It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preaching to the Choir about Sheep. On ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I've just been going on and on with the rant sections and the off topic area in general hehe. I've realized it too and started posting in some forums and well i keep seeing it over and over again.

"We need to wake up"

That is seriously really bothersome.
I see ATS this way:
When you decide to join a forum that covers alternative news, conspiracy theory's, ufo's ect. I feel as though you are signing a contract with yourself that you enjoy listening/reading about stuff that aren't what sheep should read. Well if i signed this contract, and you did too why are you telling me to wake up, if hey hi we're in the same room ie CHOIR.
There's this frustration in the air that also gets to people. They seem to NEED to tell us that WE ARE BLIND. Or that we're being lied to, but also tell us we can't see it because maybe.. he/she is obviously superior than us in knowledge? Don't tell me to wake up. You know what, the only reason we are supposed to wake up is to move the country FORWARD. (Country i mean USA, just generally speaking)

So you telling me to wake up or that i'm blind isn't doing much. How about doing something that would be productive. Or rather when you want to express yourself you can say something more like... I wish we could do something about it. Instead of saying something more like.. Ugh we're so ignorant, well other than me because when i say we're ignorant i exclude myself and i'm helping the situation out by saying you are all ignorant.

I really don't know if that made sense, it should but if someone doesn't speak English very well might not exactly understand what i mean. Just annoying to see all these enlightened people on ATS trying to enlighten us by interpreting information they read from the same source we read, and saying that we are the ignorant ones, when they them selfs understand the information much better than we do.

On a side note, ATS god, i hope you don't mind me using and or abusing your Rant/Off topic section. I feel like a washed out journalist that has this area for his last hope LOL. I wonder what you guys think, i KNOW you've seen it before.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
So you telling me to wake up or that i'm blind isn't doing much. How about doing something that would be productive. Or rather when you want to express yourself you can say something more like... I wish we could do something about it. Instead of saying something more like.. Ugh we're so ignorant, well other than me because when i say we're ignorant i exclude myself and i'm helping the situation out by saying you are all ignorant.

Lol i just re read this whole thing, That is a funny quote mister me.

Good night all, hope i have a reply or two when i wake up!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The sheeple will only wake up when they are repeatedly told about the issues and offered some evidence. Is offering evidence and sharing knowledge not part of an awakened man's actions? Its the first step towards establishing a better world.

The Sheep listens to no one but him/herself. So one needs to re-condition his/her mind into believing that reality is different. When you mean action, individuals hold only a small part of power or has no power to do something. But when it becomes a big organized group, the fear dissipitates. Thats what you saw in Libya, Egypt..individuals woke up the sheeps through internet- the initial setup of a free and trusted society. But the hole in countries like U.S is too deep to fix. Thats why you see people in sites like ATS suggesting the sheep to see the light. Thats part of action too though its only minor.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Once you finish patting yourself on the back for something that wasn't funny or worth reading, I'd like to point out to you that this type of useless post is the real tragedy. Massaging one's own ego, then fishing for replies. Hrm. Well, you got one from me. I hope it was all you'd hoped for.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by radkrish
The sheeple will only wake up when they are repeatedly told about the issues and offered some evidence. Is offering evidence and sharing knowledge not part of an awakened man's actions? Its the first step towards establishing a better world.

The Sheep listens to no one but him/herself. So one needs to re-condition his/her mind into believing that reality is different. When you mean action, individuals hold only a small part of power or has no power to do something. But when it becomes a big organized group, the fear dissipitates. Thats what you saw in Libya, Egypt..individuals woke up the sheeps through internet- the initial setup of a free and trusted society. But the hole in countries like U.S is too deep to fix. Thats why you see people in sites like ATS suggesting the sheep to see the light. Thats part of action too though its only minor.

I wish you ATSers would dump the whole "sheeple" "sheep" and "wake up" phrases from your vocabulary. Unless you guys are doing more than just coming online and spouting off at the mouth, we are ALL sheep. You guys complain, complain, and complain yet nothing changes. Why? Because you are all looking to be led, not to lead.

The people in Libya were happy if you note all the benefits they received. Egypt had been protesting for a VERY long time with no one in the West caring. The only reason that protest happened is because those in the West wanted to happen. Same with Iraq.

Revolutions are much different than they used to be. The Iranian revolution has yet to be topped and probably won't.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg
Once you finish patting yourself on the back for something that wasn't funny or worth reading, I'd like to point out to you that this type of useless post is the real tragedy. Massaging one's own ego, then fishing for replies. Hrm. Well, you got one from me. I hope it was all you'd hoped for.

I don't think the OP's post is useless at all, I agree that it is too often that some ATS members call other members sheep and sheeple, telling them to 'wake up', etc, as if they were privy to some hidden knowledge that 90% of the ATS community were blind to. It just sounds egotistical, and can also come across as ignorant.

A case in point: in another thread, a member was making accusations, and when I asked him if he could provide proof, he told me that he wouldn't, and that I should find it myself. He was making extraordinary claims without providing a shred of evidence, and acting as if he knew more on the topic than anybody else.

Also, you sound terribly defensive. Did the OP strike a nerve?
edit on 13/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

A person who is not willing to see the light for himself can be called sheeple. Not everyone here is a sheeple

And if people need proof, they have to go and get it. Thats what ATS is for. Most of the members are just tired of providing proof over and over again. But still some aren't willing to listen.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg

It was me expressing myself on a late night. Don't know what's the taboo on a double post if there's two bodies of text. I could have added it into my OP however i really didn't feel like it and i wasn't murdering anyone. I wasn't answering my own ego. I was creating conversation with others. Not sure what brought on this rude post but it's not insulting so i guess you're okay with it.

Point of op wasn't for me to claim "Hey everyone i'm not a sheep. I'm an awaken individual, and everything that i'm posting contradicts what i mean" Nope. I know how this can sound

Ugh we're so ignorant, well other than me because when i say we're ignorant i exclude myself and i'm helping the situation out by saying you are all ignorant.

Along with what i did, but it's not what i meant. Really. It's a rant section and i was expressing myself. It bothered me and i wrote a little tid bit and i've seen discussion go on with much less and more stupidity.
Oh and it wasn't ment to be a softener, but it was a bit late and night and i was damn tired. Although with more thought now i really don't see how you could come across in such a tone to me, as if i did something personal to you.

reply to post by DevilJin

I like the way you put it. There's a complaining aspect, but nobody that's the initiative. Therefore they want to be led. Viva La Revolution won't happen if everyone is just sitting all grumpy like

reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Hehe, that leads me to my other rant thread xD
I really hope that joker get's on that thread and also insult me as though i was below him on the food chain :|
Anyway's check it out maybeh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It just sounds egotistical, and can also come across as ignorant.

I think this is really the root cause of angry or rather why i chose to rant about it. A person with a high ego telling people to be enlightened isn't really my cup of tea to read.

EDIT TO ADD:
Really this is just a news discussion forum. What kind of discussion is going on when someone tell's me to wake up when we both read the same article? Apparently he/she understands the article much better than me or someone else so they tell us to wake up.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join