It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Facing 6 Years for Videotaping Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Orlando Copwatch founder John Kurtz, Facing 6 Years in Prison for Videotaping Police

Was going to post in Breaking Alternative news but it was over 48 hours old so.

I don't think this has been covered yet; when I saw this I was truly shocked. I saw the video recording of what happened actually, a little while back and everybody was enraged about it then. I was stunned as well. Now that he's facing up to 6 years in prison, and also "lost" the vital piece of evidence proving him innocent, I really hope people go up in arms about it. There were even multiple witnesses to state John Kurtz' innocence and they simply ignored the fact. Once you read about the cops background/record of arrest it'll become even more clear. This is pure disgusting corruption right here.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
citizens should be forming into mobs over things like this...form a strong mob and you can bring justice to anyone who deserves it, and no amount fascists with badges can stop you...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Just to clarify this here, the thread title "sentenced to 6 years" is wrong.

The trial is still a few days away, May 16th.

If justice prevails here, he wont get the maximum sentence and the judge will severely castigate the officer and procedures. Mostly, I think the fact that the biggest piece of evidence went "missing" should be enough to have it thrown out, but thats just my opinion.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Thanks for noting that. Changed.

Second Line

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Agreed, how can they prosecute with no evidence?
They owe Kurtz a video camera and 7 days.
Anything less wouldn't be justice.

new topics

top topics

join