Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

One Man Protest, halts 4 Million people.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie

Originally posted by wagtail
I'm in Sydney, and my company was hampered by the traffic created by this guys protest.

We listen to Triple M and we love it!

I support and applaud his right to protest...
I don't think society does it enough anymore. And I mean individually.
Stuff the idiots who group together with their pack mentality to protest- safety in numbers etc I understand more voices = more attention sometimes but still, Mick stood up for something he believed in and his voice may have been drowned out and overwhelmed by the beeps and snarls of angry commuters but it was carried and heard by people open to his message.
And if that's what it takes in this day and age than that's what it takes.

I wish I had his courage.

Let's not confuse terrorism with individual free speech. You don't have to be a terrorist to understand how modern society has driven every day people to desperation.

Thanks wagtail, it's good to see someone else gets it!

I agree thanks! These are the types of protests that matter and have actual meaning. That's why they want you to get permits so you don't block traffic and make people take notice.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

The title of your thread was about the protester, but no one has commented about the message, the meaning for the protest in the first place. So I will. When I became separated, the children were thrown for a loop. It was the beginning of a nightmare that never ended, for half of us. Had the school been supportive it would have helped, but no, the teachers singled them out in front of the class and instead of kindness, they showed exasperation to the little ones and to me. I sure do sympathize with him, because all the love in the world you can have for them is not always sufficient to help them face things they go through.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have nothing but admiration for this man. He's obviously so frustrated with the system DOCS (department of child services) that he felt this was the only way to be heard and maybe actually get some sort of resolution to whatever problems he was having with this farce of a department.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by Jomina

The title of your thread was about the protester, but no one has commented about the message, the meaning for the protest in the first place. So I will. When I became separated, the children were thrown for a loop. It was the beginning of a nightmare that never ended, for half of us. Had the school been supportive it would have helped, but no, the teachers singled them out in front of the class and instead of kindness, they showed exasperation to the little ones and to me. I sure do sympathize with him, because all the love in the world you can have for them is not always sufficient to help them face things they go through.

The message he has is not the point of the thread. The point of the thread is to show that YOU yes YOU as an individual can make a difference. YOU as an individual CAN be heard. You just need to speak loudly enough.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

The way you're carrying on, one would think that he threw his children off the bridge.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
4 Million? wtf?

He came down before 7am... now, surely if you wanted maximum exposure you'd stay up there until 10am.

Peakhour hasnt really kicked off at 7am..

I still managed to get across the water from North Sydney to the CBD, i just walked 10minutes to the ferry.

one thing I did notice was the ferry terminals were really quiet.. I think people used it as an excuse to come in late (IE my boss)

But.. good for him, his message will definately be heard.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by kjburto

I don't care if he has the best of intentions.

He says he has equipment that can endanger innocent lives so they better close the bridge or someone could get hurt. Sounds like the ultimatiums terroists have used in the past.

I hope this guy gets one to the head, but I will settle for life in prison.

There in lies the misunderstandings that cause the problems we deal with daily. This is NOT a threat, this is merely a man who is sick and tired of the crap that everyone wants to change and was asking the bridge be closed because he was WORRIED that if it was not....some of his equipment would cause harm to those that were using the bridge.

But no...the only thing it could be is an ultimatium???

Closed minded sheep following their conditioning are just as much a problem as the unfair treatment one receives from TPTB. People....WAKE UP!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Ah the good old excuse for a Friday morning sleep in. It's the Australian way!! lol But yes, his voice is now being heard.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Which brings me to my point. Nobody really has the 'nads to stand up anymore. It grinds my gears reading threads on here day after day with keyboard warriors telling the world from the safety of anonymity behind an avatar and a computer screen that "they are sick of the government" or they are sick of this or that, yet they slip back into their almost comatose state of apathy almost immediately after. If people want change, they have to make it happen themselves.

I'm an American, and can only speak about America.

In any situation there is a point where the opportunity is missed. If you are lucky, you can create a new opportunity. In the USA, we have passed opportunity after opportunity to stop the creation of a system that is self defeating. Now, whether someone does something or not, it is futile.

There is passive resistance, legislative action and armed violence. They have positioned the system to where no matter what action is taken, they can use it to only strengthen their position.

Assuming that the people could 'take back' the system, the masses are conditioned, misled, uninformed, or simply unwilling to restore the Nation to it's intended purpose. Even in losing, TPTB win.

This model has been used by the Global Elite to do the same thing. This Aussie guy is just in his Anger phase of accepting the reality in which we live.

We are about to reach a point on this planet, naturally or engineered, where we destroy as vast majority of life and civilization, and/or become total slaves. And by slaves, I mean in the literal sense, not the 'I work and pay taxes and can't get ahead in life' slave.

I personally hope all of humanity gets wiped out, as I think we had our shot and blew it. We missed out opportunity. It's time to let the rest of the planet move on.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I'm not sure where Becoming is posting from. (country location)

This is not an attack, I understand your point of view.

Allow me to clarify my position on this "love in" for dear ol' Mick.

Australia, so far (touch wood) has not been saturated with the fear mongering rhetoric so predominant in US/UK media.

Yes, we have been touched by tragedy and terror, but we have not been spoon fed the constant barrage of dob in thy neighbour and ever present security or police state propaganda...
(not for lack of trying I think)
I'm speaking so broadly at the moment that I guess this little speech could be entirely misconstrued but what I'm trying to say is -
the Aussie spirit has not been crushed - the voice of Anzac, battler and independence is still recognized in this relatively young nation and people here know that sometimes when your mate's going through a bit of a sh!tfight with the 'system' he might crack it!

end of pompous lecture.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

So what are you saying? Oh, everything is just too hard so I'll give up? Nobody is going to help me so I'll just stick my head in the sand? There is always a fighting chance. Why give up so easily?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

It is what it is. Its like standing in a mine field knowing no matter where you step, you will be blown up. You have three options.

One: Stand around until you physically can't support yourself and fall over towards your demise.

Two: Decide not to wait for it and jump knowing your going to be worm food.

Three: Yell out for help (Religion or ETs)

I don't see the third happening, so if you wanna go out in a blaze of glory, go for it. I'd rather milk the last few bits of joy from what is left in this surreal existence.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I respect you and your opinion, but I am glad the world isn't completely full of passivists as yourself.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Four
On hands and knee's crawling, slowly, ensuring every grain of sand is investigated.

You will get out... but you might not make it out in time for Tea.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I appreciate your courtesy in the matter.

I was once like you. In fact it wasn't long ago. As many of my posts on ATS will attest, I was ready to bring the fight to them. It wasn't until I was able to better survey the situation and gather all the evidence that I realized what the reality of things was.

Some people never discover this truth, and they maintain the fight. It warms my heart to see it, although I know it is all in vain. There is no where left to run on this plant. There is no undiscovered country that we can escape our persecutions for. I encourage you to read the thread I wrote on the subject, listed in my signature, for a better understanding.

I have had two avatars here on ATS. The first was comical and fun. As I educated myself on the topics that you only see discussed in places like ATS, and the reality and rage set in, I changed to what you see now. I figure it is fitting that I don't change it, as it embodies where I am more so now than before. The beat and wounded older man, part of the battle but not the fight. I will continue to beat the drum of what is right and should be, and support those who wish to fight, but there is no point for me to.

My signature has read until recently a quote from the revolution.

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." -- Captain John Parker, Commander of the Lexington Militia, 1775

You may win some battles, but if you do, know that is only so they can better position themselves to win the war.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
If we all would do this we could end this rule of evil and madness over us.

As someone who crosses the bridge daily, and endured hours of being stuck in traffic, I think his protest will do nothing but backfire on him from pissed off commuters and Sydneysiders who know that our bridge is a potential terrorist target and it worries us when someone can slip through security like that.

I'm all for protests, however, the bridge is our pride and joy in Sydney, and we have had terrorism fears for it since sep 11. We spend 2.1 million dollars of tax payers money on security since 911 as this iconic structure has been listed in terrorist plots that have been uncovered.

I don't like a local giving anyone ideas how to do it. The only thing I see can come out of this, is not this guys protest being heard, rather, as a local who looks at the bridge everyday, I know they will review the security to make accessing the bridge even worse, and it may lead to even worse congestion for us than we already have to deal with.

ETA: what i mean is already all anyone can report about is the security fears for the bridge, no one is really mentioning what he was protesting about...... moot protest

edit on 13-5-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

I appreciate your courtesy in the matter.

I was once like you. In fact it wasn't long ago. As many of my posts on ATS will attest, I was ready to bring the fight to them. It wasn't until I was able to better survey the situation and gather all the evidence that I realized what the reality of things was.

Some people never discover this truth, and they maintain the fight. It warms my heart to see it, although I know it is all in vain. There is no where left to run on this plant. There is no undiscovered country that we can escape our persecutions for. I encourage you to read the thread I wrote on the subject, listed in my signature, for a better understanding.

I have had two avatars here on ATS. The first was comical and fun. As I educated myself on the topics that you only see discussed in places like ATS, and the reality and rage set in, I changed to what you see now. I figure it is fitting that I don't change it, as it embodies where I am more so now than before. The beat and wounded older man, part of the battle but not the fight. I will continue to beat the drum of what is right and should be, and support those who wish to fight, but there is no point for me to.

My signature has read until recently a quote from the revolution.

"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." -- Captain John Parker, Commander of the Lexington Militia, 1775

You may win some battles, but if you do, know that is only so they can better position themselves to win the war.

It's a little funny you see, I am quite the opposite. I used to be the passivist, taking every piece of crap I got from other people, always letting people walk over me, and never standing up for myself, or what I believe in. But now I do. ! won't sit in the corner unnoticed anymore.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

As someone who crosses the bridge daily, and endured hours of being stuck in traffic, I think his protest will do nothing but backfire on him from pissed off commuters and Sydneysiders who know that our bridge is a potential terrorist target and it worries us when someone can slip through security like that.

I'm all for protests, however, the bridge is our pride and joy in Sydney, and we have had terrorism fears for it since sep 11. We spend 2.1 million dollars of tax payers money on security since 911 as this iconic structure has been listed in terrorist plots that have been uncovered.

I don't like a local giving anyone ideas how to do it. The only thing I see can come out of this, is not this guys protest being heard, rather, as a local who looks at the bridge everyday, I know they will review the security to make accessing the bridge even worse, and it may lead to even worse congestion for us than we already have to deal with.

ETA: what i mean is already all anyone can report about is the security fears for the bridge, no one is really mentioning what he was protesting about...... moot protest

edit on 13-5-2011 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

Well, I'm not too sure what news you've been watching but it's been made quite clear he was protesting DOCS, and what he feels to be a flawed system. Maybe it's a good thing if he has shown this hole in security, just makes it safer in case of your fear mongered terrorist attack.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Yes terrorism is a lie, will never happen
ur right its all fear mongering.
yawn.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Which brings me to my point. Nobody really has the 'nads to stand up anymore. It grinds my gears reading threads on here day after day with keyboard warriors telling the world from the safety of anonymity behind an avatar and a computer screen that "they are sick of the government" or they are sick of this or that, yet they slip back into their almost comatose state of apathy almost immediately after. If people want change, they have to make it happen themselves.

Sometimes I think they should rename this site to have-a-winge.com.

And you are doing what exactly? Let me guess, you are sitting at your keyboard leaving messages on boards whilst doing nothing in the real world, can you say the word hypocrisy...

It is alright sitting here complaining about people doing nothing when you are doing nothing yourself, if YOU are not prepared to act then why should anyone else? Don't get me wrong, you are right nothing will get done while people just sit around and complain, but you can't call others out on it while you yourself are doing nothing

Having said that, good OP and thanks for bringing it to our attention sadly nothing will come of it, by next week it will be forgotten, we have similar stunts here from a group called Fathers4Justice, they perform high profile stunts, often dressed in costume to get media attention, and it works, for a day or two at least, but although this has been going on since 2003 they have actually not made any difference or changed any laws/ And that is why you have apathy.

Fathers 4 Justice was founded in the UK by Matt O'Connor, a marketing consultant and father.[1] Following separation from his wife in 2000, O'Connor became a prominent critic of UK family law after a court barred him from seeing his young sons outside of a contact centre. F4J's stated aim is to champion the cause of equal parenting, family law reform and equal contact for divorced parents with children. It is well-known for its campaigning techniques of dramatic protest stunts, usually dressed as comic book superheroes and frequently scaling public buildings, bridges and monuments. Stunts have included supporters storming courts dressed in Father Christmas outfits, clapping the Government's ‘Children’s Minister’ in handcuffs, and most notably group member Jason Hatch climbing onto Buckingham Palace dressed as Batman. They have also protested by handcuffing two government ministers.[2] Fathers 4 Justice founded branches in the Netherlands and Canada in 2004, and in the USA and Italy during 2005, and in Germany during December 2006. On 19 February 2009 Jamil Jabr, president of F4J and Families 4 Justice USA, resigned. F4J directors unanimously voted long-time member and activist Donald Tenn to the position of President and Secretary. The Greek Professor Nicolas Spitalas (spitalas.blogspot.com...) formed the F4J in Greece - Thessaloniki (www.sos-sygapa.eu...) who between 2004 and 2009 provoked many activities and demonstrations in Greece.

Source

Unless you get mass protests in the streets, almost mob rule the government will just ignore you or anyone else, the individual is not recognised by government, and governments know full well how fickle people are, today's news is tomorrows anecdote, and without revolution any change will be very slow to happen if happens at all, besides governments don't have time to change things for us, they are far to busy working for the corporations and bankers to even notice us.

But anyway, back on point, you can't call others for being armchair warriors while all along you are just the same

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join