It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul To Announce 2012 Candidacy Friday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
uselectionnews.org...

According to a post from the candidate hopefuls Facebook Page, Texas Representative Ron Paul will announce his candidacy for the 2012 Republican Presidential Nomination on Friday, during a speech at the Exeter Town Hall in New Hampshire, after an appearance during the 7AM broadcast of ABC’s “Good Morning America”. He will also offer live-streaming of his announcement on his website.

uselectionnews.org...

thats tomorrow folks sorry for beating people to the punch.

paul will have an uphill battle from the get go from the right propping up the status quo republicans for what i use to be and maybe still am somewhat and the financial burden of what his run will entail.

i have been looking and looking for a long time for someone that i would feel ok with to get behind.

the past few months my opinion of paul has changed quite of bit that the statues quo and the democrats and republicans have given me pause to stop and revaluate what is best for this country.

this country is going to hell in a handbasket tout de suite is paul the answer to the countries problems or have our problems become to great for anyone man or one term or two terms presidents?

the fact of the matter remains it is going to take decades to set straight what has gone wrong the problems facing this country have been decades in the making.

all i can say is god save the republic cause we sure as hell cant.

all comments and thoughts welcome

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Isn't there some issue with him ever getting elected due to his independent status? Or has this changed?

I thought even if he is voted for by majority, he will lose or something to that effect by the electoral votes.

edit on 5/12/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't see him having any chance of winning. Democrats won't vote for him because he's "republican" and most republicans won't vote for him because he is too liberal. I'm going to vote for him anyway though.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I was going to support him.

But I refuse to vote for him as he is supported by David Duke[KKK member]

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well I was starting to think this way as well, but ........

Yes there's a few buts to this, and one of them is that he has made himself a Republican. This tells me Paul represents no great positive change anymore. I feel he has made himself part of the Oligarchy that continues to have a choke hold on the US.

TWBU

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I thought he basically already said he was going to run when he showed up at the debate last week.

Guess I was wrong.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I got a e-mail from RP today (I've pasted below). He says a historic and exciting day, but I already saw him the the Republican debates. I am a bit confused. Why would this be a historic and exciting day when he has already said he was running.

Tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m. EST I will be appearing live from New Hampshire on ABC's Good Morning America.

I just wanted to write you a quick note to ask you, if at all possible, to tune in to Good Morning America for an exciting announcement.

And after the show I will be heading to historic Exeter, NH for a Liberty Rally. It should be an exciting morning!

The rally will take place at the Exeter Town Hall at 10:00 a.m. EST. And I am told there may be one or two media outlets covering this live.

Thank you for all your support and I hope you will tune in tomorrow for what I believe will be an historic and exciting day.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hazey

Any republican who claims Ron Paul is "too liberal" should check their facts. He has the most conservative voting record in congress since 1937 and is an unwavering defender of the constitution. Some may attempt to claim his opposition to the wars on drugs and terror are liberal stances but they would be sorely mistaken - he opposes them because they are unconstitutional - liberals don't tend to fret about the constitution unfortunately. I'm glad to hear he's got your vote!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuceizBack

You won't support the man because a "bad guy" also likes him? Please tell me you weren't serious, because I already don't have much faith in the American people.

I am glad to hear this, and figured this would be coming after I watched how well the 5/5/11 debate went. This time around I think Dr. Paul has a much better chance in the popular vote, but it will still be a battle to win the GOP nomination and so on.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
To address the question posted by a couple of you about his presidential announcement - in the past few weeks he launched a "presidential exploratory committee" to gauge interest and support before making a final decision on running. Tomorrow he is expected to make an official announcement.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konah

I am glad to hear this, and figured this would be coming after I watched how well the 5/5/11 debate went. This time around I think Dr. Paul has a much better chance in the popular vote, but it will still be a battle to win the GOP nomination and so on.

If he wins the Republican nomination, I have high hopes he will win the presidency. I just changed from "Independent" to "Republican" (as much as I hated that) so that I can vote for him in the primary.

All it took was a google search then going to my county's Supervisor of Elections website, downloaded the form, signed it and mailed it in.

Our liberty as Americans is at stake here.

Ron Paul is a statesman with integrity. He will be attacked relentlessly in the media. It's already begun here on ATS. But, if the American public really begins to grasp the severity of the problems that now face us as a nation and begins to comprehend the sinister direction in which we are being lead the Dr. Paul wil be elected.

edit on 12-5-2011 by robyn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by robyn
All it took was a google search then going to my county's Supervisor of Elections website, downloaded the form, signed it and mailed it in.

Good point. You have to be a registered Republican to vote for him in the Primary.
So if your are a Democrat and you would like to see Ron Paul as a president, register as a Republican and vote for him in the primary, if he does not win the primary, you can still vote for the Democrat president when the time comes. You may not like everything he says, but I believe with all my heart that he is an honest man, and he is not driven by self interest.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I am sorry to be so blunt abnout the issue. Its Ron Paul or bust! okay. Really though look at the current state of the world. Know one is gonna step forward that you haven;t seen before that is not a globalist controled puppet okay. It s not that hard to see. honestly

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Go through the people you know already. Mitt Romeny he can;t beat the ghost of health care past. Newt gangrich the republican version of Bill clinton. Tim pawlenty supported cap n' trade. "everybody makes mistakes" and who in the world is mitch daniels?? Sarah Palin do I even need to say? And Donald trump Well now that the brith dertificate issue isn;t around anymore he seems to run aground.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konah

Originally posted by DuceizBack

You won't support the man because a "bad guy" also likes him? Please tell me you weren't serious, because I already don't have much faith in the American people.

He also has a hand full of racist quotes, racist statements, and such.
This time around.. I just rather not vote.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Modern academia also has one floating around.

how many threads are going to cover this?
edit on 5/13/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Still on the fence about Ron Paul. But given the current options, I would vote for him in a heart beat .

top topics

join