It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

who is ron paul...ok, thanx for educating me on what trolling is, yall think im an internet tough guy huh? lol, it figures, i say something, i get # on....typical, thats why we wont ever acheive nothing...doesnt take a genius to know that...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by korathin

Younger Americans(under 30) are more [color=yellowgreen]hurt and betrayed then angry at this point. Yous older people are all the same. Narcissistic to the last of you. You do whatever is in your self interest, refuse to [color=yellowgreen]take the blame when yous mess up.

And here we have a classic example of one who, from the self justification of their feelings and emotions, wants to identify blame. Could the reason be, as I suggested, that it is to punish?

Slow down and try actually reading the words again. Use the voice of a ninja-god comming out of a dojo if it helps you.

The young don't want to rule. They just want to punish someone.

David Grouchy

Again, as I said before sheer narcissism. Look at my generation(Gen Y). Heck look Gen Y music, since your eyes will not see.

Look at the music most Gen Y guy's listen to, does it have more in common with Kiss/ACDC/Areosmith/Metallica or Alanis Morissette?

But hey up the ante, it isn't like the over 40 crowd aren't about to be thrown under a bus, or into a bus/train or anything.......

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

"But hey up the ante, it isn't like the over 40 crowd aren't about to be thrown under a bus, or into a bus/train or anything...."

Although it would solve alot of the worlds problems in my opinion...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
OK this will be controversial lol

I respect age, I know and respect lots of old people, I hope to be one myself someday lol.

But let's face it, you people screwed up our world, bad.

And guess what else -- we are the ones who are going to have to deal with the mess!

So who is "we?" Let's for the sake of argument say 20-30-year-olds. I guess you could change this definition at either end to some extent, but that's vaguely what I'm thinking of.

The solution would be for nobody in major power to be over 30. Maybe you could make a few exeptions, but basically after 30, that's it. You retire or become a "consultant" or "advisor" maybe. (I'm only talking about positions of real power here -- Washington, Wall Street, Fortune 500 CEOs, etc. People who own their own little stores or businesses or who have jobs like doctors, teachers, janitors, etc...no change with age).

Everyone heading Wall Street, Washington, the University system, all the power nodes of society -- energy, commerce, international trade, military, etc. -- would be headed by people in their 20s. Smart people selected rigorously and fairly, but young,

They would bring their creativity, their will to survive, their vibrant life force which starts to ebb when people get older. Fresh ideas, dynamic attitudes, and youthful idealism....what's not to like?

Plus, the new generation, 20s and below, is much more spiritual than the olders, who are merely religious and cling to outward forms. The 20somethings are spiritual seekers who can bring fresh and innovative new life to tired old religion, bringing in a breath of fresh air in culture and the arts, too!

We need change bad, but a 40-year-old tired-looking old man who is corrupt from skeezing around in the Chicgo dirty political system is not "Change." His daughters....maybe!

Who is with me! Youthquake!

Who is with me??

I feel that the problems of today have less to do with age, and all to do with greed and lack of integrity. Youth of today as in the past think they know everything. The majority of todays youth are way more lazy than when i grew up(class of 82). If you can show us youth with INTEGRITY and lack of greed "BINGEM ON"!!!!
edit on 13-5-2011 by alltogethernow because: miss statement

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK

"But hey up the ante, it isn't like the over 40 crowd aren't about to be thrown under a bus, or into a bus/train or anything...."

Although it would solve alot of the worlds problems in my opinion...

Bleh, always go for the low blow?(maybe shouldn't of wrote that, distracted from my main point) But seriously I want everyone to give an honest answer to this question :

Look at the music most Gen Y guy's listen to, does it have more in common with Kiss/ACDC/Areosmith/Metallica or Alanis Morissette?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Again, as I said before [color=yellowgreen]sheer narcissism. Look at my generation(Gen Y). Heck look Gen Y music, since your eyes will not see.

But hey up the ante, it isn't like the over 40 crowd aren't [color=yellowgreen]about to be thrown under a bus, or into a bus/train or anything.......

Charges based on pure emotion.
Detailed description of punishment.
I'm begining to think this new generation has a learning disability.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

it does have a learning disability, and whos fault is that?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Although it would solve alot of the worlds problems [color=yellowgreen]in my opinion...

Again,
proof of the desire to punish,
with zero evidence of capacity to rule.

David Grouchy
edit on 13-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

to see close minded, bigoted adults, yes, definatly go for the low blow...desperate times call for desperate measures...to heck with the older generation, they had there chance, although my generation will blow it too...*sigh*

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Again, as I said before [color=yellowgreen]sheer narcissism. Look at my generation(Gen Y). Heck look Gen Y music, since your eyes will not see.

But hey up the ante, it isn't like the over 40 crowd aren't [color=yellowgreen]about to be thrown under a bus, or into a bus/train or anything.......

Charges based on pure emotion.
Detailed description of punishment.
I'm begining to think this new generation has a learning disability.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

you do need to be punished, and i have no wish to rule, i would be a lousy ruler, yet, i know right from wrong...seems you should too....humans are emotional beings guy..cmon

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

it does have a learning disability, and whos fault is that?

Again, the comment seems
only interested in the blame game.
Zero solutions being offered.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

and your doing any better, cmon! shi!t, i expected more realness from the heart than what u actually just want to see

link   
Can we get back on topic, be civilized. Refrain ourself from bashing the young, the old and in between. Please. I mean, this is partially the reason why this planet doesn't advance is because we can't seem to get along. We always end up mocking one-another or being "Bigotry" as someone said earlier. And this is on a board with a slogan that states two words: Deny Ignorance.

Let alone the rest of the world. We war over a commodity or few. We war over Religion. We war over so many things.

We fight over those things too. (Public, not Nations\International btw) Over Football (U.K) / Soccer (U.S). We riot over music (Rage against the Machine L.A riots for instance.)

I 100% agree that a big MAJORITY of the young are waste's of space. (U.K) Sat on the dole\Benefits, claiming money off us via the tax man, doing absolutely nothing.
But at the same time, the older are just as bad, I see many of them the same; Sat on their Asses doing squat all but claiming things like income support, housing benefit, etc. etc.. And I know of Elderly (65+) that do the exact same.

I mean one could point the example and blame you mid-agers for setting that example, likewise for you with the Elderly. But at the end of the day I'm not going to point the finger. Because it's up to oneself to make the effort.

But at the end of the day, either way the young will take over. But in my eyes it may well hopefully for the better. I'm going to have the positive outlook for once (I'm generally a pessimist.) which is what everyone else should do (Be positive.) And show encouragement and give each other motivation and enthusiasm to bring a better tomorrow.

Right now with the Mid's' saying that it'l get worse. Not necessarily, I mean yeah let's use an example here that the wasters of today (Youths) is 85% and that the intelligent Youths is 15% within the U.S and U.K. Who's to say, that growing up and seeing those 'Counsel estate chavs' constantly do jack squat, gave this 15% grief constantly throughout the upbringing. Along with the rest of the national problems. Who's to say they won't get up into power and think yeah my upbringing and that was thanks to our country being ran by numerous Wa**ers, who did their job wrong in the end. And I want to change that and make sure the next generation didn't have to do the cleaning process we're doing.

Somebody tell me, prove to me. Even. That, that paragraph is definitely NOT a possibility or a chance in the future.

link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

.[color=gold]you do need to be punished, and i have no wish to rule, i would be a lousy ruler, yet, i know right from wrong...seems you should too....humans are emotional beings guy..[color=yellowgold]cmon

Evidence please.

"cmon"

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join