It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ties with Libya rebels strengthened....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Ties with Libya rebels strengthened....

www.independent.co.uk

Britain today strengthened ties with Libyan rebel leaders and promised to increase military action against the regime of Muammar Gaddafi as fighting in the strife-torn country intensified.

Prime Minister David Cameron announced he had invited the rebels to establish a formal office in London.

He made the offer after holding talks with Mustafa Abdul Jalil, chairman of the Interim National Transitional Council, in Downing Street.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I hope this meets the criteria for BN.

So UK's Cameron has invited Libyan rebels to open a formal office in London....

The US has said that Al Qaeda are most probably amonst the rebels. In any event we do not know who exactly the rebels are, or what they really want to impose on the people of Libya.

There was me thinking we were there for one reason.. to impose a no fly zone..

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
This is suggesting in its own way that ground troops will be deployed to positions secured by the rebels, therefore if nato ground forces are hit by Libyan forces who attack forward advancing units in and are forced to withdraw to secure locations occupied by nato forces will allow the the green light to vacuum the rest of Libyan forces with official nato forces and they wont be peace keeping forces but the real deal.

This is going to get nasty real fast.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Its makes me sick how cameron rushed into this to side with the rebels , So now the west has taken sides what happens when rebels make moves on gaddafi held areas with heavey artillery will NATO strike ?? course not the west want the oil and smug lying twat cameron was watching BP massive $20billion investment in libya.
I have seen no evidence yet that gadaffi is slaughtering his own people YET syria i have seen bodys stacked .

Typical west invading another sovereign country loaded with oil
edit on 13-5-2011 by TREASONFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"No Fly Zone"

We should be working towards peace in Libya, not encouraging all out war.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Al-Qaeda were always allies - they help America in all phony wars nowadays regardless of which side its non-existent members are on. In any case the US govt may as well tell us that Ahmedinejad is a great guy and it won't raise many eyebrows. People buy any crap coming out of the whorehouse nowadays.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Kalki2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join