It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if it's the government who is the conspiracy theorist?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
You may have heard parents tell their kids, that others are picking on them because they are jealous or really the same and don't want to admit it.

With the recent attacks on conspiracy theorist, I started thinking about many of the conspiracies we talk about here. Ancient aliens returning to earth, doomsday 2012, polar shifts and civil unrest..what if the insiders of the government are just hedging their bets against these things and they don't have any real evidence for any.

Many presidents have relied on psychics for advice. Perhaps the theories of all I mentioned made them worry and they began to make plans. They built their bunkers, NOT because they knew, but because like US they were worried about these prophecies and conspiracies.

Based upon the construction of bunkers and spending timelines, I would guess that the 2012 issue is the one they are most concerned about. If that year comes and goes without incident, it will be interesting to see what direction the government takes.

It would be quite ironic, if like many of those who believe prophecies or predictions on here only to have dates come and go, to have the government crawl out of bunkers on Jan 1, 2013 only to say "Ok, well...what now?"
edit on 12-5-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

You haven't heard about the doomsday already predicted for 2014?

Check it out here:

'World could be plunged into crisis in 2014': Cambridge expert predicts 'a great event' will determine course of the century

A 'Doomsday' moment will take place in 2014 - and will determine whether the 21st century is full of violence and poverty or will be peaceful and prosperous, according to a Cambridge University professor. In the last 500 years there has been a cataclysmic 'Great Event' of international significance at the start of each century, he claims.

Occurring in the middle of the second decade of each century, they include events which sparked wars, religious conflict and brought peace.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Haha! Not only are they conspiracy theorists....they lurk amongst us.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

This 2014 date is close enough to fit in with 2012. If TPTB are occultist like many speculate, belief in prophecy is probably a central tenet of theirs.

Originally posted by TruthFreedomNow
Haha! Not only are they conspiracy theorists....they lurk amongst us.

Indeed!
Gathering more info and making sure they have the latest tinfoil hats to issue the troops.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I've kind of wondered a bit about the rampant spending angle, and it does fit in with this theory.

What difference does it make if you run up your plastic if you have no intention of ever paying it back?

Spend, baby, SPEND!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What if conspiracies are a trick to stop you from creating?

Think about it...or better yet.... stop thinking and do something creative.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
I've kind of wondered a bit about the rampant spending angle, and it does fit in with this theory.

What difference does it make if you run up your plastic if you have no intention of ever paying it back?

Spend, baby, SPEND!

Interesting point that I too have wondered about. What is the ultimate plan? The current fiscal situation can not last forever without the house of cards, so to speak, coming tumbling down eventually......and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out....

Not that our government would ever engage in a conspiracy...(cough, cough), but surely there is something in the works that will resolve this one way or the other. S&F to the OP for original thought...

edit on 5/12/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Exactly one of those little nuggets on info that made me think of this concept. If your a die hard conspiracy theorist, and you believe in 2012, your cashing your chips in and stocking your bunker before then. So for the government, they would want to just keep spending, not only to stock up, but to give everyone something to distract them from the underground bunker shipments going to Denver International Airport.
Who cares if you never plan on paying the tab.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Oh god the thread name made me laugh so hard..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i do like this as a reply

DisillusionmentEdit Disillusionment sectionEdit

In the late 20th century, Western societies increasingly experienced a process of disengagement, disaffection, or disillusionment with traditional political institutions among their general populations. Falling election participation and declines in other key metrics of social engagement were noted by several observers. For a prominent example, see Robert D. Putnam's Bowling Alone thesis. Those who were most influenced by this period, the so-called "Generation X," are characterized by their cynicism towards traditional institutions and authorities, offering a case example of the context of political disempowerment detailed above.

In that context, a typical individual will tend to be more isolated from the kinds of peer networks that grant access to broad sources of information, and may instinctively distrust any statement or claim made by certain people, media, and other authority-bearing institutions. For some individuals, the consequence may be a tendency to attribute anything bad that happens to the distrusted authority. For example, some people attribute the September 11, 2001 attacks to a conspiracy involving the U.S. government (or disfavored politicians) instead of to Islamic terrorists associated with Al-Qaeda (see 9/11 conspiracy theories.)
what do you think??? oh yea it is from this, link psychology.wikia.com...
edit on 14-5-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
They built their bunkers, NOT because they knew, but because like US they were worried about these prophecies and conspiracies.

Mr President, is that you?

Well, I hope your visits to the above-network have been illuminating and insightful. I can understand with the kind of intel the CIA has given presidents in the past that the desire for a second opinion must be pretty strong. We'll try not to let you down Sir.

David Grouchy
edit on 14-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

"He" definitely seems to have a lot of representation here.....on ATS

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Your focus is on government.

One of the big "theories" going around in the community is that the real decisions are being made at higher, or deeper, levels. If this is true, then a lot of the government boys and girls could be just as clueless as the rest of us.

It's not the "government" per se that knows all about protective measures being taken, such as underground hideouts. It's the elite. And on top of that, even the elite are divided into different camps. The elites are using the governments as fronts and as PR machines. They are using the military as their private police force. They are using science and academics to create a view of "reality" that seems plausible and authoritative. The number at the core of all this who know what's really going on could be quite small. That's what conspiracies and criminal operations are all about. They have to operate in ways that protect the identity of those in command.

How many drug dealers could finger the guys who buy the guns, launder the money, and keep the anti-drug military at bay? It works similar in the case of government people. Most don't have a clue. They're just doing their jobs. The big difference is that most of them have no idea they might be doing something illegal, whereas if you're a drug dealer it's obvious.

If you are interested in really unraveling this confusion, you have to be willing to think at the level of sophistication of the ones who are creating it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I don't know what to make of this?
Are you saying you thinksaid Government creates conspriracies for us?
Sorry if I appear to be a little silly

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

If that year comes and goes you are still going to worry about "them" and not take a look at yourself which is pretty sad.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes, the governments are the greatest conspiracy theorists of all time. Most of us couldn't hold a light to their capacity for conspiracy.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emocentric
Are you saying you thinksaid Government creates conspriracies for us?

I wasn't saying that, but it is a possibility. If you wanted a think tank and not have to pay for it in the information age, what better way then to throw out a bunch of conspiracies and let people think them through.

My original thought on the matter was that the government has heard of things, ancient prophecies, about possible secrets in foreign nations and believe them or are at least hedging their bets against disaster.

Originally posted by wcitizen
Yes, the governments are the greatest conspiracy theorists of all time. Most of us couldn't hold a light to their capacity for conspiracy.

Yes, in the sense that they are ones conspiring to do and not do things.

Originally posted by ShogunAssassins
If that year comes and goes you are still going to worry about "them" and not take a look at yourself which is pretty sad.

I think it would be foolish for anyone not to worry about 'them.' I'm not exactly sure what you are insinuating with the latter half of your comment. Please clarify.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Paranoid governments aren't really helpfull.

Governmental health. Good issue. Do they know the way?

Can we learn from the government?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join