It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Teen Discovers Promising Cystic Fibrosis Treatment

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I am posting here since this is not a medical conspiracy (yet)

news.yahoo.com...


At his mentor's lab, Zhang used the Canadian SCINET supercomputing network to investigate how two promising new compounds acted against the defective protein responsible for the condition. Using computer simulations, he figured out how each of these drugs acted against the protein and discovered they acted on the protein in different spots, raising the possibility they could be used simultaneously without interfering with each other.


Good for this young kid, he has a bright future ahead of him. Cystic Fibrosis is a terrible condition, i had a family member die of this and it was so painful to watch him suffer up until his last days. In humans they may find that this really does not work at all, however with this kids data they should be able to use this to start with and then tweak it as they go. Hopefully there is enough data in this kids report that funding will be available and that he will be able to work with scientists while progressing towards a cure.




posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I saw this thread and had to take a peek i have Cystic Fibrosis and each year it just gets worse there is no cure but after reading this maybe there is hope so far all there are is treatments to keep us CFs going im on the lung transplant list but this looks promising probley not for me it will take years to get the funding so far CF is a death sentence ..but this will give hope to alot with this horrible condition i will talk to my Dr about this and print off the article to show him and thanks so much for the post S&F



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


I am truely sorry to hear you have this horrible disease. I think your dr will be quite interested in this article. I beleive this is the most promising study to date on this disease that will eventually lead to a cure. Hang in there and be strong my friend.



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979
 


Thanks
I think all us CFs are strong we dont look for pity we just look for a cure and i hope it happens someday and yes im sure my dr will find this very interisting and thanks again



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
sugarcookie1... I hope that works out for you...

It sucks to hear of your condition... but prayers and positive vibes I send to you...

SnF for the thread!



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
sugarcookie1... I hope that works out for you...

It sucks to hear of your condition... but prayers and positive vibes I send to you...

SnF for the thread!


Thank you for the prayers and positive vibes that made me smile



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979
 


lol they have cures for everything,even aids, do u think these greasy politicians would raw dog and cream pie all these prosties if they didnt have the cure? come on, they have diseases to make profit,they only let out a tid bit of info like this to make us think they are on the way to a cure,they have cures for alot of crap,most of it they made them selves in labs as biological weapons, get real, we have a cure for everything but if you have no money no sunny morning honey lol look at magic johnson,had aids since the 80's, still alive,my aunt had aids and died from lung cancer, she was broke,give me a freakin break,most diseases aside from the flu and common cold are man made population control



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP
 



get real, we have a cure for everything


That is a pretty bold statement, is that your opinion or do you have facts or sources to back up your claim?



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979
 


dont need facts its obvious, most diseases are man made for profit, like aids, come one get real do some research, im not gonna type that much just look it up,i know alot but im not gonna build your boat im gonna tell you how to and point the way,your better off that way



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP
reply to post by lcbjr1979
 


lol they have cures for everything,even aids, do u think these greasy politicians would raw dog and cream pie all these prosties if they didnt have the cure? come on, they have diseases to make profit,they only let out a tid bit of info like this to make us think they are on the way to a cure,they have cures for alot of crap,most of it they made them selves in labs as biological weapons, get real, we have a cure for everything but if you have no money no sunny morning honey lol look at magic johnson,had aids since the 80's, still alive,my aunt had aids and died from lung cancer, she was broke,give me a freakin break,most diseases aside from the flu and common cold are man made population control


CUJOCREEP
That was a very harsh post you made i think very unneeded..There is thousands of people out there waiting for a cure and if one person can give us a small ray of sunshine that means the world to us and a means to push on and have a tiny window of hope ..Is people like you that take that hope away ..I have many Drs that are fighting to keep me alive and its not about money they dont have a cure for CF i dont belive the politicians want to see babys and young adults suffer and die ..that was just plain cruel and hurtful



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


there is no hope as long as the medical industry can profit off the sick,i dont condone it but its true,do u think if they gave people a cure for such profitable diseases would they still exist? no,just like an infertile farmer requires nitrogen and other nutrients for their over worked soil they need other companies to make "fertilizer", get it? companies who profit off drugs that postpone death when they have cures can make more money off just postponing death,think about it,its critical thinking skills and common sense to figure it out



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP
reply to post by sugarcookie1
 


there is no hope as long as the medical industry can profit off the sick,i dont condone it but its true,do u think if they gave people a cure for such profitable diseases would they still exist? no,just like an infertile farmer requires nitrogen and other nutrients for their over worked soil they need other companies to make "fertilizer", get it? companies who profit off drugs that postpone death when they have cures can make more money off just postponing death,think about it,its critical thinking skills and common sense to figure it out


I dont care for your way of thinking i have nothing more to say to you this is a thread about a possible cure ..not how the medical industry can profit off the sick



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP
 


You sir are an A$$Hole to say the least! F'ING TROLL MONGING PUNK
I'ld really like to know where you are so I could tell you in PERSON... I hope you get some UNKNOWN ILLNESS and the everyone in the world says sorry you cannot have our cure... PUNK MOTHA



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Dont let the troll bait you in.



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join