It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something We Avoid Talking About. Those We Have To Leave Behind.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We are currently discussing who will be left behind and their fates.

This helped some.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I'm glad you posted this topic - it's one I think of quite often. I'm going to be left behind. Or, rather, I'm going to leave when they bug-in as that's what we've prepared for. I was born with chronic illnesses that require daily, even hourly treatments. I can stockpile my drugs in small amounts, but more than a half-year's worth is impossible because some are perishable and others are closely controlled. I anticipate that my family will try to change my mind, but it doesn't make sense for them to suffer thru my death. This knowledge hasn't stopped me from making sure everyone else is prepared; every year I grow a garden and every year I can or dry more and more fruits, veg, and herbs. Luckily, I was gifted with a dark sense of humor - I think the possibilities of what's going to happen to all of you when SHTF in whatever various capacity - are extremely interesting and, let's face it, people in strenuous situations do funny things.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sorry for my simple english. I hope you understand, i still learn the language.

Do not tell people that you are preparing yourself for what is coming, especially if they will not prepare themselves, because they will remember you when they are in trouble.

I read this in a mini survival article.

What do you think about this?

Before you tell someone about your survival plans do you think about if he/she is "eligible" for this?

And how do you start a conversation with your family memebers? Especially with the older ones (50+).

If you live with your parents and you are prepared but they dont want to do anything, would you stay there because thats what a boy should do: to defend his parents? Or you leave because you know it has no sense because you will die within hours/days?

Honor or life?

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a tread I started a while back and it hits on the same type of points....it will be tough for some people to make those choices and be able to live with themselves after they see what the outcome of there choice is....

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Grief will be one of the worst emotions to try to survive through...hard to do anything with tears in your eyes, it compromises just about everything

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The thing is that I have already left them behind. I have slowly moved away from those that have rejected me and scorned me; friends and family alike.

The only true survivors are those who believe and thrive to survive!

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
The thing is that I have already left them behind. I have slowly moved away from those that have rejected me and scorned me; friends and family alike.

The only true survivors are those who believe and thrive to survive!

Me too. Leaving the extra baggage behind is .......a freakin breath of fresh air

Everyone always says the group is 'required'. No thats a ruse to drag along snot nosed kids and women who have no skills so the rest of the group can get ran into the ground trying to keep them all alive.

Solo is simple. Do or die. No one to answer to or for but you.

The key is cutting your liabilities way in advance. People who reject you are nothing in this game plan.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join