It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to never get sick anymore?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yes, that is my question. Is it possible to never get sick or ill anymore. Why? you may ask, surely everyone isn't capable of never getting sick or ill anymore and be in perfect health even from the slightest of ailments.

Well I have reason to believe that it is possible to never get sick with any ailments anymore.

Let me begin to defend my reasoning by giving a personal account of events.

There are two occurrences in my life that I have become extremely sick with flu like symptoms. Once when I was 3 and the other once I was 7. Each of these occurrences were very sudden and full blown flu symptoms could be seen within the first day. The vomiting, extremely high fever, fatigue and other symptoms all present. It wasn't until after the second day of illness that the symptoms regressed dramatically and eventually stopped and I was back to normal like I wasn't even sick. In my family we usually wait a max of 4 days before going to the hospital as a way to give the body a chance to fight the illness on its own. I never received the flu vaccination in both instances. My body effectively defeated the flu twice as if it were some common cold that only lasts a couple of days. I've also never had the common cold since I was 7 either.

I am now approaching 20, and since those two occurrences I have never gotten sick, ill, or even the slightest ailment from a virus or bacterial infection. Strange, huh! Now mind you I am no bubble boy or germaphobe, that is for certain. I've been in some of the dirtiest, disgusting places, even in classrooms where a majority of the students are sick, coughing and sneezing all over the place and yet I am perfectly fine with no symptoms of any illness.

This has had me baffled for many years when I was younger. Now I have logic at my disposal to help explain why I might be like this. Here are some possibilities:

1) I have a dust allergy. An allergic reaction is the result of a hyperactive immune system to an irritant. This also causes large amounts of nasal mucus to be generated. Now I watched an episode of The Doctors and they talked about nasal mucus in one of the segments. They mentioned that nasal mucus contains numerous amounts of dead or partially dead viruses and bacteria; dead or partially dead viruses and bacteria are used in the creation vaccines. If nasal mucus was ingested, there is a possibility that the body is to develop antigens for the specific virus or bacterium making the person immune. There is no current scientific fact that this has been proven. Back to me. When I was younger, I had trouble learning how to blow my nose, so when allergies set in, much of that nasal mucus would drain down the throat and get ingested. So there is a possibility I gained immunity some viruses and bacteria.

2) Environment. I lived on the edge of town next to a murky river and algae infested pond. I know that ponds are full of fun little bacteria as I have studied pond water for a few projects and a couple of biology classes. As of one year ago, I lost a bet and had to jump into a swamp. There was slight algae on the surface of the water, but stupid as I was, I jumped anyways and was submerged completely underwater not knowing what was in the water. After a good shower and few hours later, I began to itch all over and my skin began to turn red. I went to get a check up the next day as it was late when I jumped in. But before I went I notice that whatever was causing this had substantially subsided and only a minor itch was present. I went to the check up anyways to find out what caused it. What I found out was that it wasn't the algae bloom that caused the rash but rather a plant that I had inadvertently touched and I had an allergic reaction. I wasn't infected with anything.

3)Diet. I have always tried to eat a healthy diet but sometimes I like to divulge in some junk food for a little snack. There could be a connection to eating healthy and a heightened immune system as I have heard that some veggies can do this. My grandparents were very knowledgeable in natural remedies through teas, pastes, and other supplements.

4)Activity/Exercise. I have always been active in sports all through school and kept exercising even in college. From what I learned through health classes that activity can also strengthen the immune system.

5)Blood Type. Now I am not exactly sure on this claim as there hasn't been much exploration in the study. I am B+ and a few weeks ago I read an article stating that B+ blood had a higher resistance to small pox than other blood types. Unfortunately I can't remember the link to the article. Not that there is going to be an outbreak of small pox but it gave me the curious idea that maybe certain blood types have a higher resistance to many different viruses or bacteria.

6) Religion/Mind Over Matter. I'm a Christian and I am familiar with some of the scriptures. One of them states to speak things into existence (paraphrased). Ever since I haven't been getting sick anymore, I have been telling everyone I know that "I don't get sick." This can be seen as faith in my beliefs and well, I haven't gotten sick. I'm not trying to impose my beliefs on anyone just trying to get the curiosity juices flowing. I have also heard that the mind is capable of doing extraordinary things. I have heard that if some people believe that they are sick long enough that their body will exhibit symptoms of sickness or a weakened immune system. So the same must be theoretically true in the opposite direction. If you think that you are healthy and well with no illness your body should show increased health and strengthened immune system.

These are some of the possible reasons I don't get sick. I think that with enough exposure to foreign elements in my lifetime and life style that my body has been able to defend itself quite well.

What do you ATSers think? Do you think it's possible that other people can no longer get sick or ill? What is your intake on this?

I hope this thread will help people in not getting ill by sparking their curiosity.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I too never get sick...when I say never I mean like once every 5-6 years or more. I too have an allergy to dust mites and have had a post nasal drip (when the mucus runs backwards to your throat) since I can remember. I'm no where near a germaphobe and often get dirty and should probably wash my hands more than I do. I can hang around sick people never getting what they have and if I do it's always way way less harsh like the symptoms are barely noticeable and not all present. I really don't count colds I only get one a year around the same time of spring and think it has to do with pollen. I am O+ but that I doubt has anything to do with it. I would love to know what it is that makes me like this...I guess it could be the placebo effect of believing I don't get sick. It's amazing what ones mind can do. I haven't had health insurance since I was 18 so I haven't seen a doc for anything other than a sinus infection since then. In fact that seems to be the only thing that I really get probably because I have sinusitis and am quite predisposed to getting them but even those don't happen more than once per year or 2...but they are bad when I get them and spread through my body quickly if I don't seek antibiotics. I have tested this a bunch
. Anyway I'd love to know why but I almost think if I did it would ruin it ya know...

ETA: not seeing a doc for check ups takes away my ability to know of problems so I really do believe I am healthy no matter what...I also inherited a toughness to pain so not much out there really gets me worried. If I complain about it it must be really bad...
edit on 12-5-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I think the first possibility you presented is pretty interesting. Aren't vaccines for various viruses simply dead viruses? If so, this would make sense. I guess I should stop constantly blowing my nose.

I wish I never got sick. About once or twice a year I get a pretty bad sinus infection and I hate it.
I don't remember my dad ever being sick, it's kindof odd.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The human immune system is really fascinating. Maybe there is many more factors that influence the effectiveness of a person's immunity like genes.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I thought I was the only one that never got sick anymore or at least hardly at all in your case.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My son is 15, and he never gets sick. He gets an occasional stomach ache, or headache, but never colds or flu. I honestly cannot remember the last time he's had either. He has PKU. It's a metabolic disorder.

Mostly all foods contain protein. Some more than others. Protein is made up of many different acids, one of which is called phenylalanine. His body doesn’t create enough of the enzyme needed to break up this acid.

Therefore, he has a very low protein diet. He has NEVER eaten: Meat, fish, eggs, milk, cheese, nuts, or diet soda/artificial sweetener. His diet is made up of: Fruits, veggies, low-pro pasta, low-pro baked goods, low-pro everything. He also drinks a special drink every day that is loaded with all the parts of protien he can have.

I think this is why even while the rest of us are sniffling, sneezing, coughing, and aching....He is fine!!

When he was younger he would get all stuffed up and started sleeping with a fan. The doc would always say it was probably an allergy. Well, he still uses the fan every night, but he isn't stuffed up anymore.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMessenger1

I know a few people like us...although the majority of friends and family seem to get sick quite often. I will drink after them and hang out around them and never really have a problem. I guess it could be genes my dad is like me as well and I seem to be the only one of my siblings that got a majority of his genes. Whatever it is I don't put too much thought into it because I really think it has to do with the placebo effect and don't wanna ruin it

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Isn't it more likely that since your nose is always stuffy from the dust allergy, that you never notice being sick (since for most people the stuffy nose is the worst and most noticeable symptom of a cold)? I only ask because the poster below you mentioned not getting sick, and they also have allergies with nasal congestion.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Great post, For me I haven't been sick in 4+ years now, a cough here and there, but I never get the flu, Cold, infections, etc. I watch what I eat, and I am usually active, but I believe after giving up medication, Flu Shots, and Chemical ingestion (kinda hard to avoid nowadays
) that is when I magically became resilient to sickness.. hmm

probably just jinxed myself..*knocks on wood just to be sure*
edit on 13-5-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Sorry, your post was too long to read all the way through, but I did get the general 'drift' of what you are saying......

Our immune system aside, you can 'not be sick'.......for some it's genetic; for the rest of us, it's eating 80% of our diet in those foods that produce an alkaline reaction in our bodies; & then 20% that produce the acid reaction......if that goes out of wack, you get sick. there are many websites that list these foods for you....sadly, pastries and candy are not alkaline!! (darn!!) nor are french fries and Twinkies!!)

Anyhow, what amazed me in my looking into this acid/alkaline thing is that citrus fruits, while acid, convert to alkaline in our bodies.......to me that was amazing......when we get a cold, what do we think of? (besides chicken soup!!)......orange juice......an acidic beverage that changes to alkaline in our bodies, thus helping our health!!

Another thing that can help the acid/alkaline balance in the blood is plain old baking soda!!! If you feel a cold or flu coming on......sip a glass of water with a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in it, every few hours; by the end of the day your symptoms will be gone........but you have to do this at the very first sign of discomfort..
Anyway, I know most of this may not be new, but to others, it IS new.......so I hope you all can profit from it.......
But enough.....I tend to get carried away on this site!!!
Peace.....and Good Health!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BG43214

Can you post some sources for these fantastical claims of "alkaline" and "acidic" foods and why specifically it is the pH of these foods that contribute to our health as opposed to nutrients in the foods (you mentioned orange juice, which is high in vitamin C [vitamin c is purported to help prevent colds, although there is no definitive evidence that vitamin c reduces the incidence of colds] I doubt it has anything to do with the pH of the foods). Here is some reading on "alkaline water" if you're curious.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
reply to post by BG43214

Can you post some sources for these fantastical claims of "alkaline" and "acidic" foods and why specifically it is the pH of these foods that contribute to our health as opposed to nutrients in the foods (you mentioned orange juice, which is high in vitamin C [vitamin c is purported to help prevent colds, although there is no definitive evidence that vitamin c reduces the incidence of colds] I doubt it has anything to do with the pH of the foods). Here is some reading on "alkaline water" if you're curious.

Fantastical claims ? there is so much on net and some serious studies

and complete list Acid Alkaline Food

www.balance-ph-diet.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I had the chicken pox when I was young but that's it. Never had the cold or flu or any broken bones or sprains so yea I'd say it's possible.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMessenger1
Yes, that is my question. Is it possible to never get sick or ill anymore. Why? you may ask, surely everyone isn't capable of never getting sick or ill anymore and be in perfect health even from the slightest of ailments.

Well I have reason to believe that it is possible to never get sick with any ailments anymore.

Let me begin to defend my reasoning by giving a personal account of events.

There are two occurrences in my life that I have become extremely sick with flu like symptoms. Once when I was 3 and the other once I was 7. Each of these occurrences were very sudden and full blown flu symptoms could be seen within the first day. The vomiting, extremely high fever, fatigue and other symptoms all present. It wasn't until after the second day of illness that the symptoms regressed dramatically and eventually stopped and I was back to normal like I wasn't even sick. In my family we usually wait a max of 4 days before going to the hospital as a way to give the body a chance to fight the illness on its own. I never received the flu vaccination in both instances. My body effectively defeated the flu twice as if it were some common cold that only lasts a couple of days. I've also never had the common cold since I was 7 either.

I am now approaching 20, and since those two occurrences I have never gotten sick, ill, or even the slightest ailment from a virus or bacterial infection. Strange, huh! Now mind you I am no bubble boy or germaphobe, that is for certain. I've been in some of the dirtiest, disgusting places, even in classrooms where a majority of the students are sick, coughing and sneezing all over the place and yet I am perfectly fine with no symptoms of any illness.

This has had me baffled for many years when I was younger. Now I have logic at my disposal to help explain why I might be like this. Here are some possibilities:

1) I have a dust allergy. An allergic reaction is the result of a hyperactive immune system to an irritant. This also causes large amounts of nasal mucus to be generated. Now I watched an episode of The Doctors and they talked about nasal mucus in one of the segments. They mentioned that nasal mucus contains numerous amounts of dead or partially dead viruses and bacteria; dead or partially dead viruses and bacteria are used in the creation vaccines. If nasal mucus was ingested, there is a possibility that the body is to develop antigens for the specific virus or bacterium making the person immune. There is no current scientific fact that this has been proven. Back to me. When I was younger, I had trouble learning how to blow my nose, so when allergies set in, much of that nasal mucus would drain down the throat and get ingested. So there is a possibility I gained immunity some viruses and bacteria.

2) Environment. I lived on the edge of town next to a murky river and algae infested pond. I know that ponds are full of fun little bacteria as I have studied pond water for a few projects and a couple of biology classes. As of one year ago, I lost a bet and had to jump into a swamp. There was slight algae on the surface of the water, but stupid as I was, I jumped anyways and was submerged completely underwater not knowing what was in the water. After a good shower and few hours later, I began to itch all over and my skin began to turn red. I went to get a check up the next day as it was late when I jumped in. But before I went I notice that whatever was causing this had substantially subsided and only a minor itch was present. I went to the check up anyways to find out what caused it. What I found out was that it wasn't the algae bloom that caused the rash but rather a plant that I had inadvertently touched and I had an allergic reaction. I wasn't infected with anything.

3)Diet. I have always tried to eat a healthy diet but sometimes I like to divulge in some junk food for a little snack. There could be a connection to eating healthy and a heightened immune system as I have heard that some veggies can do this. My grandparents were very knowledgeable in natural remedies through teas, pastes, and other supplements.

4)Activity/Exercise. I have always been active in sports all through school and kept exercising even in college. From what I learned through health classes that activity can also strengthen the immune system.

5)Blood Type. Now I am not exactly sure on this claim as there hasn't been much exploration in the study. I am B+ and a few weeks ago I read an article stating that B+ blood had a higher resistance to small pox than other blood types. Unfortunately I can't remember the link to the article. Not that there is going to be an outbreak of small pox but it gave me the curious idea that maybe certain blood types have a higher resistance to many different viruses or bacteria.

6) Religion/Mind Over Matter. I'm a Christian and I am familiar with some of the scriptures. One of them states to speak things into existence (paraphrased). Ever since I haven't been getting sick anymore, I have been telling everyone I know that "I don't get sick." This can be seen as faith in my beliefs and well, I haven't gotten sick. I'm not trying to impose my beliefs on anyone just trying to get the curiosity juices flowing. I have also heard that the mind is capable of doing extraordinary things. I have heard that if some people believe that they are sick long enough that their body will exhibit symptoms of sickness or a weakened immune system. So the same must be theoretically true in the opposite direction. If you think that you are healthy and well with no illness your body should show increased health and strengthened immune system.

These are some of the possible reasons I don't get sick. I think that with enough exposure to foreign elements in my lifetime and life style that my body has been able to defend itself quite well.

What do you ATSers think? Do you think it's possible that other people can no longer get sick or ill? What is your intake on this?

I hope this thread will help people in not getting ill by sparking their curiosity.

Don't you think your post would have more credibility if you come back in say 10 years and say that. Quite a lot of young people never or rarely get sick.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

My understanding is that blood pH stays within a specific range of values, so the alkalinity or acidity of anything you eat is really of no consequence. Here is a link explaining the narrow range of blood pH. Here is a link on acid-base homeostasis, if our pH values in our bodies were really dictated so much by what we eat, it would be quite easy to die from ingesting common foods.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I haven't been sick in about a year and a half now. When I was younger I used to get sick all of the time, but now that I'm a little older I guess my immune system has improved. I try to limit the amount of bad things I put in my body, like I mainly only drink water or tea, and I try to limit my exposure to cell phone radiation and things like it. But that is becoming damn near impossible at this time.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

Upon doing more research in this subject, I've learned that human blood pH will stay in the normal range (unless chronic disease develops) even when eating even a nearly 100% acidifying diet. Unfortunately, in order to keep it in that range, your body will strip your bones and muscles of vital nutrients that form alkaline ashes, including calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.

This is ultimately why so many westerners find themselves with brittle bones and teeth (if they're lucky, some find themselves with cancer and other terminal diseases) at such young ages.

Other key issues with the typical western diet is a lack of iodine and a grossly imbalanced fatty acid consumption. The average western diet has a 15-20:1 ratio of omega 6 to omega 3 fatty acids, when the optimal range is anywhere between 1:1 to 6:1 (depending on your health).

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It's called the 48hr flu and a good immune system, but the 'satellite government' does have a cure for every illness, even slows ageing.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Since switching to a paleo diet two years ago, the only time me and the Mrs ever get colds now is when we spend a few days eating junk.
I used to have 7 or 8 a year but not now. Even when I do get a cold its not debilitating like it used to be and it's gone in a day or so after eating properly again.
We don't get anything when we are eating properly.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
That's how came across my moniker 'UnBreakable', like the movie starring Bruce Willis. And like the character, I don't know if it's luck or what, but I've never been sick in my 53 years of existence, except for an occasional cold every 3 or 4 years. Never been sick enough to be bedridden. Hopefully my luck never runs out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join