It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daredevil Jetman flies across Grand Canyon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Daredevil Jetman flies across Grand Canyon

www.telegraph.co.uk

Few people witnessed it, but a Swiss daredevil dubbed "Jetman" has declared that he made a successful weekend flight over the Grand Canyon in a custom-made, winged jet pack
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I so want one of these would make the morning commute more interesting.Obl should have invested in one.If this is what this man has I would love to see the military's version.They won't but if they brought these out for everyday people would then then be air tax jet packs like hover boards have always been a childhood fantasy.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Not much chance of joining the mile high club with that suit on. Could an expert tell if it is legal to own and use a jet pack without any license? I remember reading something about jet packs a while back and I believe it mentioned that no licenses are required to use them?

I admit it all sounds a bit dim witted not needing a license to use them or registration so surely that can't be the case? My concern being on my morning walk to work not the usual bird excrement but a fat bloke in a bright glowing suit dropping on my head. Bird crap I can deal with but a big chap just landing on me nut don't seem right.

I was looking at one which cost £40,000 when new and had a range of I believe 14Km/miles or 20-30mins off the ground. Seems reasonable however people in cities have money to burn and those fat bankers worry me, some say pigs can fly.

As I walked over my beloved London bridge admiring the ever changing London skyline all of a sudden it got dark like night had set in early. As I surveyed the footpath I noticed a large bowler hat drop out the sky right in front of me, then...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by BritishBrotherOfBass

Like the end paragraph imagine the new wave of UFO sightings.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Wonderfull!
A huge smile on his face!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I was looking at one which cost £40,000 when new and had a range of I believe 14Km/miles or 20-30mins off the ground. Seems reasonable however people in cities have money to burn and those fat bankers worry me, some say pigs can fly.

yeah I think flight time for those So called jet packs is more like 20 to 30 seconds and most of the fuel is burnt up just lifting you off the ground...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender

yeah I think flight time for those So called jet packs is more like 20 to 30 seconds and most of the fuel is burnt up just lifting you off the ground...

The first cars could only go 25 down hill, so give the technology time. It's also sad that people are asking if you need a license to fly one. Are we so dependent on government we must ask this question? I think the real question is do we have the technology not do we have the permit. A piece of paper won't sustain flight. You can pay all the taxes you want it won't solve anything. People understand this, right? If people had the technology to teleport out of the earth's orbit, do you think they would waste time standing in line at the DMV?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Thanks Spoonbender that's one less thing to worry about I don't fancy the idea of flying pigs. Really only 20-30 seconds maybe the old ozzy bin liner should have had one at hand rather than sitting upstairs in bed for 40min while the big loud party was kicking off downstairs.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
He did this last weekend.

You cant take off from the ground with the apparatus. You have to jump out of a plane then turn on the jets which only last for about 45 secs to minute. Still very cool nonetheless.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
$155,000 to $250,000
for 30 to 33 Seconds of flight time

Popular Mechanics

and the Techs been around for some time not that New as some 1 else posted...

waste of time & money

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spoonbender

Jetman is not using a rocket pack. He is in fact using 4 tiny jet turbines that burn jet fuel. His system can not create enough lift to get off the ground but when brought aloft by a plane he can achieve flights of 30-40 minutes.

edit on 13-5-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

new topics

top topics

join