It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in a global terrorist network?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I would like to get some opinions on the members here about the existence of a global terrorist network. Al-qaeda, or whatever you care to call it.

The government and the media would like us to believe there is a global network of many terrorists with the means to carry out attacks anywhere on the planet. A central command, sleeper cells, funding, intelligence, basically a global guerilla army waiting to unleash hell on earth at a moments notice.

Does anyone buy this? Personally, I don't.

The idea of terrorist is to cause terror. To scare people, kill people, and demoralize the nation. Lets look at ways to accomplish this, and the means one would need to do it.

The attacks of 911 were supposedly carried out by 19 muslim extremists who were operating under Al-qaeda with the goal to crash 2 planes into the World Trade Centers, one into the Pentagon, with the last plane crashing to the ground before reaching its target. This was a well coordinated attack that must have involved many more support personnel than just the 19 involved in the hijacking. This would show that they have a strong network and are quite capable of future complex attacks.

Since then there have been no attacks that even got close to matching the one on 9/11. Several attempted attacks that seemed to be the work of amature terrorists have taken place, however.

Now, my question is, why is it that such a well funded and strong organization capable of carrying out the attacks of September 11th have not been able to accomplish anything since then? Some would believe it's because of the "war on terror" and that we have actually been quite successful in stopping further attacks. I don't believe that either.

As I stated earlier, we are lead to believe the goal of terrorists is to scare and demoralize the population, and to cause physical and financial harm. If this is the goal of such organizations, it would be extremely easy to accomplish, even without a complex structure, or large amounts of money and intelligence.

Consider the following:

In New York, Portland, LA, Austin, Chicago, Seattle, and Denver there is a gunman that enters a populated area such as a sports stadium, shopping mall, even a school or office building. In each city this gunman kills as many people as possible before blowing himself up and killing/injuring even more. All of these attacks take place at the same time.

Now, imagine this happens once a year, every year. This would cause a HUGE amount of panic in the general population, Your average American citizen would most likely be terrified. They would feel that whenever they leave their home it's possible a terrorist is lurking around the corner waiting to kill them. I think it's very possible something like this happening on a regular basis could cause even more terror and panic than the events of 9/11.

How hard would it be to do this? Not very hard at all. It would take 7 people in total to carry out an attack on each city. They would only have to meet one time in person, decide on a date and a time, and then retreat to their corner of the country and go about their daily lives waiting until the date of the attack. How could they be stopped? There would be no E-Mail or cell phone communication to intercept and learn of this plot. As long as they weren't stupid and didn't tell anybody else of their plans, it would be nearly impossible to stop this from happening.

They would only need to obtain a gun, legally or otherwise, which is not difficult to do.

If, as we are led to believe, there are hundreds (if not thousands) of terrorists willing to die to carry out attacks on America it would not be difficult to find recruits. So WHY has this not been done? A group intelligent enough to pull off 9/11 isn't smart enough to think about a plot like this? Really?

Which leads me to only one conclusion: There is no network of terrorists willing to give their lives to carry out attacks on America. If there was, with very limited funds and effort they could have already carried out unstoppable attacks that would strike fear into the heart of almost every citizen.

Does anyone else agree? Does anyone find a flaw in my logic? I'm sure many would agree, but I'm also sure there are plenty of people here that believe with all their heart that a large group of muslim extremists are putting all their effort into attacking America. Let me know what you think!
edit on 13-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I believe in a global terrorist network. Its headed by the United Kingdom, United States and Israel.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
I believe in a global terrorist network. Its headed by the United Kingdom, United States and Israel.

And they do, in a sense, carry out the OPs plan on a much, much larger scale... OK maybe I shouldn't call it his plan, but they follow that mindset; keep doing crazy smaller stuff that is easier to accomplish rather than something massive (like a nuclear strike) to cause terror and fear in a population...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I totally agree with your thoughts and i`m sure anyone who has done their research will also agree.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Good call

*Muslim extremist hell bent on destroying America terrorist network* is what I should have asked.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

Too true unfortunately......

I also agree with you op a 'global terrorist network' is just the latest crackpot story cooked up by the media & the elite to dominate the minds of the population.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Nope. Random terrorist acts from pockets of radicalized zealots which have always been and will always be a fact of life sewn together by a thread of someone telling us it is all related and woven together with further terrorist acts, false flags, and black ops to support this telling does not a global terrorist network make.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The NWO uses the worlds intel agencies to do a lot of its dirty work via Knights of Malta etc.

The original terror and narco-mafia networks were set up trained and operated by the KGB and later they seem to have colluded with the CIA - judging by Clintons well documented involvement in it all.

Nowadays a lot of the Islamic terror networks are probably autonomous though undoubtedly still monitored and controlled to some extent by the intel agencies.

So yes the terror networks are real - muslims do want to kill us all - they are only permitted to function though as long as it suits the NWO goals - ultimately it seems the Muslims are slated for annhilation - that is what the Israeli sampson option is for.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Is this in reference to 'The Special relationship'? The governments of this world we live in and certain aspects and key members and departments within it. Like the UK Tax man now that's a scary bugger for sure and he has become most skilled in his terrorizing the nation.

Or are could it mean Rt Hon Tony Blair the 'Middle East peace envoy'. As far as peace works there I'd say he is yet another highly skilled terrorist doing a wonderful job. Just on a side note how long is one elected into the position of peace envoy? I take it the incumbent and the position is reviewed and depending upon progress replaced or somebody is newly elected? As our Rt Hon Tony Blair must be doing a fine job then as he is still bring peace and you have no terrorist activities what so ever in the Middle East now.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The feeling is mutual. I don't see how people don't realize, who is really terrorizing and killing people.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i don't have time to read your post, but want to reply to the topic title.

yes i do.

i knew a guy from school who went away to pakistan for a couple of years and came back #ed up.

he'd been through training... i also remember other kids bragging about training camps long before i heard about them on the news... (this was in the late 90's)

The only problem is, I don't trust my government either. I wouldn't put it past them to be funding the whole thing in the first place as a way to justify more greed/control...

i don't want to die at the hands of a terrorist, but the people don't strap bombs to themselves unless someone is REALLY pissing them off.... and lets face it, 'we' did # over the entire middle east by creating isreal on someone else's home and committing genocide ever since..

if china and russia got together to give the church of scientology land in canada, i reckon nukes would fly!
edit on 13-5-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Yes I do believe that there did (and most likely still does) exist a global network of terrorists.

Can I be bothered spending an hour writing out an educated justification for this only for it to dismissed by conspiracy spin. No.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ya, I believe in it, if you mean a global terrorist network is the gov.s of the U.S., U.K. etc. or wait, wait, the global terrorist network, isnt that what America calls actual rebel fighters fighting against the powers that be?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
I would like to get some opinions on the members here about the existence of a global terrorist network. Al-qaeda, or whatever you care to call it.

I believe in a global terrorist network. Its called the CIA. Of course its not the only one. The English have one. The Russians have one, and I am sure others do as well.

The only global organized terrorists, imho, are those working on behalf of large, rich governments.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I for one agree with you. A global network would have to be composed of thousands of people with the same agenda and a central leadership. What we have are some disgruntled religious fundamentalists who wish to kill everyone not THEM. Sounds a like like some others I know during the Crusades.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Yes and no. Yes I believe there are certain people inclined towards act of terrorism for political/religious reasons. However the severity of this threat and the nature of it is what I question, would there be such a threat if we removed troops from the middle east etc? Proabably not. Another point to make is that 'global terrorist network' implies a degree of centralisation which I'm not convinced exists.
Also I'm inclined to believe that certain branches of certain governments are possibly in collusion or fully aware of these groups/individuals but are continuing to allow their existence as it allows for increasing surveillance and further encroachment onto our civil liberties.
edit on 13-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

If terrorism was as organized and advanced as we are told, they would have already taken over the planet. Terrorism is a word. Just a word. It truly is 1984 people. Control the language and control the people. What is worse than being a terrorist by our definition..not much. In reality what is worse...congress..ooops guess that makes me a terrorist. Welcome to the 'red list'

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yes. It's called (depending on the part of the world) CIA, Mossad, ISI, MI6, etc
These are the real terrorists and always have been. We will not be free of terrorism
until these agencies are held accountable.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes I do believe there really is a Government and know I don't support them !

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
eventually when people begin to revolt against their governments on masse that is when they will play the global terrorist card, because in the end we are all potential terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join