It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Forum Should Be Closed Down !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by firepilot

Weird and whacky ideas come with the territory in all conspiracies,just look at the
911 board for proof of that !
But whatever, people have views and shouldn't, imo, be attacked for them !
And that goes for both sides !

Peace

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
As another over-50 who remembers blue skies, I agree that there seems to be constant "smog" conditions even far away from cities or highways. Old photos from the 70s show a deep blue sky, very white clouds, and crisp, vibrant colors. Now, things always have a film or haze, as if we're living inside a giant "frosted" lightbulb. And no, I don't have cataracts. :-P

That's an interesting claim, and should be one you can back up. Can you give your approximate location (or any location where you think this is happening), and then we can compare photos. Like:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f318ced1a2cc.jpg[/atsimg] source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d26938d526bb.jpg[/atsimg]
source

And maybe look at some pre-aviation photos, to see what a natural sky looks like:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/671390b55f54.jpg[/atsimg]
source
edit on 13-5-2011 by Uncinus because: fixed loc link

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
reply to post by Essan

Just curious: if someone proved that two aircraft flying at the same altitude at the same time produced two very different trails, what excuse would you come up with?

I would be mystified, though open to the possibiity that different engines or something might be a reason. What about you?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

so you can remember them always being in the sky im 40 and i think they are a new unknown ,and as anybody noticed a strange smell like stale animal urine or something i and many of my friends and family have also noticed this

:

i always look up so i notice these thing
thanks
edit on 13-5-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Don't ask someone to backup their life experience....

Most of us can tell a genuine person from a cocky debunking jackas$ .....

He was sharing what he has seen through out his life....

As if he has a time lapse photo album of all of it.....

Grow up.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Actually, its the chemtrailers who start most of the threads.

And when we start threads asking for chemtrailers to debunk the theory that what they are seeing are contrails, or in some other way refute long standing scientific observation, they ........... remain very, very silent

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dplum517

He said "Old photos from the 70s show a deep blue sky", implying things have changed.

So why not use this to prove the theory once and for all? Don't you want to provide evidence to back your claims? Especially when the evidence should be quite definitive.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
...because there is plenty of it in ALL the other threads we have created lololol

Why would I want to comment on your thread or any of your debunking friends threads....

unless of course I want to make a smart as$ remark..

The only comments you get are from your friends reinforcing the same crap

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

One thing last years closure of air space due to the volcanic eruption did teach me is that even on 'clear' days there is usually still a residue 'haze' due to air traffic. This is rarely noticeable overhead but can be seen on the horizon - or, as this study conducted in 2006 shows - by Lidar.

Which does show that normally air traffic does, regardless of atmospheric conditions, affect our skies. Sadly the ony answer to this problem (at present) is to stop flying.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
freedom to believe or not is yours and yours alone! I have seen things that I know are real but no rational explanation could explain it. I do know that we have been lied to before by TPTB before ...

blind faith leads to being blinded by faith and unable to discover the truth

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
...because there is plenty of it in ALL the other threads we have created

Yes, but usually lost within all the name calling, circular reasoning and major shifting of multiple goalposts that sadly typifies most such threads.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uncinus
reply to post by dplum517

He said "Old photos from the 70s show a deep blue sky", implying things have changed.

So why not use this to prove the theory once and for all? Don't you want to provide evidence to back your claims? Especially when the evidence should be quite definitive.

Its ironic how they bring up these supposedly idyllic blue skies from their youth, when air quality has gotten better since that time. Usage of catalytic converters, emissions scrubbers, better coal fire plants and the Clean Air Act, have resulted in better air, not worse. And if we get into water quality, we are better off there too.

The chemtrailers claim that we have massive amounts of air pollution from chemtrails, and they have made many claims of hospitals chock full of people dying off, but they have never substantiated any of those claims. Then again, they have not substantiated any of their claims, and just keep repeating that contrails cant persist, that aluminum and barium are not part of nature, and that there is giant conspiracy overhead.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by philware

No, I think you might be going rong somewhere ?
In my OP i said that for my first 30 or so years ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

And this is why ive tred my best to keep this thread civil, and for the most part it has been !
Thanks to all for that !
It seems that every thread on this topic goes exactly the same way lets not let that happen here ?

Peace

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

So your mind is closed then ?
As I said in my OP no amount of evidence will change some minds ?
New engines ?
C'mon Essen open your mind back up I credit you with more intelligence than that my friend ?

Peace
edit on 113131p://05America/Chicago13 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp
reply to post by Essan

So your mind is closed then ?
As I said in my OP no amount of evidence will change some minds ?
New engines ?
C'mon Essen open your mind back up I credit you with more intelligence than that my friend ?

Peace
edit on 113131p://05America/Chicago13 by ProRipp because: (no reason given)

Thats the problem, there is not evidence. And when chemtrailers proclaim their evidence and especially their "smoking gun", its often totally not what they say it is.

Yes, would you like to see a photo of a Boeing 707 flying next to a Airbus A340, and only one of them is making a contrail?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Do you have one ?
Oh hang on it could be photoshopped !
Have you got video ?
Oh no thats no good either it could have been tampered with !

See where I'm going with this ?
Both sides wil get nowhere fast !
Then the put downs start and it all melds into every other thread on the subject !

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProRipp

Do you have one ?
Oh hang on it could be photoshopped !
Have you got video ?
Oh no thats no good either it could have been tampered with !

See where I'm going with this ?
Both sides wil get nowhere fast !
Then the put downs start and it all melds into every other thread on the subject !

Higher bypass turbofans are more likely to make contrails, than older turbojet engines.
www.atoptics.co.uk...

Look down to the bottom part of the webpage, for an A340 flying next to a Boeing 707.
edit on 13-5-2011 by firepilot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm going to take the anti-chemtrail tact and just write off all their photos as hoaxes, ignore gradual changes over decades most of them don't even remember, claim that because I can come up with another possible explanation that it must be the real one, tell people they can't believe their lyin' eyes or memories, and demand they post 500 photos so I can still brush it all aside.

Seriously, with all the photos and videos and links posted in this thread, adding more to the pile won't convince the unconvinceable... and we have already stated that both sides do this.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot
Higher bypass turbofans are more likely to make contrails, than older turbojet engines.

I called this one! Maybe I should join one of those predictions threads. o.O

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join