It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima reactor melts down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Fukushima reactor melts down

TEPCO has now publicly admitted it wasn't telling the truth about the severity of the damage to Fukushima reactor No. 1. We're now being told what we've suspected all along -- that nuclear fuel rods in that reactor are totally exposed and have suffered a nuclear meltdown, releasing vast amounts of radiation comparable to Chernobyl.

Source: www.westender.com.au...

Related:
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.reuters.com...

Mod Edit:Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thread # 900, first one I read and nothing by way of opinion, just a link.

Love it.

So we're all dead? Or we're all safe?

YOU DO THE WORK, IT'S YOUR THREAD!! 8]

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Well this sucks. I don't have much to say other then to express my anger at the complete incompetence shown in this disaster. I wish the Japanese people only the best and hope things, somehow will turn out alright.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Care to give your thoughts and opinions on this instead of a small snippet and links?

You are suppose to contribute more than just this..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Well this sucks. I don't have much to say other then to express my anger at the complete incompetence shown in this disaster. I wish the Japanese people only the best and hope things, somehow will turn out alright.

Why what happened that you can put in a 3 second statement?

coz im not going to a website just to get teh same [SNIP] every time someone makes a new thread.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Hang on, first we were talking about spent fuel rods melting down, sitting in the bottom of the pool being cooled, cracks probably leaking out the water. Then a short time later Tepco admits the molten spent fuel rod blob has probably breached the containment and is in the soil below. According to Arnie Gundersen's update:
1. NOW we have Reactor 1 nuclear core uncovered, significant fuel rod damage, and the core is bone dry. And the core has probably melted through the reactor and is sitting on the bottom of the containment.
2. Reactor 3 has high temerature at the top of the reactor and low pressure, meaning water can't exist in that environment. Hmmm, reactor 3 dry???It's a gaseous air environment and is subject to hydrogen explosion.
3. Area school children outside the exclusion zone are receiving adult occupational radiation doses.
4. And the American Nuclear Regulatory Commission said its impossible for a nuclear containment to leak, and the advisory commitee and reactor safeguards in October of last year they specifically stated they assumed zero probability of containment leakage. Obviously this is wrong, and it affects lots of regulations on operating plants, as well as the new Westington house type reactor attempting to gain licensing.
5. Experts have shown the site has sunk about a foot, meaning the concrete foundations have had to have cracked, leaking radiation into the ground water.

Way to go Tepco, keep leaking the nasty news long after the events have unfolded....
Here is the updated coverage from Arnie Gundersen, nuclear physicist, three-mile island whistleblower - I always look forward to his updates.
vimeo.com...

edit on 13-5-2011 by RoyalBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
All my friends said I was "crazy and read too many conspiracy sites" when I said that there was probably/going to be a meltdown

Time to do some face rubbing.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
All my friends said I was "crazy and read too many conspiracy sites" when I said that there was probably/going to be a meltdown

Time to do some face rubbing.

Oh that sounds like fun! Wish I could be there, I am so fed up with the nasty nay-sayers I have run across since this whole thing started, believing everything the sheeple were fed....now the facts are "official".....wish I could find them (nay-sayers) now...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RoyalBlue

I like hearing it from my friends because I know I'll be seeing them again

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I knew this was going to happen all a long
I'll tell my dad about this, he said that it would never happen, they are in control. I hope it will help him not be s stubborn about things like this

Uhm I usually go to this website transport.nilu.no...
to monitor the radiation levels, always has an active plume map thats constantly updated.
It now "doesn't exist" apparantly
edit on 14-5-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadwalkk
I knew this was going to happen all a long
I'll tell my dad about this, he said that it would never happen, they are in control. I hope it will help him not be s stubborn about things like this

Uhm I usually go to this website transport.nilu.no...
to monitor the radiation levels, always has an active plume map thats constantly updated.
It now "doesn't exist" apparantly
edit on 14-5-2011 by thedeadwalkk because: (no reason given)

of course it doesnt exist anymore, its not like the ones running things actually want us to be well informed and aware of the potential health risks we may be soon experiencing, hell, you almost sound as though you expected them to have our best interests at heart, of course not, haven't you learned, there best interest is never people, its always money/power/control
edit on 5/14/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The Reuters story is the most matter-of-fact. And it is dated 12 May.

There has been a lot of speculation about why the downplay of this in the US. I don't think anyone knows for sure. Just like the opacity on many other subjects. Best we can do is guess about why.

I for one appreciate those who are monitoring the press in other countries and leaving links here when it seems significant. The only MSM that I'm getting anything interesting and possibly true via are BBC's Asian websites, and the links I find on ATS.

Is there anyone out there who really knows what's going on in the US who is willing to post what they know on this site?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I wonder if this is why so many people on the west coast are sick right now.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
already made a thread about this its in my sig.
2nd

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
All of their nuclear reactors are melting down @.@

top topics

join