It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Man Protest, halts 4 Million people.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
It seems to me that a lot of people have something to say, but nobody actually wants to be heard. This one man, known (at the moment) only as Mick, this morning staged a one man, peaceful protest so he could be heard. And now all of Australia is listening to him through interviews being played on news networks. Imagine what we could accomplish if we all took a stand against what we believe is wrong. Mick was arrested, but as legion, we are many.

Man arrested after Bridge chaos Updated: 08:25, Friday May 13, 2011 The Sydney Harbour Bridge has been reopened after a man climbed on top to make a protest. The man was arrested just before 7am (AEST), police said. The protest threw the city into traffic chaos as police, concerned for his welfare, closed the vital arterial to all traffic and public transport. The man, who has called a number of media outlets to voice his protest, used ropes to make his climb and unfurl two pink and white banners reading, 'plz help my kids' and 'kids first'. The man, who said he was 'ex-military', spoke to Triple M radio. 'There are systematic fails in both federal and state governments .... the police and also the school systems that are letting our children down. And the children don't have a voice,' the man told Triple M radio. He said 'there is a major failure in the fact that there's no-one looking after our kids when parents separate and divorce.' 'I've been pushed and pushed and pushed. I'm not just doing this for me, I'm doing this for my kids.' The man said he has equipment which could cause dangers to commuters, so left a note with his truck to close the bridge. He is waiting to speak with police in order to see some 'policy changes.' NSW Transport had advised commuters to delay their departure from home or expect major delays.

www.skynews.com.au/topstories/article.aspx?id=612208&vI d=2399830&cId=Top%20Stories

edit on 12/5/2011 by just_julie because: Just fixing the link.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

The man said he has equipment which could cause dangers to commuters, so left a note with his truck to close the bridge.

This sounds more like a threat than a protest.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
An inspiring reminder that each individual can make a difference!

As long as his motives are pure and not criminal of course.

Thanks.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If we all would do this we could end this rule of evil and madness over us.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

The man said he has equipment which could cause dangers to commuters, so left a note with his truck to close the bridge.

He was probably doing the right thing by doing that, blocking the bridge himself as to not cause accidents from passing motorists being distracted by him, or perhaps some of the climbing equipment he had on the bridge.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

It's still a protest. Some times voices aren't loud enough and it's looking that way now. I don't condone violence in any fashion, but I am not everyone and some people will get pushed to far. Everyone reacts differently. Don't label the guy just for what he said but look at why he said it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
If we all would do this we could end this rule of evil and madness over us.

Which brings me to my point. Nobody really has the 'nads to stand up anymore. It grinds my gears reading threads on here day after day with keyboard warriors telling the world from the safety of anonymity behind an avatar and a computer screen that "they are sick of the government" or they are sick of this or that, yet they slip back into their almost comatose state of apathy almost immediately after. If people want change, they have to make it happen themselves.

Sometimes I think they should rename this site to have-a-winge.com.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kjburto

I don't care if he has the best of intentions.

He says he has equipment that can endanger innocent lives so they better close the bridge or someone could get hurt. Sounds like the ultimatiums terroists have used in the past.

I hope this guy gets one to the head, but I will settle for life in prison.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kjburto

I don't know why he said it. The article does not give that information. For all I know he believes Nibiru is coming.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by kjburto

He says he has equipment that can endanger innocent lives so they better close the bridge or someone could get hurt. Sounds like the ultimatiums terroists have used in the past.

I can't believe you are comparing this guy to a terrorist....
He obviously left the note with good intentions so nobody accidentally got hurt. It wasn't a threat. More like, an OHS safety sign!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

reply to post by kjburto

Really?

Maybe he had a ladder to climb up there with and knew it would get in the way of cars... or scaffolding or something, even.

Talk about ridiculous statements full of vitriol and hatred. How ANYONE can wish ANYONE dead just gets me every time I hear someone say it.

Isn't that EXACTLY why the world is as freaking dark and messed up as it is?

edit on 12-5-2011 by Jomina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

reply to post by kjburto

Really??? Just shoot them in the head then ask the questions. The guy was probably talking about his climbing gear and signs. He left a note for safety reasons. So do you think he should have got a permit to protest?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie

reply to post by kjburto

He obviously left the note with good intentions so nobody accidentally got hurt. It wasn't a threat. More like, an OHS safety sign!!

So if I left a note stating that I'm staging a protest at a busy intersection and that I have the equipment to harm a bunch of people so you better shut it down, then I'm in the clear because I left a note?

I guess all those people who are blowing up cars in Iraq are in the right also because they plainly said that if we don't leave they will kill innocents.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I'm in Sydney, and my company was hampered by the traffic created by this guys protest.

We listen to Triple M and we love it!

I support and applaud his right to protest...
I don't think society does it enough anymore. And I mean individually.
Stuff the idiots who group together with their pack mentality to protest- safety in numbers etc I understand more voices = more attention sometimes but still, Mick stood up for something he believed in and his voice may have been drowned out and overwhelmed by the beeps and snarls of angry commuters but it was carried and heard by people open to his message.
And if that's what it takes in this day and age than that's what it takes.

I wish I had his courage.

Let's not confuse terrorism with individual free speech. You don't have to be a terrorist to understand how modern society has driven every day people to desperation.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie

reply to post by kjburto

So if I left a note stating that I'm staging a protest at a busy intersection and that I have the equipment to harm a bunch of people so you better shut it down, then I'm in the clear because I left a note?

I guess all those people who are blowing up cars in Iraq are in the right also because they plainly said that if we don't leave they will kill innocents.

There is:

I have the equipment to harm a bunch of people

Then there's:

I have equipment that could harm people

The note you left shows intent to harm someone and that is a threat.

This man who stated:

"This is a peaceful protest. It's to give a voice to little people," he said. "Most fathers or mothers that are victims of this sort of stuff have not got anyone to turn to.

"At the end of the day I have got the ability to stage a peaceful demonstration and make people stand up and pay attention."

Read more: www.news.com.au...

Probably made a statement like the 2nd choice posted above. That statement did not show intent to harm like yours did. It's pretty simple really and you would have shot him dead. I honestly hope you don't work at any law enforcement dept. protecting us.
edit on 12-5-2011 by kjburto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kjburto

Hey whatever man, I guess its ok as long as the message he has is the one you want to hear.

You guys continue on with your love fest of this guy, I'm getting out of bizzaro world while I can.

Hello.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagtail
I'm in Sydney, and my company was hampered by the traffic created by this guys protest.

We listen to Triple M and we love it!

I support and applaud his right to protest...
I don't think society does it enough anymore. And I mean individually.
Stuff the idiots who group together with their pack mentality to protest- safety in numbers etc I understand more voices = more attention sometimes but still, Mick stood up for something he believed in and his voice may have been drowned out and overwhelmed by the beeps and snarls of angry commuters but it was carried and heard by people open to his message.
And if that's what it takes in this day and age than that's what it takes.

I wish I had his courage.

Let's not confuse terrorism with individual free speech. You don't have to be a terrorist to understand how modern society has driven every day people to desperation.

Thanks wagtail, it's good to see someone else gets it!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

reply to post by kjburto

Hey whatever man, I guess its ok as long as the message he has is the one you want to hear.

You guys continue on with your love fest of this guy, I'm getting out of bizzaro world while I can.

Hello.

Too much reason and morality for you I understand. Have a great night!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

Americans are too complacent and brainwashed. They have all the tools right at their fingertips and won't use them. They've been told over and over again that it's the best country on earth and that things are much worse in other countries. So that means if every country on earth was as cr*ppy as Afghanistan but America was just a LITTLE better, we should just be greatfull and shut the h*ll up.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join