, in favor of YouTube, which they also own....

edit on Fri 13 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Still does not work weedwhacker, but thanks for the help! I will figure it out sooner or later...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Google Video Link

maybe both first and second numbers
edit on 5/13/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The full screen button is very much missed yes. Bit silly being able to select 720/1080p but the screen is still in 360p size.

Maybe the script needs updating? Lots of other sites are able to show embedded youtube with a full screen button.

top topics

join