It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOD is sad... please listen to this my Brothers and Sisters

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmrikazNightmar3
reply to post by Akragon

Drug use/tattoos... I have both in my life. I'd like to hear your thoughts on them from what you've understood from the scriptures.

Do whatever it is that makes you happy...

I partake in the mighty peaceful plant myself, and i have a tattoo...

Honestly i don't even know what it says about either, nor do i care.

If you're happy with your habbits or preference on tattoos, who cares what others think.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by laffoe

God is sad.
We have forgot him
I made this thread to remember
Well I'm sorry, but this thread did nothing to help me hear this supposed voice in my head. Do you mean a literal voice, or is it a metaphor for the "essence" within? I don't feel empty or lonely without this supposed connection you talk of, and I honestly think it's sad weak people that reach towards this invisible entity, yet deny their own divinity and spiritual essence, concluding life is meaningless without some sort of God watching over them, giving them meaning, giving them that special feeling they can't achieve via any other means but deceiving themselves, whilst at the same time trying to help others whom they claim are lacking that "something", when in reality their outlook completely hinges on their own perceptions. Have a good day.

hmmmm

You could've
at least put your post
into stanzas
As did the OP

I would have read it
as I did her's
like William Shatner
aloud

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by gabby2011

If there is a loving God,I'm sure he would understand why I struggle with the concepts in the bible, and with the way I see things now

what don't you understand, perhaps i can help

It is true that God undertands both of those things....It is you that doesnt understand why and how you are confused.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brianegan

If there is a loving God,I'm sure he would understand why I struggle with the concepts in the bible, and with the way I see things now

what don't you understand, perhaps i can help

It is true that God undertands both of those things....It is you that doesnt understand why and how you are confused.

(smiles) hmmm..yes I would say I am confused with myself often,and wonder why I feel what I do.

I so do want to believe in a higher being,that judges wisely ,with great compassion,and inspires humans to live a meaningful life, with the promise of an after life that is free of horror and pain,caused by twisted minds and souls. But at the same time,I struggle with a higher being that has power to stop some terrible atrocities against innocent victims,especially children, but chooses not to.

So to answer your question again,I find God confusing,as well as finding myself and other humans confusing.
I think that many are confused by this loving God, and how He chooses to not answer prayers for some, but seems to answer for others.

It breaks my heart when I see people say..look what the Lord did for us, He inspired someone to give us a new car..but yet there is some mother out there desperatley praying for an innocent child of hers, that has been abducted, and her prayers seem to go unanswered.

I think I have a right to be confused.

edit on 16-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Realize that God has no need to interfear with human affairs.

I know it sounds confusing. This creation and everything else in creation is perfect. The only real imperfection is our thoughts and actions.

Sadly enough, everything happens for a reason. When bad things happen its a result of that persons own accumulated Karma. Gods works manifest in the lives of men.

This is also why the "rapture" idea many christians believe is complete nonsence.

Unfortunatly some people have lessons they need to learn. And those lessons are not always easy, the loss of a child would be crippling i admit. But again that is the lesson this person needs to learn.

My personal belief is, when horrible things happen to people, they have inflicted this same pain on others in a previous life. So they must understand the pain they've put others through by dealing with that same pain themselves.

Of course you have the right to be confused, but have faith in God. As i've said before, everything is exactly how it should be.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I know it sounds confusing. This creation and everything else in creation is perfect. The only real imperfection is our thoughts and actions.

Sadly enough, everything happens for a reason. When bad things happen its a result of that persons own accumulated Karma. Gods works manifest in the lives of men.

This is also why the "rapture" idea many christians believe is complete nonsence.

Unfortunatly some people have lessons they need to learn. And those lessons are not always easy, the loss of a child would be crippling i admit. But again that is the lesson this person needs to learn.

My personal belief is, when horrible things happen to people, they have inflicted this same pain on others in a previous life. So they must understand the pain they've put others through by dealing with that same pain themselves.

Of course you have the right to be confused, but have faith in God. As i've said before, everything is exactly how it should be.

well..I guess if thats how you want to rationalize evil, so be it.

I personally think what you say is nowhere near the truth , and just a silly rationalization about evil deeds, and a rather shallow explanation of a supposedly loving God.

I don't buy a word of it, and my intuition tells me that many others don't as well.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

I personally think what you say is nowhere near the truth , and just a silly rationalization about evil deeds, and a rather shallow explanation of a supposedly loving God.

I don't buy a word of it, and my intuition tells me that many others don't as well.

Well thats the best part, this is my belief. Im not trying to convert you or anyone else. I also couldn't care less if anyone believes what i say.

Good and evil don't exist, they're simply human emotions or even "lower Vibrations" such as hate, greed, selfishness etc etc.

IF you need an explanation of a "loving God" thats easy..... Everyone passes into the afterlife... no matter what their sins are in this life. You kill, rape, slaughter hundreds of people... You still get into "heaven" though Heaven and hell are also just words to discribe the afterlife or the spirit realm.

Would you not call that a loving God?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Well thats the best part, this is my belief. Im not trying to convert you or anyone else. I also couldn't care less if anyone believes what i say.

Good and evil don't exist, they're simply human emotions or even "lower Vibrations" such as hate, greed, selfishness etc etc.

IF you need an explanation of a "loving God" thats easy..... Everyone passes into the afterlife... no matter what their sins are in this life. You kill, rape, slaughter hundreds of people... You still get into "heaven" though Heaven and hell are also just words to discribe the afterlife or the spirit realm.

[/quot]

I'd call that a silly rationalization by a foolish mind,and not even close to what God really is.

That's all I will say on the matter, because it seems too ridiculous to even argue about.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

no..I'd call it a silly rationalization from a foolish mind.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Alright, why don't you explain what you believe God is...

Perhaps you believe God is some being in the clouds? Again im not trying to convert you, but i will argue my points. You call it rediculious, i call it logical... and i can show you scripture to prove what i say if needed.

I admit though, i don't think i've ever had anyone call my beliefs foolish. This intrigues me to no end...

please explain what exactly is foolish about what i posted?

edit on 16-5-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by laffoe
I see now God in everything, listen to his voice, his laughter, and hear him talking back to me
through music, movies, radio and most important trough you.

Love you all

I'm with you brother. I see god in everything...every action....every so called coincidence...every positive beautiful thing in the world.

I wasn't always like this...it takes faith...as he knew it would.

I love you too.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by teapot
reply to post by amaster

Letting God past the throat and into the heart expands the mind.

It is your choice that you do not let God 'do something about it'.

I don't know about you, but my throat leads to my stomach, not my heart and in all honesty, your god doesn't taste very good and gives me indigestion.

As for me not letting god "do something about it" . . . last time I check I didn't tell god what to do. He's the all-powerful one with an eye on the world. I'm just human.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Bleh...

I hate when people comment about a post, then run away without an explanation...

*sigh*

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Thank-you for your words my loved friend

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Bleh...

I hate when people comment about a post, then run away without an explanation...

*sigh*

I'm not sure if that was directed at me but . . . I’m sorry, you’re right. That was a childish response as a result of my bad day.

What I should have said was that I should not be made to open my throat and swallow the beliefs of others. If the god of others is the true god and he wants my love, then he knows where to find me. He will let himself in and it won’t be through the words of others. Again, I’m glad so many of you can find comfort and solace in your faith, but I don’t feel it’s necessary to promote it to others. I’m starting to think that religion should follow the lead of gays in the military, “don’t ask, don’t tell”. I’m sure I’ll catch some flack for that comment, but so be it, it’s my opinion to which I am entitled.

To be honest, I’m actually quite surprised by the number of devoutly religious people that can be found on a conspiracy theory website. With as untrusting of authority and speculative of all things meant to control, I would think religion tops that list.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Bleh...

*sigh*

I'm not sure if that was directed at me but . . . I’m sorry, you’re right. That was a childish response as a result of my bad day.

What I should have said was that I should not be made to open my throat and swallow the beliefs of others. If the god of others is the true god and he wants my love, then he knows where to find me. He will let himself in and it won’t be through the words of others. Again, I’m glad so many of you can find comfort and solace in your faith, but I don’t feel it’s necessary to promote it to others. I’m starting to think that religion should follow the lead of gays in the military, “don’t ask, don’t tell”. I’m sure I’ll catch some flack for that comment, but so be it, it’s my opinion to which I am entitled.

To be honest, I’m actually quite surprised by the number of devoutly religious people that can be found on a conspiracy theory website. With as untrusting of authority and speculative of all things meant to control, I would think religion tops that list.

Actually it was dirrected at the one who called my beliefs "foolish"... That is the first time i've heard anyone say that about them so i was interested in finding out how he came to the "foolish" conclusion.

I agree you shouldn't listen to anyone preach their beliefs. But if they feel they must, let them.

Im not here to tell anyone whats right, but i will speak to what i believe. No one can prove the existance of God to another person. You have to prove it to yourself, if of course that is what you seek.

I can only point out the way, if people chose to hear what i say Good for them, if not they must find their own way. Either way, everyone walks their own path my friend

Listen to whats inside

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by laffoe
I see now God in everything, listen to his voice, his laughter, and hear him talking back to me
through music, movies, radio and most important trough you.

Love you all

I'm with you brother. I see god in everything...every action....every so called coincidence...every positive beautiful thing in the world.

I wasn't always like this...it takes faith...as he knew it would.

I love you too.

Thankyou Brother
Needed some cheering up today.
You just reach my heart with your loving words.

Love you

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

It is you who has clicked on to this forum and it is you who reads the threads and it is you who joins in discussion.
I say God has already found you! By coming here you are promoting god to yourself.
You are facinated by God, it is not a choice.
Who is driving this inquiry?
Who made you come here?

I am not interested in motorcycles or horses or ufos, so i would never go online in search of those things because they do not interest me.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Hope you have found some of what you´ve been looking for here

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Wise words my friend
We are drawn by what we need to proceed

Love and respect

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>