It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
children should be seen and not heard.

hopefully this is the reason everything gets worse

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

blah blah blah I've head it before...

Our brains are configured in a different way because we have grown up with technology. Technology has accelerated us to the next level of reality.

Already its a well-known phenomenon:

www.indigochild.com...

These are the people who will save us!

As it were I am convinced of that this moniker lease the emphasis on the name,is in fact me but I'm more than aware that there aren't many in our age group that thinks the same as we may. There aren't many in our age criteria that are worthy of leading...they don't hear the call to actions....some of them have been handicapped along the way with hedonistic virtues and conduct. I believe in us reaching our higher selves but I'm not very convinced of the resolve of my generation....With that said I'm not an optimist but I am a prisoner of hope as I've heard Cornell West phrase it. I do believe in the ability that my generation has to overcome I think that trait has been preordained(if I may use that word).... and with that!
-Invisible Crown-

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Nope. There is a huge difference between intelligence and wisdom. You may be smart as all get out, but without life experience, you don't have wisdom. Sorry - it's earned and learned, not innate.

Thats sort of what I said...

My view is that Intelligence is important...very important. but must be tempered with wisdom. Wisdom is the glue that binds the intelligence together and makes it working. Lacking one or the other makes you unfit to lead.

The wise man with no intellect is best suited for survival and advice
The intelligent man with no wisdom is best suited for a lab
The man with both should hold power over both.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I agree I do think more young people should be running more of our world, I will be 20 in a few weeks & I feel like people my age have really good ideas & are more receptive to change. I think it would be cool to see people under 30 in the house of commons!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yea, great idea, let's have ignorant uneducated kids with no life experience run the world.

Before you blast me I'm 23 so I can make that statement.
I'm a University student, I do a lot of reading, but even I have lack
in knowledge and life experience, I wouldn't want to be put in a situation
of power because I might mess it up. People need to learn how a system functions
before they decide to make alterations to it. Blindsided interventionism can have
catastrophic effects on the socio-economic strata,

Take into consideration that the youth do not know how the world works, they don't learn it in school.
They learn this though life experience, and even then, they can't learn everything.
Elementary and high school teach us how to conform.
University is where the real studies begin, and even then, all we see are theories.
psychological, sociological, economic, political, etc. All theories.
Even if the teachers make it seem factual at times, keep in mind that
nothing is set in stone, all theories have gaps in them, that's why you learn multiple approaches.
Of course, believing multiple opposing theories is a hard task, so the TPTB made it
easier on us all, they simply put similar and self fueling theories together that
serve the socioeconomic system. This way the mindless opinionless well versed automatons
won't have a problem believing multiple theories all at once because they all support each other.
No conflict of interest see? And all this under the guise of critical thinking, hahaha, what a joke.

It's the education system that needs to change.
Only when people learn how to learn by themselves can we have a responsible society.
My two cents.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Radekus because: spelling

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms
Yeah...let me know how that works out for ya?

It is proven that the children of today and tomorrow have no pride in themselves, and expect a handout at every curve. I used to work in the educational field, ( a university to be exact ) and you wont believe some of the most naive comments and thought processes that come from the college students of today....our country is doomed with that type of ignorance. Not to mention a wasted education.

blah blah blah I've head it before...

Our brains are configured in a different way because we have grown up with technology. Technology has accelerated us to the next level of reality.

Already its a well-known phenomenon:

www.indigochild.com...

These are the people who will save us!

you are kidding right? the youth today lacks pride,honor and respect,have you looked or at the education level of today's high school and collage kids? not to mention the lack of critical thinking and reasoning,in this case technology has stumped them, not accelerated them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm one of these "young people" but I take one look at my generation and I think to myself "I do not want these people running the country".

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

ill admit to being biased. lol

never was a fan of kids.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DanDeath

why, they can't do any worse than the older ones? cept, for those young people that are brainwashed..like hardcore muslim kids and such..yknow...grow up to be suicide bombers etc...i doubt you can ever change there minds....young minds are easier to to sway than older ones...this is both good AND bad.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP

hahahahaha!!! that was rich. keep living in fantasy land.

youth think they know everything when in fact they know nothing and are mostly spoiled little brats.

children should be seen and not heard.

Wow great attitude! Perhaps when you are old and grey your children will put you in an old folks home and never visit you. It would be poetic justice at its best.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

OK this will be controversial lol

I respect age, I know and respect lots of old people, I hope to be one myself someday lol.

But let's face it, you people screwed up our world, bad.

And guess what else -- we are the ones who are going to have to deal with the mess!

So who is "we?" Let's for the sake of argument say 20-30-year-olds. I guess you could change this definition at either end to some extent, but that's vaguely what I'm thinking of.

The solution would be for nobody in major power to be over 30. Maybe you could make a few exeptions, but basically after 30, that's it. You retire or become a "consultant" or "advisor" maybe. (I'm only talking about positions of real power here -- Washington, Wall Street, Fortune 500 CEOs, etc. People who own their own little stores or businesses or who have jobs like doctors, teachers, janitors, etc...no change with age).

Everyone heading Wall Street, Washington, the University system, all the power nodes of society -- energy, commerce, international trade, military, etc. -- would be headed by people in their 20s. Smart people selected rigorously and fairly, but young,

They would bring their creativity, their will to survive, their vibrant life force which starts to ebb when people get older. Fresh ideas, dynamic attitudes, and youthful idealism....what's not to like?

Plus, the new generation, 20s and below, is much more spiritual than the olders, who are merely religious and cling to outward forms. The 20somethings are spiritual seekers who can bring fresh and innovative new life to tired old religion, bringing in a breath of fresh air in culture and the arts, too!

We need change bad, but a 40-year-old tired-looking old man who is corrupt from skeezing around in the Chicgo dirty political system is not "Change." His daughters....maybe!

Who is with me! Youthquake!

Who is with me??

It doesn't matter what age group you allow to run the world, until the system is changed the results will be the same. Greed is greed and will not recognize an age group Replace all the puppets you want with fresh, young faces but at the end of the day, if you think the Rothschilds are going to relinquish their power to the youth of their bloodline... You're crazy. It's a great dream and I remember it well from the days when I was but a pup. Our values globally must be adjusted to fit reality, until then...It's just more of the same till it all goes up in smoke!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am not young enough to know everything.
-Oscar Wilde

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

sorry bud, no compassion from me. no kids either.

my opinion get you mad???

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

OK this will be controversial lol

I respect age, I know and respect lots of old people, I hope to be one myself someday lol.

And guess what else -- we are the ones who are going to have to deal with the mess!

So who is "we?" Let's for the sake of argument say 20-30-year-olds. I guess you could change this definition at either end to some extent, but that's vaguely what I'm thinking of.

The solution would be for nobody in major power to be over 30. Maybe you could make a few exeptions, but basically after 30, that's it. You retire or become a "consultant" or "advisor" maybe. (I'm only talking about positions of real power here -- Washington, Wall Street, Fortune 500 CEOs, etc. People who own their own little stores or businesses or who have jobs like doctors, teachers, janitors, etc...no change with age).

Everyone heading Wall Street, Washington, the University system, all the power nodes of society -- energy, commerce, international trade, military, etc. -- would be headed by people in their 20s. Smart people selected rigorously and fairly, but young,

They would bring their creativity, their will to survive, their vibrant life force which starts to ebb when people get older. Fresh ideas, dynamic attitudes, and youthful idealism....what's not to like?

Plus, the new generation, 20s and below, is much more spiritual than the olders, who are merely religious and cling to outward forms. The 20somethings are spiritual seekers who can bring fresh and innovative new life to tired old religion, bringing in a breath of fresh air in culture and the arts, too!

We need change bad, but a 40-year-old tired-looking old man who is corrupt from skeezing around in the Chicgo dirty political system is not "Change." His daughters....maybe!

Who is with me! Youthquake!

Who is with me??

You actually make a good argument in many ways ... but unfortunately your username sums up the overriding problem with your suggestion in equally as many ways

Woody

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
First off my post is my personal rant which is an age old debate that will never end.
Second please feel free to point out any facts to dispute my rantings, like a good comedian, or a car with character.
(character means distintive trait) which I ment in a distintive look not gas saving.
As for advertising , everything is a joke, and it's not funny,the focus is not on the product or service.
And as far as athletes there are execptions but they are few and far between.
Now music, that again is my opinion. And I realize music is not just a beat and lyrics, it has always been an expression of the times and always will.
Communication ? Please don't get me started there.!
I personally install every type of equipment that lets you talk on the phone, page, text, watch cable, satellite and use the internet , the new generation has become lazy and dependant on communication. Same as my generation did with driving instead of walking.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us." Charles Bukowski

If only...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Oh crap! Is school out already?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Justaposter

Blah blah blah, take your metamucil and shaddap.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ok, people it's time to be real. We all know that the common person has no real power in this country. The few people that hold the real power would never let the youth have power unless it's their own child. There is a secret elite group that runs this country. It's not a generation thing. Don't be mad at a generation for messing up; it's the intentional plan of said group that's held power for at least the past 100 years.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Who is with me??

LMAO!

If we screwed it up, we did it when we were 20-30, the same age as you. Why do you think you can do better when you folks can't even make change without a calculator and still screw up a hamburger and french fry order? I needed a laugh for the day. Thanks

PS Does your mom know you are playing on the 'puter?
edit on 13-5-2011 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join