It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AMAZING skylight, with 360 degree exploration. Explore the night sky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This has got to be the most amazing pictures of our night sky i have ever seen!

However, the best bit of this has got to be the 360 degree, night sky exploration option.

What do you see? This was the anthropic question of a year-long photographic project dubbed the Photopic Sky Survey, meant to reveal the entire night sky as if it rivalled the brightness of day. In it we see tens of millions of stars, the glowing factories of newborn ones, and a rich tapestry of dust all floating on a stage of unimaginable proportions. I hope you enjoy this new view of our place in the universe as much as I have enjoyed making it.

The Photopic Sky Survey is a 5,000 megapixel photograph of the entire night sky stitched together from 37,440 exposures. Large in size and scope, it portrays a world far beyond the one beneath our feet and reveals our familiar Milky Way with unfamiliar clarity. When we look upon this image, we are in fact peering back in time, as much of the light—having traveled such vast distances—predates civilization itself.

Link to the full article and site.

But like i said THIS HAS GOT TO BE TRIED.. 360 degree sky view.

I think we fail to realize sometimes the absolute massive scale of our universe.

Truely amazing.

edit on 13-5-2011 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Better than google sky any day! Thanks for posting. S+F.

Only thing that would make this better would be being able to input co-ordinates.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
WOW. This is the coolest picture I've ever seen of the night sky. Thanks for posting.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I click on the link and the screen fills with such beautiful silence and the colours of the nebulas are just incredible. One word I would use to describe it - Home

Peace

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Nice find. Reminds me of WorldWideTelescope, but more exposed.

All those stars out there to explore, and we are stuck on this blue orb having pathetic petty squabbles!

S&F from me.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
If only....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Another thing i find amazing, is the 50000 megapixel camera used!!

I thought i had a good camera, at 14 megapixels, but it just dissapears in comparison.

lol

Vvv

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Exact same thread here

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Good find,this is excellent.
Phenomenal detail of our local neighborhood.

To think that this is just a part of our galaxy is more than humbling,especially when we now know there are hundreds of billions of galaxies in the bits of the universe we can look at.

This is part of our species' blessing IMO-how many other species can look out,and learn about our place in the cosmos?

I'm off to see if I can get it to work through the big TV via PS3.
S/F

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

In Picis ..the start Formalhaut there is a dim cluster of 5 stars in the shape of almost a star that are closer then I've ever seen any start cluster...so much so that when I zoom out they appear as one...

Very interesting to know how those stars interact with each other and how life would be on a planet within that 5 star system.

I think you need to scroll down maybe first to reach the Picis Austrinis constelation.
edit on 13-5-2011 by LucidDreamer85 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Stunning and inspiring! The night sky never ceases to amaze.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Wow this is amazing

just zooming out and seeing all those stars, you have to wonder surely there must be some sort of life form out there...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Hmm,didn't work on PS3 browser,no surprise there I suppose as its an awful browser...
Worked through my bros laptop on to the big TV though and its just incredible.

Hdmi connection from laptop to TV.

Try it if you can folks,in a darkened room with nice music playing.
Maybe Beethoven.

new topics

top topics

join