It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dream I Used To Have When I Was A Kid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hi, well this will be my first post on ATS and I just remembered this dream after seeing an avatar from an ATS member. Must have sparked my memory.. Anyways here is the dream.

When I was a kid I used to dream of swimming deep underwater and then turn upwards and swim as fast as I could to the top. I would leap from the water and jump high into the sky as if I was a dolphan or something. I dont remember when I started or stopped having this dream, but I find it very interesting.

Could anybody shead some light on what this possibily have ment? Or even similar experiances with this dream would be nice (Maybe would spark my memory of more information on the dream)

Thanks ATS,
Prod

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I too had a reacurring dream through my youth. Mine was very peaceful, it started with me running through a field and ending up in this very beautiful circle of trees with the most beautiful pool of water. There i would swim with these people I knew very well, but did not know. Everytime I had it I would wake up so relaxed. Last time I had it, which was many years ago, my field I had to run through was built up with houses and it was a very stressful situation just getting there. Strange! Just wanted to let you know that I can relate...I think water in a dream means emotion...I think of it often and wish I could return every now and then.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I had a reoccurring dream as a kid where I had to play hide and seek with a bunch of kids. the only thing is the one who was 'seeking' was a giant bigfoot type monster. and the kid who got the worst hiding spot was eaten. It sucked lol...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I believe dolphins are thought to be extremely spiritual animals. I think you may find this idea useful.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
I believe dolphins are thought to be extremely spiritual animals. I think you may find this idea useful.

Thank you. I am a very spiritual person.
2nd

Edit : With alittle reasearch I found this.
"To see a dolphin in your dream, symbolizes spiritual guidance, intellect, mental attributes and emotional trust*. The dream is usually an inspirational one, encouraging you to utilize your mind to its capacity and move upward in life*. Alternatively, it suggests that a line of communication has been established between the conscious and unconscious aspects of yourself. Dolphins represent your willingness and ability to explore and navigate through your emotions. "

*Describes my personality.
*Relates to the "swimming upward" part of the dream.

Thanks for the lead

edit on 14-5-2011 by prodftw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by prodftw

I used to always have dreams that someone would push me off skyscrapers or I would jump off and as I landed I would wake up feeling like I smashed into the ground. I know a lot of people experience "falling" dreams but mine happened all the time.

I don't know much about dolphins, but it sounds like a pretty cool dream. Makes me think of freedom or something. Who knows

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Avyuir
reply to post by prodftw

I used to always have dreams that someone would push me off skyscrapers or I would jump off and as I landed I would wake up feeling like I smashed into the ground. I know a lot of people experience "falling" dreams but mine happened all the time.

I don't know much about dolphins, but it sounds like a pretty cool dream. Makes me think of freedom or something. Who knows

Interesting dream, I used to have ones of myself falling down an empty elevator shaft.
You may find interesting, I also have a blue Aura..
Dolphins are blue.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
maybe you were a dolphin in your past life, or your body is telling you that it loves water

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinogur
maybe you were a dolphin in your past life, or your body is telling you that it loves water

I have always loved swimming. I'v always been able to hold my breathe longer than my friends.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
that is very interesting. sounds like fun
i want to be a dolphin =.=

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
That is a pretty interesting dream you had there. I believe that recurring childhood dreams have special meanings to us. We may not discover their meaning until we are older and wiser.

I'm not sure if this will help but I found the meaning of water in a dream to represent feelings and emotions when i did a search on Google. Oceans with waves represent chaotic emotions that may be hard to control. Calm lake water could mean peace and serenity.

I used to have a recurring dream where I could fly but it was kind of difficult to fly. I did it by swimming in the air... which is kind of weird because there was no water in my dreams but there was swimming in a way. I found it really hard to control my movements and I would often start drifting off into space. I also used to have this recurring dream as a child where I was an astronaut. For some reason the people who I was with had to leave me behind just floating around in space. It scared me because I knew I was going to eventually die because of lack of oxygen or starvation from not being able to find food just floating around in space. Who knows what those dreams mean or why I had them when I was a child.

Good luck with interpreting your dream.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by prodftw
Hi, well this will be my first post on ATS and I just remembered this dream after seeing an avatar from an ATS member. Must have sparked my memory.. Anyways here is the dream.

When I was a kid I used to dream of swimming deep underwater and then turn upwards and swim as fast as I could to the top. I would leap from the water and jump high into the sky as if I was a dolphan or something. I dont remember when I started or stopped having this dream, but I find it very interesting.

Could anybody shead some light on what this possibily have ment? Or even similar experiances with this dream would be nice (Maybe would spark my memory of more information on the dream)

Thanks ATS,
Prod

Although i think you are on the right path with your dolphin definition later in this thread...I was wondering....did you see yourself in this dream....as a human? I am asking this because i was thinking that maybe it might of been a past life memory. idk....but that was my immediate thought.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The only dream that always stuck out that i had when i was child and still does to this day because i just don't see why someone would dream something like that it had no sense of meaning or purpose to it that i can think of.

I would dream of Static....you know like when the tv doesn't come in but it wasn't on a television it was just plan and simple static....it was all i could see, and it has been so long since i have had it i can't remember if i would here it too.

I always found this odd to be a reoccurring dream!

My childhood i had a traumatic life altering event going on from ages of 5-13....but besides that for the most part it was a happy one.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie_lizzie79

Originally posted by prodftw

Thanks ATS,
Prod

Although i think you are on the right path with your dolphin definition later in this thread...I was wondering....did you see yourself in this dream....as a human? I am asking this because i was thinking that maybe it might of been a past life memory. idk....but that was my immediate thought.

Yes I saw myself as a human. I was not a dolphin in the dream. Although I swam the same way a dolphin does when they swim to the surface.
edit on 16-5-2011 by prodftw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Or maybe you played The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask way too much as a kid?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I remember being about 6 and being absolutely convinced I could fly. My dreams showed me hovering upright about 10 foot in the air. I was so convinced I would spend time jumping off the bed to try and hover, but I ended up getting frustrated that I couldn't perfect the technique I'd mastered in my dream. My parents said this 'phase' lasted about 6 months, but it stays very clear to me.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by prodftw

I used to dream that I was in this HUGE haunted house, and in the basement was a large pool with a dolphin in it. The water reflected the stars in the sky, even though it was in the basement.

Only time I have ever dreamed of dolphins.

But your dream made me think of this dream.

top topics

join