It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can see us but you'll never get us to talk.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
It's a mind phuck.... It simply makes you view things from a different angle. For some people it can break them out of their programming. The OP doesn't honestly believe what he posted...lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Watched the film "They Live" by any chance?

Seriously man, thats some dangerous thinking. I don't like to do this but if you are really that disconnected from reality then I think you should see a doctor. Especially if you've been like it for 10 years.

Trust me, I have experience in this area...

ALS
edit on 13-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I think he was talking to me

I am a real human...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Gotta admit that gave me the creeps a bit reading that. Cool stuff, and definitely makes you think about things, even if a bit overly strange.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
... and what you see will override what you hear,

no matter how hard you try.

Is Seeing Believing?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I know im real because i just stubbed my toe and it was bloody painful!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
I thought the purpose of this site was to "Deny Ignorance", not encourage it.

If the OP truly feels that no other humans, including his family, are real or at least not human, what moral restriction would there be to stop him from killing them? If he is truly a prisoner and they are his captors then there would be nothing objectionable with his ending their life. In fact, it may seem to be the sensible thing to do.

Do you see where this is going? There are mental illnesses that address the type of feelings the op describes. I don't think it is appropriate to encourage any further belief in his fantasy.

Inception was just a movie...and not a very good one in my opinion.
edit on 5/13/2011 by Sparky63 because: speeling

I know I said I would have no further say in this thread.

I will no longer engage in the original banter, because that part is over.I have gotten the information I need and now I shall continue.

Why were your first thoughts about killing? Why would one who has such feelings be labelled as one who could possibly kill because of them?

That is ignorance right there.

Why do you view such a situation as being Captor versus Captive?

By your very thought process, doesn't religion of all types deserve to be classed as a Mental Illness? If so, we should not continue to encourage them.Is one's personal belief system a mental illness because you find it absurd?

The world was once thought to be flat, you know.

As for Inception, it was a piece of rubbish.

Thank you for your ignorance.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Watched the film "They Live" by any chance?

Seriously man, thats some dangerous thinking. I don't like to do this but if you are really that disconnected from reality then I think you should see a doctor. Especially if you've been like it for 10 years.

Trust me, I have experience in this area...

ALS
edit on 13-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Never seen the movie, but I just read about it on Wikipaedia.

Thanks for the tip.

I'll watch it for laughs.

As for your worries, don't you mind. I'm not on the verge of a psychological breakdown.

I function in society just fine.

Just like they tell us to.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I just made you read this comment and waste precious seconds of your life.

Or did I?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Wheather other humans are real or not is not the point everyone is born with the knowledge of right and wrong in terms of killing people. As long as some one is truely not messed up in the head they should be able to think as the op state because we know what is right and wrong, and to go on even further when you do something wrong it should hurt you unless there is something wrong with your mind. so there should be many checks and balances to keep one from killing something even if imaginary.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Why were your first thoughts about killing? Why would one who has such feelings be labelled as one who could possibly kill because of them?

Remember Jared Lee Loughner?...former member of ATS that babbled on about nonsense and seemed immersed in his own private reality? Once again...mental illness is not to be taken lightly.

I inferred this from the first line of your post:

I am proposing that you, not I, nor anybody else in your life, are engaged in an Alien experiment.

By your very thought process, doesn't religion of all types deserve to be classed as a Mental Illness?

No, Religion does not relegate every other human on the planet as an alien, and possible enemy.

Is one's personal belief system a mental illness because you find it absurd?

No, it may be a mental illness though if your perception is not based on reality.

Patterns of belief, language use and perception can become disordered (e.g. delusions, thought disorder, hallucinations). Psychotic disorders in this domain include schizophrenia, and delusional disorder. Schizoaffective disorder is a category used for individuals showing aspects of both schizophrenia and affective disorders.

en.wikipedia.org...

Only by those who refused to see the clear evidence that it was spherical. Simply looking at ships that disappear over the horizon, only to return later, was all the evidence one needed.

We are in agreement! There is still hope for you.
Enjoy this thread...I don't want to be a buzzkill. I just think it is wrong to enable someone with delusional beliefs in reality, to continue in their beliefs.

It is one thing to discuss such things as thought experiments, or for entertainment reasons, but to actually believe this for a number of years is quite different and medical treatment should be sought.

edit on 5/13/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

it's funny I'm still waiting to meet real people, because right now I am surrounded only by actor playing life ... when it comes to making real decisions, there is no one ... is probably inked deep into their program.

I'm an anthropologist, I look, I do experience ...
edit on 13-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

Remember Jared Lee Loughner?...former member of ATS that babbled on about nonsense and seemed immersed in his own private reality? Once again...mental illness is not to be taken lightly.

I inferred this from the first line of your post:

I am proposing that you, not I, nor anybody else in your life, are engaged in an Alien experiment.

By your very thought process, doesn't religion of all types deserve to be classed as a Mental Illness?

No, Religion does not relegate every other human on the planet as an alien, and possible enemy.

Is one's personal belief system a mental illness because you find it absurd?

No, it may be a mental illness though if your perception is not based on reality.

Patterns of belief, language use and perception can become disordered (e.g. delusions, thought disorder, hallucinations). Psychotic disorders in this domain include schizophrenia, and delusional disorder. Schizoaffective disorder is a category used for individuals showing aspects of both schizophrenia and affective disorders.

en.wikipedia.org...

Only by those who refused to see the clear evidence that it was spherical. Simply looking at ships that disappear over the horizon, only to return later, was all the evidence one needed.

We are in agreement! There is still hope for you.
Enjoy this thread...I don't want to be a buzzkill. I just think it is wrong to enable someone with delusional beliefs in reality, to continue in their beliefs.

It is one thing to discuss such things as thought experiments, or for entertainment reasons, but to actually believe this for a number of years is quite different and medical treatment should be sought.

edit on 5/13/2011 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/13/2011 by Sparky63 because: added comment

I'm not about to go and take some drugs and shoot a whole bunch of people. That's what weak people do.

Religion doesn't say that everybody is an Alien, no, but one religion tells us that there is a magical place in the sky called heaven where an invisible god lives that has a son who is a zombie.

As for having a mental disorder, the only thing I have is Epilepsy, so my brain has been thoroughly tested. If I was a mental case I would know about it.

You speak as if the majority of the world once knew that the Earth was spherical. No, once upon a time Humans believed that the Earth was flat, that it was a dream and that it was a book. I believe that it is something different. It was only a short while ago that it became common knowledge that the Earth was a sphere. Before that everybody was ignorant to the truth, if the truth is really the truth.

Some people call knowledge truth, but until the truth is proven to be false it is called ignorance.

Deny ignorance even having a place in your vocabulary and live by your own rules and theories, it's the only thing you have that's yours.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The light loved so strongly it bent the light back into itself and could "now" see itself. When the light stared at itself, it began to see things. When the light saw things, it began interacting with these things, but they reacted in exactly the same way, and thus carried no meaning for itself. When the light gave portions of itself the ability to not bend back into itself, it now had reason to experience that which did bend back into itself more intensely relative to that which "abandoned" it, even though the reason it gave the ability to "abandon" it was because it loved that portion too. Now the light had meaning... and could experience the portions that had abandoned it eventually returning to it... and those turning to it eventually abandoning it... forever.

I love you too!

Namaste.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Regardless of who is human, alien, or just AI, there is something that occurred to many people this past Fall around October/November. I myself recognized it almost immediately, so perhaps the OP can elaborate as to why all of our "knowns have become unknown"? Did someone hit reset and suddenly we find ourselves in another generic episode of the program, a re-run perhaps? I know I am not the only one that knows something changed!

Those who were cordial are rude, those that are kind are cruel! Anything of simplicity seems jumbled about by the complexities that surround it. The Weather is ridiculously off! MSM has regurgitated so much at us we are covered in fractals of "what we should or should not believe".

What I am asking or saying is; who is really trapped in this place? Not the real human! Humans can escape unlike all those "actor/aliens/demons" who have to keep playing the game for fear the next human escapes without giving "You Guys" the secret. We hold the key!

So keep trying to push "we are in control" when in fact you control only your own Prison, and the time is running short!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

There is no one.
Take away all thought and what is left?
No-things.
Just this.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
What I am asking or saying is; who is really trapped in this place? Not the real human! Humans can escape unlike all those "actor/aliens/demons" who have to keep playing the game for fear the next human escapes without giving "You Guys" the secret. We hold the key!

I like to run with it this way:

The original imaginer... staring into and contemplating itself imagines whatever is possible. These entities which are imagined depend upon the imaginer continuing to imagine them (this is the old keep the dreamer asleep concept). If it chooses to "watch another show", all of the imagined disappear.

Now in order to have an engaging show, the imaginer grants the imagined the ability to behave in ways that the imaginer doesn't know. This is a willful choice by the imaginer and at any time the imaginer could tear down that veil... but chooses not to because the experience of interacting with others in unexpected ways carries a great deal of meaning across all possible experiences.

The imagined reach a point of realizing they can manipulate the imaginer and thus try to manipulate an experience that keeps the imagined "alive" forever... because they can't do that themselves... only the imaginer can be given the idea of keeping them alive and not changing the "program". Even though it's all the imaginer, the imaginer has forgotten it is the one manipulating itself... by choice. The imaginer imagined others who would try to convince it that it depends upon them for "survival". Will the imaginer be convinced of this forever, or did it also imagine others who would eventually help it wake up, or program an "alarm" event into the current program? Nobody but the imaginer knows for sure, and it forgot!

Thus the paradox of the controllers not really being the controllers, but needing to do EVERYTHING within their ability to give the illusion of control over the imaginer in order to keep their program alive. This is the eternal cycle of experience being had by the imaginer. This would mean that there is only one imaginer, however the imaginer imagined an infinite number of other imaginers to imagine with it and create along with it... along with the imagination of forgetting it was imagining.

Namaste!

edit on 13-5-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I like to look at more of a quantum physics aproch. I am the observers I effect things and how they flow.

but looking at things from real human vs fake human (I orginally did not see this in the op's post I saw it as one human, yourself, interacting with yourself as other humans). but any ways If there were fake humans they would be the ones that you can predict and know what they are thinking. I know people that I talk to for hours a day and I know what they are going to say but thats because I spend so much time with them. The people I'm talking about are the ones that you don't know as well and I can tell them word for word what they are about to tell me because there awnser is obvious and deathly boring.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Lol u guys r funny. Actually the voices inside your heads r mine. Is everything I requested ready. Lol I guess I already new that . Do what I have asked and we will get this party started. Go pick up my wife well u know the rest...this is the moment we've all been waiting four is it not. wILL IAM. You've done well so far let the pol know.
I hate correcting spelling mistakes lol.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
there are only you and your ability to move beyond, if i tell you behind the door there is a monster ... rare are those who are going to open it... everything else is pure specualtion ...
life is a farce, a real joke ... you may laugh or cry, say what you want about reality, but here you are in the final as everyone striking your reality to another reality. the real people remain silent because they know that their words will not change anything in this show we call life ... real people don't show themself because they are just watching.

the words have meaning only if there is an ear to listen or eyes to read it and this is part of the show.

edit on 13-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join