It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Only with respect for the older generation with use of there wisdom form the mistakes that they made will help the youth of the next generation change the world.

All we need to do is have Faith!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
There is not a person that has ever lived that wouldn't want to go back and change something stupid they did when they were younger.

Stupidity and youth go hand and hand.

I wouldn't change one single thing that I've ever done... the stupid things that I have done in my life are part of who I am. Also, the butterfly effect is kind of scary.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frater210
reply to post by Partygirl

Uh, Please don't. I know the time will come soon enough but I would not be in any rush. I am presently back in school with 'The Young' and I am sorry to say it but you are all dumber than toast. So please hold off on that.
Thanks.

We're dumber than toast?

I am sure that there are many my age who are obsessed with Snooki, but not all of us are dumber than toast.

Also, I just wanted to add that your avatar is awesome.
edit on 5/12/2011 by dalan. because: (no reason given)

link   
Well there goes the neighbour hood.
You cant even drink in most of america until your 21 and yet you want to rule the world. Im 33 so im obviously to old to make a difference even though i have more of live's experience's.
To say anyone with age has nothing to offer shows arrogance and ignorance, something your generation seems to be good at.
So i dont agree with you on this one.
When you get as old as me you might open your eye's to the world around you a little more and grow up a bit.

Ps, What will you do when you get older.?????? As looks can only take you so far

edit on 12-5-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
link   

You young whipper snappers voted for obama because he was hip and cool. Good qualities.

edit on 12-5-2011 by thorazineshuffle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
there have been some great young leaders, but unfortunately they were great at butchhering their enemies, not leading millions of citizens with established institutions

so how do you solve the debt with youth ? cut off programs for the old folks ?

you realize if you're lucky you'll be old someday too, right ?

oh, and don't forget to report to carousel when you turn 30 !!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by Carseller4
There is not a person that has ever lived that wouldn't want to go back and change something stupid they did when they were younger.

Stupidity and youth go hand and hand.

I wouldn't change one single thing that I've ever done... the stupid things that I have done in my life are part of who I am. Also, the butterfly effect is kind of scary.

Dude, the butterfly effect is a movie.....make believe.....don't be scared.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

No you are right. Thanks to the wonders of Social Reproduction the usual 6% or so are not dumb. That is even scarier my young friend.

Here is a thread for you to pull on, Sonny. Sorry it doesn't end at an XBox...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Young people do have a lot to contribute, but there really isn't a venue for the most talented in some ways.

The value of altruism probably changes with age.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

Yeah there is. It's called Serving Your Country.

2nd Line.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
OK this will be controversial lol

I respect age, I know and respect lots of old people, I hope to be one myself someday lol.

But let's face it, [color=gold]you people screwed up our world, bad.

Evidence please.

It's the same old song and dance again. The blame game. We'll do it better. I remember hearing all this from the Baby boomers. You know. The one's who aborted my generation. I heard it from the gen-x'ers. You know, the ones who wiped out half my generation with recreational acid. I heard it from the Y generation. You know, the one's who stole perscriptions from all the old people and used extacy to melt their emotions. I heard it from the Me generation. You know, the ones who quit attending community gatherings but pay their cell phone bills religiously.

You wana impress me.
You wana really change everything.
Get your whole generation to take responsibility for then entire # house all the way back to the dawn of time. What's the matter, your survival of the fittest didn't prepaire you for that? But I thought it explained everything.

But I don't want to complain without offering a solution. So here it is. You know what I realized.

If everyone on earth died,
except people who know calculus four...
you know what? I'd be ok with that.

And we'd really be able to get into space in a single generation. Cause I wouldn't have to face yet another new wave of good-ideas that are really the result of corporate programing. You may not know it. But you are an Emotion Tyrant. And history will judge your generation as just that. Those who justified the worst tyrany in history on emotional justification.

Hell most of you can't even add or subtract. Let alone divide.

David Grouchy
edit on 12-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: how do you spell Ecstasy? I had to look it up.

EDIT 2: star & flag.
edit on 12-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
This thread is stereotypical youth. As it should be. People are supposed to be more impulsive, ambitious and idealistic at that age. In many ways, it helps to advance society as a whole, but only when tempered with wisdom and experience of those older. In time, youth like this smash into reality and if it doesn't break them, then we inch that much more into the betterment of man.

It isn't the processes or policies that corrupt us today. Those type of things a people can learn from and change, much as technology changes when something better comes along. What has done us in is a decline or sheer loss of values, a sense of morality, personal and professional responsibility and a lack of unifying identity.

From what I have seen in public and on the more popular television shows, the youth of today are certainly not marching to correct those deficiencies in society.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thorazineshuffle

And your generation is full of cynical, egotistical people that wanted so bad to emulate their parents, that they later BECAME their parents.

+12 more 
link   
This thread is a joke. I'm 19 and think the large majority of people in my generation are "dumber than toast" as someone else said. I certainly haven't noticed a trend in spiritual or religious young people...quite the opposite. This generation is the first generation to ever be less literate than the previous...and you think they should rule?

link   

BWAAAAAA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no, seriously...
Paris Hilton 4 PRESIDENT!!!!

BWAAA HA HA HA HA
hohohoho eeeeee stop...your killing me...harharhar

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Yes partygirl OP, you're avatar is awesome!!! Super awesome.: ) I just can't wait for youthful beauties such as yourself to take over the world with all your depth wisdom and good looks.
...stepping out of the way now for the true visionaries to tell us old folks how it's done.
Life is darn tough and getting tougher. Ageism doesn't help any of us.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

What's wrong with being idealistic and open-minded?

That's what I don't get.

Supposedly, young people become jaded and cynical (like their parents, no less!) and accept things as they are.

Who made the rule that said that this has to happen?

I am young, I am idealistic and I will make things happen where YOU could not even fathom!

So, accept defeat all you want.

There is NO rule out there that says that young people must become jaded, cynical and ignorant over time.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Logans Run.

Just wait till your "life calc" starts to blink!

time for "carousel"!

RENEW! RENEW! RENEW!!!!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

You, know, Wolf, I agree. I have been waiting and waiting for these knuckleheads to do something new and worthy of attention but it never comes. They just cannibalize the previous generations while becoming simultaneously stupider, nastier and less creative. They are all focused so heavily on all this social Bullsnip that has just irreparably atomized them into uselessness. The proof is in their music. I am not even sure if there is hope. Maybe the fact that we have young ATS members is something to look forward to?
edit on 12-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by Partygirl
OK this will be controversial lol

I respect age, I know and respect lots of old people, I hope to be one myself someday lol.

But let's face it, [color=gold]you people screwed up our world, bad.

Hell most of you can't even add or subtract. Let alone divide.

Yeah! There ya go!

Old dudes still doing what young dudes only dream of.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join