It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

You have to be joking. A post against wisdom by "partygirl"? When you grow up you will realize that you became more wiser and less childish. You will look back and think about the time in which you thought you knew everything, but really knew so very little. The arrogance and egotism of youth is filled with energy but needs to be tempered with wisdom. Believe me, being a partygirl is not going to help build for you a stable foundation for your life, family, career, & security. You will be much older one day. It happens very fast. Do you truly believe your future experiences are going to dumb you down?

There are many lessons to be learned once you grow out of your 20's and 30's. You will realize this one day.

It's easy to live in the illusion they create for you (the blue pill tastes so yummy)... try seeing beyond... for their is much to learn and wisdom to be gained.

GV

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MyMindIsMyOwn

Right on brotha....well put, and here I thought all older folks were bad.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

It means us old farts are not happy with things either. Everybody is screwing it up, old AND young.

I completely agree, and I believe that the OP was naive with their post. Its going to take people working together from all age groups to fix our problems.
edit on Fri May 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by netscurge

"down-right uneduacted" who do you thinks doing the educating? were taught to "live a certain way"

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
The solution would be for nobody in major power to be over 30. Maybe you could make a few exeptions, but basically after 30, that's it.

That's insane, people don't go senile at 30. If you wanted to say 70 or something I could half understand, but 30? Can't wait until you hit that age and get what I mean.

It's basically time for anyone with half a brain to take over.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hmmm reminds me of a movie starring Michael York

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I will be 32 this August, and let me tell you, my life is nearly falling apart and just getting started at the same time. I have lived impulsively, I have avoided most credit cards (Thanks to my parent's advice) and I just go what I wanted and tried not to screw up. Now I am older and I have to pay for those things which my impulses "needed"; with a two month old son, a full time college itinerary, bankruptcy is just a month away if I don't figure out something fast.

The point I want to make is this:

Being young is fantastic, but you don't really realize it at the time. Every ten years you reflect on how you were before and wish you would have done more, less or different. I can speak for every parent on the planet when I say that ALL children and young adults think they know everything, and that they can fix it. This is impulse, not experience.

Young adults from 18-26 think the know it all, some of them have great ideas, but they lack the focus necessary to make it happen right the first time, or at all. I have noticed as an early third decader myself that the things that even two years ago I held as so important are just worthless and unecessary for my life. In the last six months I have gotten rid of a huge majority of those impulses I spent years investing in; whether they be habits, material objects or behaviors, and suprisingly enough I don't care as much as I thought I would. I have noticed that I am actually not losing everything I gained as a young adult, I am starting to have clarity and focus my energy and attention by drawing on the experiences I had as a young adult. Believe me, I don't know everything, and I will be the first to admit it, but I take the time to try and figure it out.

People make mistakes, and those who don't listen to their parents because they think they know everything end up repeating the same mistakes that their parents made. This is the reason they tell you! They have learned what to do and what not to do and they are trying to guide you so that you will be able to have a head start, unfortunately, teenagers naturally rebel because they want their own individuality and it isn't until their mid twenties/early thirties that they can truly admit to themselves that their parents were right. By that time you have become the person you fought against (Like your parents before you) and you are trying to teach your child not to repeat the same mistakes that you failed to heed.

Some children get it, most don't; young adults are just too impulsive to focus on what is important and not on the immediate need.

With age comes focus, and whether you like it or not, that is why most buisnesses/governments/agencies/etc. are not run by 20-somethings. If that was the case we would probably be up to world war 37 by now because of a facebook insult by Gaddafi.

[Interesting side story pertaining to the OP: My degree is a Bachelor's of Science degree in Game Art and Design which I should be graduating this time next year, and I am an avid hardcore gamer. Many times on Xbox Live I run into kids, ranging from 14-18 that constantly ask me the same question: "Aren't you too old to be playing on Xbox?"

~~The Funny thing is, and my favorite response to this question: "Who do you think makes these games, 14-18 Year olds like yourself?"

No, it's guys like me, with the average age for Game artist being late twenties to mid thirties. Developer presidents and project managers are late thirties to mid forties on average. I love the irony.]

King
edit on 13-5-2011 by Kingalbrect79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard
reply to post by DaMod

Lol, let me paraphrase leary to try to explain it better for you in spite of your insults.

To young people, to people under the age of 25, and certainly to people under the age of 40.. if you're over the age of 40, I'm not sure that you should listen to this..

Because what I say might make you mad.

I don't like to get people mad.

I particularly don't like to get people over the age of 40 mad.. people who have guns, and handcuffs, and a wide variety of instruments of metal with which they punish you.

The nervous system of the adult human being is so set up that it registers intense neurological pain when confronted with an idea or a method which liberates man from his addiction to symbols; from his addiction to the current tribal symbol system.

In other words, the young people that you're bashing have the answers you're looking for, even if you aren't ready to hear them.

The old road is rapidly agin'
Please get out of the new one
If you can't lend your hand.

edit on 13-5-2011 by 1ifbyland2ifbydebitcard because: (no reason given)

Hahaha.. excuse me for a second.....

Ok I'm good now...

Listen man.. Like it or not the elder people are the ones with the skills.. They are the journeymen and the experienced.. They are the embodiment of the knowledge that is to be passed on to us... Imagine if you will that there were no longer any master welders therefore no welding apprentices (I'm including teachers in this equation) how would future generations remember how to weld? How would they remember the little tricks and do dads and do hickeys and whatsits that are what makes a great welder?

What about carpentry? Or science... Einstein was old, yet the youngest generations of today use that old fart's theory of relativity..

Without them we are nothing!

Tell me something you want to learn to do really well.. I guarantee there is a guy over 40 passing on his knowledge to the next generation on that very subject.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about and like any typical kid thinks he knows everything.. Heck I know dozens of people over 40 that could make you look like a complete and total idiot. This is actually a complete understatement.

I'm 26 btw.. and I respect my elders and realize that 40+ years of life = a ton more experience than I.

Go watch some youtube and learn how to be cool.. While you're at it why don't you go text some of those friends of yours I'm sure that would keep your nose in the phone for a couple of hours at least...

Let the men do the mans work boy.
edit on 13-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You think the new generation 20-30 is "more spiritual" ? Probably only because you're smoking something.

I'd say at LEAST 95% of 20-30 year olds are more concerned with instant gratification, be it electronic communication, fame (idol shows), and in many other areas.

This generation has been raised to be the "me" generation, and has a much higher sense of entitlement for no effort than any generation that has come before them. There is a complete lack of personal responsibility for this generation - whatever happens to them is someone else's fault. You are products of the system that you claim to want to take over.

You wouldn't stand a chance.
edit on 13-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

If I could give you a hundred stars, you would be king of ATS for the day.

Peace, love, give me, give me, give me!!! Obama will set us free!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
With age comes focus, and whether you like it or not, that is why most buisnesses/governments/agencies/etc. are not run by 20-somethings. If that was the case we would probably be up to world war 37 by now because of a facebook insult by Gaddafi

be realistic...the mayor of my old hometown is barely just over 20..he has a facebook and i highly doubt he would even reply to a comment from someone insulting him,...you make it sound as if the OP was talking about letting just any younger person into a place of power.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK

be realistic...the mayor of my old hometown is barely just over 20..he has a facebook and i highly doubt he would even reply to a comment from someone insulting him,...

My grandma has a Facebook account. I guess that makes her qualified to be mayor also.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick

The description on this website is of kids who have been taught no discipline & no respect for anyone else.

GREAT. I can't wait till they're in charge. /sarcasm

Around the time I turned 30 I realized how much I had changed in just 10 years. A teeny bit wiser, more patient. Less likely to think I knew everything, more willing to listen and think critically.

No one UNDER 30 should get a say, I think. You're all too foolish and impetuous still. Science says the brain doesn't even finish developing until at least age 25. We can't let a bunch of hormone-driven lunatics run everything. Sorry.

why we give them guns send them halfway around the world and tell them to shot at people!!!
if no one under 30 should have a say, then no one under thirty should be fighting our wars!!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I dont know, does it? Quit trying to be funny (i can just bet on a "smart-assed" reply)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

If I could give you a hundred stars, you would be king of ATS for the day.

Peace, love, give me, give me, give me!!! Obama will set us free!!!

I have younger children and get to see how the world is conditioning them. Yes, they are a me, me, generation. Hard work? "Oh no! That's not for me." Too tough. What happened to backbone? Hard work? Self pride?

The younger generation has sooooooo much to learn. I hope it's not too late, because they will inherit the world and they have to make a lot of positive changes. The Powers That Be have created quite a mess and most people, young and old, are hypnotized by the lasest trivial distraction to wake up, smell the coffee...and most importantly make positive changes to OUR world. Wake up! Young or old. Age really isn't the issue here.

GV

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The mere fact OP, that you don't think that wisdom is required to rule, shows you lack in it.

Of course, not all our leaders are wise. But experience and maturity (i.e. life experience) means a great deal.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Unfortunately, wisdom and humbleness generally go hand in hand.

It is kind of a cruel joke that the people that are best suited to rule, abhor the idea of them being the ruler. This seems to extend to all ages from what I have seen.
edit on 13-5-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm just a few years over 30, and I still don't feel like I've experienced enough to be a great leader...but according to the OP, I'm already over the hill? She will be pretty surprised how quickly 30 smacks her in the face. Age isn't the problem, it's the fact that the old people who are in power now, are greedy and corrupt. That's not an issue with age, that's an issue with human beings in general.

link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK

I dont know, does it? Quit trying to be funny (i can just bet on a "smart-assed" reply)

I was just following your logic.

Your mayor has Facebook
Facebook appears to be an asset to be mayor
My grandma has a facebook.
'nuff said.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

What? where did you get that facebook has anything to do with being a mayor, i was responding to a womans comment, i am new on here and dont know how to quote someone elses words, she said something about facebook, gosh man, just go back and read...your a waste of time trying to explain or are you just trying to be a prick
EDIT: by saying ur a prick i mean that you know what i am trying to say yet you just want to be difficult
edit on 13-5-2011 by DeadBLACK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join