It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all these biblical forecasts of the end...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
hey "the bible says the worlds gonna end in 73 days" people...

why all the doom and gloom? i mean...the bible was filled with love. did Jesus run around saying "we're all gonna die!!! we're all gonna die!!!"? NO.

i'd like to see walls of massive bible quotes talking about the love that the bible preaches. where's the love Jesus spoke of? why do y'all always focus on the hell fire and brimstone? what are you afraid of?

it's annoying... stop already.

edit on 5/15/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: profanity removed

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
damn right. Some parts of the bible in my opinion are more symbolic for the internal changes of humans. A spiritual evolution of sorts. The earth will change because the people will change. The ones that don't will of course subsequently kill themselves off for good.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

The ones that don't will of course subsequently kill themselves off for good.

Let's hope so.....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Nah, they typically just "recalculate" and push back the end of the world a few years or so.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Actually, the world's suppose to end next Saturday (May 21).

That is, if you're in the Camping camp!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Even if it were true, what is anyone supposed to do about it? Other than saying goodbye to family and friends? Are people really that closed off from their loved ones that they're afraid of dying without having that final goodbye? If Heaven is their goal, as well as that of those they care about, won't they just meet up when all is said and done?

I understand that the idea of the world ending, and would it could possibly entail, but everyone running around and freaking out isn't going to solve anything.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ill agree... sort of.

You have just as many New age, metaphysical, American Indian, Edgar Cayce, Nostradamus etc etc etc

oops don't forget the Mayans.

Im not bashing your rant I feel the same about other topics as well however if you sit back and look take your pick theres prolly "too many" of nearly every topic you can come up with.

More reptilian videos IMO or really ugly news casters and odd camera effects.

Stay strong.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

The world's been doomed to end from the moment it was conceived.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

The world's been doomed to end from the moment it was conceived.

Yes, you are correct. The only problem is, nobody knows exactly when the end will come, so live everyday like its your last.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has put in his own authority.

Mathew 24:36 "But the day and hour no one knows.not even the angels in heaven,but my Father only.

Source = Holy Bible...

The bible has not... did not... say in any size shape or form that the world will end or the rapture will happen on 5-21-11

Christians arent going around screaming this...
I am christian and I don't believe that BS Harold said for one second...
no other christian I know is believing this..

but lunatics are... Harold Camping inspired lunatics...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Where does the bible say the world is going to end in 73 days?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

The Bible doesnt say that anywhere...

But This Idiot Right Here Is the One Responsible For Saying It, NOT The Bible.

edit on 5/13/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

It's not that the bible says 73 days or any amount of days. That was a random number. I'm just saying I'm getting damned tired of seeing giant walls of text, all quoted scriptures about "the end" and correlations to current signs.

The world needs love...not possible bad news. Where are the giant walls talking about how much jesus you. How God just wants you to be happy?

Why do they focus on the negative and copy and paste what they saw on some southern baptist website about the end?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

Why do they focus on the negative and copy and paste what they saw on some southern baptist website about the end?

If this "southern baptist" part of this post is referring to Harold Camping, the guy that started the May21st poo, you are mistaken.

Camping is not Southern Baptist, he isn't even southern. His entire setup is ran from California where his "family radio" program comes from. That's not saying that some of this followers were not Southern Baptist at some point, but he is not. Actually according to his teachings people should leave their churches and just study the bible and pray. He believes and teaches that the modern church is ran by Satan.

He has been wrong before and soon he will be wrong again.

I just can not wait for the date to pass, ATS has been spammed with people posting May21 threads for months now.

Is there any ATS member that believes this guy?

new topics

top topics

join