It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Like it or not, George Bush is the figurehead of America and as such, some people in other countries may think of America as solely based on George Bush's views. Americans can be guilty of doing the same to other countries.

How many people boycotting French products, have directed their anger at the "French", that is, the people of France, instead of at the French leaders' politics. It's inevitable, because the two are linked.
And yet, they are completely seperate.
Just as an American citizen is seperate from George Bush, but both are America.

To these people I say,
Think, therefore of the French as those people in France who live normal lives, work normal jobs, read the paper, surf the net, have opinions on world events - think of those people as seperate from their leaders.
Realise that they may be for eliminating Saddam, and that they may agree with everything that George Bush says. They would be supporting the war, if only that was their choice to make.

Than ask yourself if your voice is so loud, that maybe you can't hear what they're saying.

Supporting the war is one thing, stereotyping millions of people because they (might) have different beliefs than you is what starts wars.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Thank you for your clairvoyance in this matter. I feel the same way you do, I just wasn't able to express myself in that reasonable manner.

I think that the whole thing can be blaimed on the R-Complex or the reptillian complex. The R-complex is the overt overload of certain character traits within the human mind. These traits include behaviors exibiting these common characteristics, terrortoriality, ritualism, aggressive behavior, and the establisment of social hierarchies. If you look around, you will see many people out there with these traits. Just look and see for yourself.

If you think about it, the reason we can't get along with our brethren is because our world is ruled by men who act like animals.

posted on Mar, 26 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abraham Virtue
Thank you for your clairvoyance in this matter. I feel the same way you do, I just wasn't able to express myself in that reasonable manner.

Thank you
Conversation is about sharing your point of view, not trying to get people to agree with you.
It is possible to be understood and accepted without being agreed with.
I don't claim to be right. Others cannot be wrong.

I will say that if you have strong beliefs, make sure that they are your own and not the words of someone else.

Recognize the difference between fact:
US troops are fighting in Iraq

...and opinion:
US troops are meeting strong resistance in Southern Iraq.

What's 'strong resistance'?
Whose idea of 'strong resistance'?
Is it the same as what you consider 'strong resistance'? How could you know?

If you think about it, the reason we can't get along with our brethren is because our world is ruled by men who act like animals.

Non-leaders are guilty of this, too. No?

join