It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teleportation from the Astral Plane?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by afw2121

The meaning of the number 7 becomes useless in nonduality because the observer learns to recognize the all in everything, or vice versa. 7 is just seven, seven is everything. I am the seven. Therefor the seven does not exist because i am.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

WoWo.... Your are out there. Seven or 7 is a real number. Don't get scientific or philosophical on me. Let's not have a debate on the number seven on ATS. I am just saying 7 is a number and yes, we can add numbers equal to 7: 5+2=7. That is it. It has nothing to do with this thread other than being a number. It may be important somehow. However, I am sure that alot of things add to 7 that are important. Lets just leave it at that. It is just 7.

I do not mean to be insulting to you.

edit on 13-5-2011 by afw2121 because: na

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by afw2121

well since your not understanding even in the slightest i guess i will drop it for the sake of the thread.

even though this goes in line with my argument vs bullcrap astral plane experiences.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The problem with your thesis is the "only", as if numbers were "only"...You realize you wouldnt be able to use a computer right now if it werent for mans manipulation of the concept of "number"..This miraculous world civilization has created is thanks to the power of number.....

Pre-civilized man didnt appreciate this phenomonon and thus nothing became of him. But the first men - the proto-sumerians - their appreciation of the concept of number enabled them to build a world...

Number is everything, of course outside the other half of things, which is "non-duality". What you fail to understand is that true infinity encompasses even the possibility of finitude and limitation. Limitation exists because the "universe" wills it to be so. So, then, the universe involves both parts; number ie; multiplicity, and monism.

The ancients acknowledge 3 special numbers outside of 1. They are 3, 7 and 12. These are the 22 letters of the Hebrew alphabet. The 3 "mother letters" which create the concepts of thesis/antithesis and synthesis, something integral to a finite universe. 7 of course appears in the colour and music spectrum; as 7 colors diffused through a prism and 7 basic notes in the traditional musical scale (Do,Re,Mi,Fa,So,La,Ti). 7 continents (and if you understand the significance of each 'sefirah' - or archetypal dynamic- you will see how flawless these correspondences are) 7 planets visible to the human eye (planet of course means "wandering star" ie; they "move" like the emotions)...and 12 for the "elementals". Basic building blocks which are experiencd as apart of the psyche and projected into this world as the 12 houses of the zodiac, and 12 months of the year... There are deep reasons behind these numerical dvisions.

It is tremendously important the world of "dality", as you put it. This is precisely why it was the western world - and not the eastern one absorbed in their ideas of nonduality - that is responsible for the wonders of the modern technological age. For one, the Abrahamic traditions emphasized a monotheism, an interconnection between all aspects of reality, and two, it validated the existence of the temporal sphere; this world of matter, as being apart of this greater unity.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Thank you for dropping it (I am dropping it too after this post). I am sure 7 has nothing to do with the post and it is not worth arguing over. Let the Astral Plane Forum be.
edit on 13-5-2011 by afw2121 because: Astral Plane

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

everything exist in nothing bro, non duality is understanding that everything is the all.

are you a seven?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Okay if the number 7 allows me to the Astral World.... how do I turn it on? Do I just think of the number 7 in my head?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Talk about outside of the box! Great thinking OP, I never thought of this before.

I'm sure it would take a great deal of concentration, maybe more than we can actually manage without snapping back into our bodies, well I should speak for myself. I've astraled a few times before, and I always feel a sense of unstability while I'm out. Even shutting and opening a wooden door up to about 10 times back to back will return me into my body. I can't imagine teleporting my body lol.

Btw, thats what happened in my last astral. I kept playing with a door, waste of time and energy! Lol.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
surely there are more knowledgable people, those who project on a regular basis, study the phenomenon on Astral projection who can wade into this discussion

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
To save starting a new thread, I had my first got using binaural beats last night, and i've got to say, what a strange experience. I didn't project, but I noticed at some point during the "excercise" i felt a tugging sensation, twice, from my solar plexus, it was a upwards tug. Very strange. I also noticed noticed that with my eyes closed, i was begining to see a brightish blue light, as if i light was begining to filter through without opening my physical eyes. Definatly excited about that, as its the furthest i've progressed in a long time

The binaural beats from from an app i downloaded for my iphone, and I can't wait to try it again

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Binaural beats are a great way to speed up the process, many visions and much enlightenment comes out of meditation with binaural. Keep working with it and once you are able to astral project with the beats try it without them. Also, remember while you are listening to the beats do not focus on them. This will cloud your mind, let the beats flow through your mind and clear any thoughts.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't know about this one. However I'm a Christian have heard of a story that treasurer for a major evangelical church in the 70s was banished from the church for practicing the occult. Apparently he was caught reporting some how to Peru from America ill try and find a source for you.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Apparently he was caught reporting some how to Peru from America ill try and find a source for you.

I am assuming you meant "teleporting", just thought id interject so we were all on the same page. sounds interesting though, ill be looking for the link.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Ok my grandmother gave me the story. His name is Robert Schuller and pastors the Crystal Cathedral. I'll try and find a legitimate source other than my word. But if you want to snoop around that's his info
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join