It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Cumbre Vieja Volcano from Canaires Island Blows ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
i hope it won't occur

thetruthbehindthescenes.wordpress.com...

edit on 12-5-2011 by keops because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
just seen it in england on sky news pretty much no coverage same as every major disaster
this is the begining wer not evenalligned until september the 27th and then thers gunna be trouble truth me iv researched

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It's like the pink elephant in the room that no one talks about. I don't like to think about it either because there is nothing anyone can do to prevent it. It's not a question of if the fractured volcanic island will break free but when (IMO). On the other hand though, the folks that weren't paying much attention to these geological threats are paying a wee bit more attention now.... that's for certain.

I do have to say that the whole"MSM is ignoring this" bit is getting old and tired.... as a topic it has it's own merit without the conspiracy aspect being tossed around as well. The OP could use a little more meat though.....

edit on 12-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would agree (that the OP needs a little more meat). YouTube is a source for everything and nothing, without at least some description us work surfers are not gonna click on in just to see another wild conspiracy speech that lasts 20 minutes, or have to read 10 posts further to find out if the video is worth the time.

SO when it is something that may be a real hazard, say something please...

Now I will go watch the video since I already read the thread and opened my big mouth just in case this is TSHTF. IF its not I'm coming back to whine some more.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Ok I came back to whine.

It could be TSHTF someday. Maybe tomorrow.

But not today.

(however there's good reason to close those east coast nuclear plants if this was not considered in their construction...I'm still watching TSHTF from Fukushima and down the Mississippi and across the South and it seems too many strange places)

If it blows tomorrow I will come back and give you a star.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

if it does blow, I hope you'll have time to come back ?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
600ft above sea level, I should make it back....but after being a smart mouth and logging off I turned around to the TV and they were talking about tsunami threats in the Atlantic areas from history...a little deja vu.

and an earthquake in Costa Rica today...they are moving that way, just has a few thousand miles to go...

You may get that star yet

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ok, even closer now, maybe even within 1000 miles...knowing my luck, since I got smart-mouthed, it will happen tomorrow.

I will go ahead and give the S&F just in case my internet is down...

Magnitude 6.0
Date-Time Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 13:08:12 UTC
Sunday, May 15, 2011 at 11:08:12 AM at epicenter

Location 0.461°N, 25.601°W
Depth 10 km (6.2 miles) set by location program
Region CENTRAL MID-ATLANTIC RIDGE
Distances 1276 km (793 miles) ENE (57°) from Natal, Brazil
1624 km (1009 miles) S (188°) from PRAIA, Cape Verde

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I remember watching a documentary about this a few years back. Can't remember if it was on the Discovery Channel or somewhere else but I *think* I recall them saying it could trigger a monster tsunami traveling at the speed of sound. New York would have a half hour's warning before the tsunami actually hit.

Estimated wave heights were incredible.

Frightening stuff.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
it would change the world forever thats for sure. I can't even imagine if a tsunami that size rolled across, say Florida where the entire state could get swamped and washed into the Gulf. along with dozens of islands from there to here.

Its easy for us to imagine that the world has been in some kind of blessed calm for the time it has taken for humanity to expand, and somehow those destructive events of history are the past and we are in some kind of new present, where these things won't happen.

Recently more and more see that these events are slow to progress, but they will happen. Always have, always will. And definitely, happening now.

And this island (thanks, OP, I did think), is prime example of an event that is occurring in slow motion, a trigger waiting for a twitchy finger. That is for sure.

20 posts. But I am still young and grasshopper is not ready to leave the compound.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If this thing does crash into the sea, we have a modern day Atlantis story. The quake will begin West of the Pillars of Hercules and will destroy an advanced civilization.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lakesidepark
I would agree (that the OP needs a little more meat). YouTube is a source for everything and nothing, without at least some description us work surfers are not gonna click on in just to see another wild conspiracy speech that lasts 20 minutes, or have to read 10 posts further to find out if the video is worth the time.

SO when it is something that may be a real hazard, say something please...

Now I will go watch the video since I already read the thread and opened my big mouth just in case this is TSHTF. IF its not I'm coming back to whine some more.

If you look at the massive debris on the ocean floor around all of those volcanic
islands you can see that all of them have done this before.

So the evidence is that it has happened several times before for one.

Also there are huge pieces of coral ripped up and lifted onto shore in the Bahamas.

And their is a giant fault running the length of the ridge that has slipped and slid
as one piece toward the ocean but luckily it stopped.

What will make it unstick is likely a further build up of water in the volcano and another
moderate to major eruption.

So on a geological time scale its not a matter of if, but when it will happen.

The US, South America and parts of Europe will be hit by this when it cuts loose.

46 minute full length documentary on it here:

Most ppl cannot conceive of an event that would dwarf the 2004 Asian tsunami.

edit on 18-6-2011 by Ex_MislTech because: context

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
When i started reading this thread i thought it might have begun. Your really got my heart going there OP. I saw the discovery channel programme about the volcano recently, pretty SHTF stuff without doubt. Im sure i read somewhere that it would hit parts of the UK as well.
However, i believe it said in the programme that it could happen tomorrow or in 200 years time, so there s no point in worrying really.

new topics

top topics

join