GOD is sad... please listen to this my Brothers and Sisters

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

I don't think he's sad. I think he's angry and bubbling right below the surface.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

I feel God within me, I feel blessed, my life has felt blessed for as long as my conscientiousness recalls. There have been times in my life when I have been both atheist and agnostic, but I was never without God, or rather God never abandoned me.

How can anyone go through life without perceiving the subtle nudges and synchronicity that gently(sometimes not so gently) and lovingly bring us back on track? The invisible rails are there all the time.

Those that have unshakable faith from a young age are fortunate. But I think for many it is only through experiencing the power of God in their own lives, that the truth creeps up on us.

I don't think our creator is sad. There wouldn't be a person on this planet that does not want joy in their lives, and there wouldn't be a single soul who wouldn't eventually realize that love is the greatest joy.

It is the duel nature of our existence on earth that helps us decide what it is that we don't want. Evil can never prevail over love. God is infinitely patient.

God bless you laffoe.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal
My friend, whoever says God has shared his thought with them, are just plain out crazy. We live in a realm of mortals. God is divine. We know NOTHING about divinity. Sadness is an emotion we mortals precieve. Divinity are not humans so they can't feel emotions. God doesn't think about mortal thoughts. Heck, who even knows if they think? How do we even know God is a singular thing? Seriously, think about what people say about God.

We each hold a bit of the divine within us. Call it a spark, a soul, inner light, whatever, but a part of the divine is within us. Thus, the knowledge from the divine can manifest within us if we seek it. Nurturing this divinity within us allows it to grow and enlighten us and those around who are willing to see it. If you meet someone willing to see, help them see. Like in my signature below, our superiority is not obvious to the eye, so it must be sought.

And God is love, an emotion that is shared by some of us. If God did not love, we could not exist with him, and people like Jesus and Buddha would have never existed either. Rather, he would leave us to live and die like mere organisms and we would have no knowledge of him whatsoever. To assume we don't know is ignorance and nonacceptance of the free gift that is grace (unconditional love, salvation, etc.), and ignorance is what binds you to this earth and will do so until you break free from it and accept the knowledge of truth and the gift of grace given to all of us.

Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Letting God past the throat and into the heart expands the mind.

It is your choice that you do not let God 'do something about it'.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
No offense intended to the OP, but why are threads like these here? Shouldn't they go into BTS Religion thread?

One question I'd really like to know from all who claim god talks to them. How do you distinguish that "little voice in your head" from being your god or your conscious? Can you tell them apart or are they one in the same? I bet this question never gets answered.

I'm not an atheist, btw.

OP "I see now God in everything, listen to his voice, his laughter, and hear him talking back to me
through music, movies, radio and most important trough you."

As you can see, it was answered by the OP.
Also, I don't take this the wrong way, it's important to make sure that you know that when you said "I bet this question never gets answered." You were already wrong when you typed the statement.

To OP, thank you for sharing your journey, don't worry, you are not alone.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
There is no reason to be sad, oh God, for we are forever with thee. Ye! even in our darkest hour, when thy light is shadowed by thy might in total eclipse, thy bidding will be done. Our love will never be misplaced, and our reason will never be forgotten. But wait! We are but floating on top of one electron in thy heavenly body. So I ask thee, oh Lord, will you remember us?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I logged out a week ago and planned not to log in again just to only read on here every now and then. This was too great of a post not to acknowledge.
I came back from Iraq last year after my second tour. It was difficult to adjust to everyday life again so soon and I couldn't do it. I turned to alcohol to make myself feel better and to dull the pain. I was drinking a 5th and a pint a night of crown royal. January 3rd I loaded my 40 caliber pistol and decided I didn't want to live anymore. In front of my girlfriend I put my pistol to my head and pulled the trigger. My gun did not discharge and I fell to the ground. I spent the next day in the ER at UNC trying to get help for alcohol and kept the event from the night before quiet from the staff as I didn't want to spend 3 days being observed.

I have been sober since January 3rd and I do owe this to god. I was very religious before and had fallen out of touch. I believe he knew it wasn't my time. That is the only reason I can think of for my gun not discharging. God works in mysterious ways but he has given me peace. You may not believe but I do. He changed my life and I owe him mine. Thank you for this post OP. Nobody can take your faith from you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

Lately I have got the notion that all those negative calling like: ´I don´t wanna live´, ´This
life is too hard´, ´I can´t take anymore of this´ and so on has stopped.

I wish that were true, but sadly the suicide rates have not seen any marked declines. A visit to your local mental health facility may have you reconsidering your notion that all this has stopped.

I love my children and would give them anything.
I can see in theit eyes their love for me.
If the started not to care about me, I would still love them
just as much.
Still love them, but be sad.

Why be sad if your children do not love you? Unconditional love only loves; it does not concern itself with being loved in return.

I don't think God would be sad. Sadness arises in a state of separation from the awareness of God's love, but God is love itself, so how could he be in a state of separation from it?

Anyway, I do appreciate the intent of your post, and I thank you for the reminder to listen to the music from within. (See my signature).

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

That's more of an insult to the OP...do you not breath oxygen, eat food, and live on this planet we are all the same but we are all different...I believe the atheist troll forum is somewhere else

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

Most people will never believe in God for the simple fact that they have not seen him or seen any proof he exists, its pretty pathetic actually...they will believe when the President comes on TV and accounces Osama is dead with no proof, they will believe when they say terrorists from another country blew up the twin towers (that were specifically designed to withstand airplane crashes) But they will never believe in God because its childish to them...But I will take my faith over the words of greedy men.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Is that what God would say to me?
I find your pseudo morals laughable... Please, continue.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
[
edit on 13-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

I think if people would listen and connect with God, peace would be all around us. Wars and crime would not exist.
God gave man free will, and as long as we continue to make the wrong choices, our world is going to continue it's misery.
edit on 13-5-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

Do you know the number of wars fought in the name of GOD ??????

line 2

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoverBoy
I logged out a week ago and planned not to log in again just to only read on here every now and then. This was too great of a post not to acknowledge.
I came back from Iraq last year after my second tour. It was difficult to adjust to everyday life again so soon and I couldn't do it. I turned to alcohol to make myself feel better and to dull the pain. I was drinking a 5th and a pint a night of crown royal. January 3rd I loaded my 40 caliber pistol and decided I didn't want to live anymore. In front of my girlfriend I put my pistol to my head and pulled the trigger. My gun did not discharge and I fell to the ground. I spent the next day in the ER at UNC trying to get help for alcohol and kept the event from the night before quiet from the staff as I didn't want to spend 3 days being observed.

I have been sober since January 3rd and I do owe this to god. I was very religious before and had fallen out of touch. I believe he knew it wasn't my time. That is the only reason I can think of for my gun not discharging. God works in mysterious ways but he has given me peace. You may not believe but I do. He changed my life and I owe him mine. Thank you for this post OP. Nobody can take your faith from you.

Dear LoverBoy,

I am so glad that your gun did not discharge. I come from a military family, had five in war zones at one time. I was ROTC but never joined. I teared when I read your post. I do not know your experience over there and will not ask. My father once said that everyone's war is individual (Marine in Korea, Chosen few, Inchon and Pusan). You may have lots of bad memories, fill your mind with beauty and positive things, that is how you overcome the evil that we witness. Clearly God wants you here, I assume you know how to use a gun and knew how to keep yours in proper working condition and still it didn't. Think about that, it worked every other time didn't it.

Whatever guilt you may feel, he forgave it a long time ago; don't make his forgiveness pointless, forgive yourself, he has a use for you and that will payback whatever wrong you perceive. Please let him forgive you by forgiving yourself. You can hear him louder if you forgive others and if you forgive yourself also, then you can hear him the best. Please be well.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

I don't fully believe in what the OP is saying, but obviously you are a troll. Someone writes a message of hope in a religious context and because you are such a negative jerk, you feel the need to redicule or make this about you. This message isn't about you at all. It obviously wasn't meant for you either. Are you so selfish? Piss off. You wont last long here at ATS with an immature attitude like that. People wont be very fond of you and wont mind telling you that you suck.

God wouldn't say that to you.

The God I know would say he is happy for you, experiencing your life the way you please.

He isn't sad that you prefer not to believe in him.

He doesn't doubt that one day you WILL hear him.

He rejoices in the fact that when you do hear him, that he can change your life in an unimaginable way.

God would tell you that he loves you regardless.
edit on 13-5-2011 by kennyb72 because: grammar

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

I said, 'we are not the same'... Does not that suggest that I am different?

And where is the preaching forum?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed
I don't fully believe in what the OP is saying, but obviously you are a troll.

Someone writes a message of hope in a religious context and because you are such a negative jerk, you feel the need to redicule or make this about you.

This message isn't about you at all. It obviously wasn't meant for you either.

Are you so selfish?

Piss off.

You wont last long here at ATS with an immature attitude like that.

People wont be very fond of you and wont mind telling you that you suck.

Hi,

Going off topic here, sorry....

Just pointing out that like many other newbies to this website you have already broken the T&C with your offensive and abusive response... and Mods have now been alerted to this.

Please refrain from abusive responses to other members. If you cannot have some degree of self control then you don't belong here.

And now back to the advertised Topic.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Thank you very much for your kind words. I was 2nd Recon Bn in Iraq. I just mentally couldn't cope with what had happened when I got out. With what my job was, I saw every persons face before I pulled the trigger. I saw each expression before I pulled the trigger. You don't think about it much and the more you do it the easier it becomes. Once I came home It was too much. I still everyday see each persons face. I do however forgive myself and forgive others. God forgave me. I don't regret anything because I believe everything happens for a reason. God has a plan for me and after a few more months of sobriety I want to be a counselor and help other Marines coming back from duty. We will see what God has in store.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
the writer of this thread came from the Heart and acted,
only the Ego's re-acted, so no big deal.
I always thought that when Jesus was on the cross
and said forgive them for they know not what they do,
that He was referring to them not knowing Who He was.....
But another reason that has just come to me recently
is He was saying forgive them because it was just their Ego's
that they were re-acting from.. It wasn't them in their true sense
or essence, so He was saying forgive them because they truly
did not know what they were doing.... Albeit they were insane.......

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
the writer of this thread came from the Heart and acted,
only the Ego's re-acted, so no big deal.
I always thought that when Jesus was on the cross
and said forgive them for they know not what they do,
that He was referring to them not knowing Who He was.....
But another reason that has just come to me recently
is He was saying forgive them because it was just their Ego's
that they were re-acting from.. It wasn't them in their true sense
or essence, so He was saying forgive them because they truly
did not know what they were doing.... Albeit they were insane.......

Dear Cannon,

Yes, I agree with you, they did not understand, still growing and still learning.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that heart felt gift from our God, you are right.
www.youtube.com...=54

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join