It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA to confiscate food from local farms in emergencies?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
FEMA wants to starve you when disaster hit

It shouldn't, says "Farmer Brad," a Texas-based farmer who said in an interview about food security with Mike Adams for Natural News TV that during Hurricane Katrina, an inventory of local farms and what they produced was conducted by the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

"FEMA was doing an inventory of all the farms around ... metroplexes," he said, which included nearby Houston and other large cities. "They started calling up farms and wanted to know where farms were, and they were being prepared to maybe take food if they need to, from farms, you know, for a crisis like that."

Brad, of HomeSweetFarm.com, said that while the agency didn't come right out and say they would confiscate crops and cattle, "they were making food assessments, you know, what is in the local food shed in a metroplex."

He said the agency's assessment took into account a number of potential emergencies and disasters, including spikes in fuel prices or even sudden disruptions - anything that might hinder or prevent the delivery of food to stores. Such scenarios would also lead to dramatic increases in food prices as well, Brad said.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

Oh boy, sounds like things bout to get real! We all should grow our food.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
But they can't win them all:

www.activistpost.com...

We need to see a lot more of this - Joe Public Winning.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for the headlines that say, "FEMA to confiscate money from local banks in emergencies?"

I see FEMA getting "exposed" to alot of lead if this ever happened.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I'm just waiting for the headlines that say, "FEMA to confiscate money from local banks in emergencies?"

Well it almost does!

Executive Order 10999 SEC. 5. Economic Stabilization. The Secretary shall cooperate with the Office of Emergency Planning in the development of suitable economic stabilization measures providing continuing guidance to the States, their political subdivisions, manufacturers, processors, and the public on the use and conservation of essential commodities in an emergency including rationing.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
have you not read
all the executive orders

put in place by our leaders
for times of emergencies

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It won't be money (paper)

It will be silver and gold. Food and Water. Medicine and Fuel.

Please... do not store your coins or whatever in safety deposit boxes. Buy a small fire, water, moisture resistant safe or failing that, even just a canning jar. Bury it deep and in secret and keep it out of the public eye.

Why have it in a bank when you are only allowed to access it when THEY say so? It can happen quickly. One day, everything is ok, next day, bank doors are closed.

It happened in the depression. Do you think it can't happen again?

Protect yourself...no one else will.

edit on 13-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I enforce the 2nd amendment. Let them come. I'll have a warning sign just to be nice.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Farms, food distribution centers, etc.. but the distribution and storage centers first.

AND.. my great grandfather buried stuff in old jars and plumbing pipes with the screw on ends. He died suddenly and my dad and his siblings, and later me and my cousins have dug up probably acres of land over the last 60 decades trying to find his goodies. I think the mean old man told us he did that and never did.. and is cackling at us in the spirit world for being digging fools...
Of course the treasure has grown to one rivaling any pirates treasure in the world... when in reality its probably a few coins and some junk if anything at all.

Youre correct though, it was VERY common for things to be buried due to the justified distrust of the banks at the time.. and the FEAR of the federal govt, robbers, and the future. There is a side to the great depression that isnt in the history books and that you can only get from the ones who lived through it.. and theyre almost extinct. So many have been abandoned by their families and left to rot... and all of that knowledge lost. A guy I know who is the son who actually listened to his grandfather has recently been stockpiling things in buried containers.. including gardening supplies and seed banks in his barn in a hidden fridge. I know I feel thats a little overboard, but I swear... sometimes I wonder anymore.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
get a grip. what the hell is wrong with most of you?

do you not want the food to be managed during a time of crisis for the greater good of the collective? this isn't a bad idea. i think your problem is with FEMA.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I don't have to worry about the greater good. I worry about my family, then my friends, then the greater good. I will make the decisions on what I do with my resources and when. I will not be forced, most especially in a time of emergency.

edit: If more people were responsible and self-reliant, there would not be a need to confiscate the resources of some to give to others. It's all about power anyway. The government wants to control the power.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by jude11

Farms, food distribution centers, etc.. but the distribution and storage centers first.

AND.. my great grandfather buried stuff in old jars and plumbing pipes with the screw on ends. He died suddenly and my dad and his siblings, and later me and my cousins have dug up probably acres of land over the last 60 decades trying to find his goodies. I think the mean old man told us he did that and never did.. and is cackling at us in the spirit world for being digging fools...
Of course the treasure has grown to one rivaling any pirates treasure in the world... when in reality its probably a few coins and some junk if anything at all.

Youre correct though, it was VERY common for things to be buried due to the justified distrust of the banks at the time.. and the FEAR of the federal govt, robbers, and the future. There is a side to the great depression that isnt in the history books and that you can only get from the ones who lived through it.. and theyre almost extinct. So many have been abandoned by their families and left to rot... and all of that knowledge lost. A guy I know who is the son who actually listened to his grandfather has recently been stockpiling things in buried containers.. including gardening supplies and seed banks in his barn in a hidden fridge. I know I feel thats a little overboard, but I swear... sometimes I wonder anymore.

Please look at a few of my other threads and you will see that I DO NOT think you are over board in your thinking.

U2U me if you would like more info:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

yea while your doing that, the rest of us will be helping each other out in a time of need.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

do you not want the food to be managed during a time of crisis for the greater good of the collective? this isn't a bad idea. i think your problem is with FEMA.

Get a grip?

If you really want someone to be in charge of your food, water, medication, fuel etc...go ahead.

For me, no thanks.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

You keep repeating that mantra to yourself when it all goes down.

Time and time again we have seen the greater good rip each other apart and turn into a mob. The only thing that pulls it back together, is those who aren't having to worry about their own. Outside assistance who can spare manpower, time and resources.

I'm not above altruism. I would give in a time of need, but not before ensuring my family is provided for first, and based upon my assessment of the situation.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

get a grip on you own life

i do not need a fema man
handing me and mine
daily bread

i grow it
i eat it

if i want to be nice
i can share

but this is suppose to be a free land

not i need so i take from you
if you like this type of governmental control

russia is lovely
this time of year

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Right, Like Stalin did that led to the starvation of millions in rural areas so the communist's in Moscow could stay fat?

I can't wait till scanner technology to detect sociopaths is used to identify people like you when your still in kindergarten.

new topics

top topics

join