It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introductions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Hello ATS,

well, i'm fresh from my confirmation email, and as you can tell by my name, i'm here to talk about the spooky stuff. I have some neat stories to share and i'm looking forward to talking with other people who are intrigued by the idea of ghosts.

Cheers,

-OH

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccasionallyHaunted
i'm here to talk about the spooky stuff.

Cool, I'll be looking forward to reading your posts.

Welcome

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

Thanks!

All i really have are personal experiences that i've never really been able to explain. (like how many other million people on the internet, am i right?) but, truthfully, i'm full of cynicism by nature.

How many friends have you had that had "creepy" things happen to them, only for it to turn out to be the wind howling, or a loose hinge on that "old haunted door"? things like that, i'm always scoffing at because to me, it's small time. Even if it was genuine, it's so easily explained and seems to happen at night- which, if you're tired, everything seems scarier.

Unlike a lot of people, I've actually lived in a funeral home, on a graveyard site, and have been working with the dead & dying since a small child. I literally, had dead people in my closet growing up. (unclaimed ashes)

So why did nothing really happen to me, you would think?

That's why i'm coming to this board, because the stuff that has happened, yes, i have no proof, but i have no way to explain it either. Here's to hoping i can chat with people who are level-headed and as cynical as i (and maybe, occasionally haunted like me, too!) !

-OH

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OccasionallyHaunted

Well, a little advice... get ready to hear "Pics or it didn't happen". That's how it usually goes around here, but you'll also find a lot of people with similar stories and they'll help you find an explanation, if there is one.

Also, this:

I literally, had dead people in my closet growing up.

scared me until I read they were unclaimed ashes

One more thing, another new member asked for 5 tips that would help him with this forum and these were mine, maybe they'll help you too:

1) Be prepared to find out things that are going to change the way you view the world.

2) Do not automatically believe everything you read here. Research and form your own opinion.

3) Before posting a thread use the search function and see if there's one already. Also, try to put a lot of info, you don't want to start a thread with only a few sentences. Remember to check if it hasn't been exposed as a hoax first.

4) Be polite. Remember most members are here for the same reason as you, to find the truth.

5) Do not feed the trolls. If you see someone who is disrupting a thread, insulting other members or just trying to create chaos for fun, report them. The mods will take care of them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the advice!

This isn't my first forum, I'm pretty aware of the Troll Culture, but i'm hoping members here will stay true to what got me to sign up: the slogan "deny ignorance" & that awesome picture of everyone sitting around and asking people to keep it civil.

I really am looking forward to getting started, so, forgive my wordiness as i try to rack up my 20 posts so i can get to know the people who "haunt" the paranormal threads.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
You will totally enjoy your stay on this site, its one amazing place, isnt it!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Hello ATS,

well, i'm fresh from my confirmation email, and as you can tell by my name, i'm here to talk about the spooky stuff. I have some neat stories to share and i'm looking forward to talking with other people who are intrigued by the idea of ghosts.

Cheers,

-OH

Welcome to ATS sounds like you'll fit right in on the paranormal forum ... pretty sure we'll be bumping into each other over there ... enjoy.

Woody

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Seems like you have faith in higher powers. So do I.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

HI,

Welcome to ATS. I have been on here for many years but have not posted too much, more of a reader and occassional poster. The time has come due to evrything that seems to be happening almost everyday now, that I am going to voice my opinions.....I hope you do the same too?

I love the whole ghost thing but it freaks me out lol

Good luck and welcome to an amazing website

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Hi everyone> I am delighted to find this wonderful forum and a place where I can speak freely without fear of persecution or trolls. However if I post something ridiculous I expect to be torn to pieces, which is nice as well. I am 23 years of age, I have a lot of interests. I am married, have 3 cats and I have a wide range of hobbies, talents, and interests. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 200 LBS not that that matters I just wanted to give you folks the visual that I am not your stereotypical forum poster. I also have red hair and blue eyes.

One of those talents and hobbies being discussion among peers about various topics. I research a lot of topics and consider myself to be spiritual and in touch with other things that are normally frowned upon. I will be blunt, I do have "visions", and other things that alter my way of thinking to a more realistic perspective rather than the one perpetuated by stereotypes and government standards.

I do not have cable television as I deem it to be a waste of time. I also participate in various sporting events and activities that require deep analyzation and discussion. I am proud to have discovered this haven of unique opinions and freedom of expression. I thank you all for the opportunity to share opinions and be part of a constructive discussion board.

Sincerely

DragonRain

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Hi OccasionallyHaunted, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

top topics

join