It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombing in northwest Pakistan kills five - police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Bombing in northwest Pakistan kills five - police

www.reuters.com

A suicide bomber on a motorcycle killed at least 69 people at a paramilitary force academy in northwest Pakistan on Friday, in what Pakistani Taliban militants said was retaliation for the U.S. raid that killed Osama bin Laden in the country.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
english.aljazeera.net
edit on 13/5/11 by argentus because: change headline to reflect that of source

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This is news breaking on every major news outlet. ATS members are wondering if there will be a false flag of sorts, well this could be an event that could help set one up. It could be the start of something bigger, as at this stage, the retalitory efforts are confined in Pakistan, assuming this is indeed retaliation from the taliban. Will post some further links.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
ya, just saw that.

pakistan is not a good place to be now, or ever, imo.

did they get team 6? naw, just some innocent people like they always do.

can't wait to hear how it was our fault.

(from other posters)
edit on 13-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I'm at work so don't know what is happening in television, but as I type right now, CNN online website hasn't breaked this news , which I think will be big news for a few days.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This on J Post.....

Taliban takes revenge: At least 69 die in Pakistan blast

Double suicide bombings hit recruits as they leave paramilitary academy in northwest of country; al-Qaida-allied group warns: "It's the first revenge for the martyrdom of ... bin Laden. There will be more."

www.jpost.com...
edit on 13-5-2011 by surrealist because: formatting

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Killing your own people while blaming them of collaboration with the enemy is a really nasty bit of psychology..

*shakes head at the depths humanity sinks to*

ETA the BBC reports it as twin bomb attack killing 73 and has a vid of the aftermath
(which I have to admit I have not watched)
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 13/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Oh Bother, Just waiting for these to start getting reported

And The Watch Commences

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
fox says 80 now.

nice.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Thats a lot of people. Damn. OMG its bad. Verrry very bad. I thought terrorism was going to be over with capture of OBL.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well I guess they're not making any sense anymore whatsoever. Because pakistan was supposedly hiding OBL and so they retaliate upon the people who by extension was helping them. Hmmm what retards. They're pissed at us so they attack citizens that are pissed at us too? The point being: They haven't a clue what they are doing.Just gonna blow themselves up until there's no one willing to blow them self up. What masterminds! (sarcasm)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
this is just the beginning wheres my popcorn emoticon when i need it

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Thats a lot of people. Damn. OMG its bad. Verrry very bad. I thought terrorism was going to be over with capture of OBL.

You have got to be joking, all the time we are in Afghanistan Iraq Libya and soon to be in Syria it will go on and on.Terrorism unfortunately will never end , the cause may change but now the genie is out of the bottle. Edit to add Note the date Friday the 13th.
edit on 13-5-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Just reminded me, to be honest I didn't take the Taliban's threats too seriously when they announced they would seek retaliation. Well this event has just changed my mind on that, given the rather quick response since the death of OBL. If they can plan and coordinate this many deaths in this timeframe, I think with more time to plan and coordinate, there will be potentially much bigger attacks in the future. This should be sending alarm bells around the world imo.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

That is what everyone was supposed to believe. LOL

It seems pretty sick. It is obvious someone somewhere in Pakistan was protecting Bin Laden. So in revenge for US lead action they bomb... Pakistan!! Brilliant reasoning, and we are suppoesd to believe that too!?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Doesn't really make sense does it
Revenge against Pakistan for what?

"Also, the Pakistani army has failed to protect its land," Ehsan later told The Associated Press.

For failing to provide safe harbor for OBL? For turning him in? For what?

I hate when things don't make sense. If this was a false flag, what do they want as a result? For Pakistan to get more embroiled in the fight? To use this as an excuse to for more attacks withing Pakistan?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Expect more in other countries. Religious zealotry has no known boundaries.

/TOA

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

Sorry - are you talking about the Muslim zealots or the Christian ones?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Since Obama basically owned the raid that took out UBL, I wonder when Obama is going to take responsibility for these deaths.
*hold my breathe*
*turning rather blue-ish*
*passing out*

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

Sorry - are you talking about the Muslim zealots or the Christian ones?

How about you pick one and give us recent examples.

/TOA
edit on 13-5-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Doesn't really make sense does it
Revenge against Pakistan for what?

"Also, the Pakistani army has failed to protect its land," Ehsan later told The Associated Press.

For failing to provide safe harbor for OBL? For turning him in? For what?

I hate when things don't make sense. If this was a false flag, what do they want as a result? For Pakistan to get more embroiled in the fight? To use this as an excuse to for more attacks withing Pakistan?

The threat from the terror groups in the region appear to have been diminishing over the last few years, but the death OBL (real or not) seems to have given them the tools to reinvigorate their terror campaign and I guess the first step would be (iIMHO) to consolidate and protect their current position, otherwise they too might face what happened to OBL.

I'm guessing they are working to a very simply premise, you (i.e a Pakistani) are either with them.. or you are with their enemy ( i.e America) and that is what these bombs say to me.. that those who are deemed with the enemy will get blown up.

Tho I might be looking to deeply into this.. *shrugs* it is hard to make sense of what I perceive as madness.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join