It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I don't understand how I cracked theology but this stuff scares the heck out of me. I just don't get it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I enjoyed reading this post.

and the things that you experienced in dreams are like so may others and gives credit to the possibilities that they are other realities

The fact that you dreamed about 2 distinctive characters and later met them is very credible. In those dreams, you went ahead into the future (going forward, faster than the speed of light)...

and again, that is what I believe deja-vu to be.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
reply to post by NorEaster

I am perfectly able to read everything in my dreams. From magazines articles to books.
Just saying.

And I believe everything that people post on this threads.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Think about it: the only thing that can travel faster than the speed of light is the speed of THOUGHT.

I can literally think my way into a vast distance much quicker than light can get there.

If thoughts travel 'faster than the speed of light'... then of what do they consist?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

ButterCookie~
I feel/think the exact same thing(s)!

and to be honest... I believe it is the only thing that can explain my dreams every night for the past 3-4 years.
For these past few years... I dream of the same place everynight. I wake up, and can go right back into them.
It is like "here".. yet different...
and I cannot dream of anything else for the past 3-4 years.
Every single night... without fail.... To the same place, with the same people *mostly*...
I could type pages on this stuff...

But i just want to give thanks for your thread!
It's appreciated... and you're not alone my friend.
Many thanks.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Think about it: the only thing that can travel faster than the speed of light is the speed of THOUGHT.

I can literally think my way into a vast distance much quicker than light can get there.

If thoughts travel 'faster than the speed of light'... then of what do they consist?

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Champagne wishes and caviar dreams.

go troll another thread

Troll

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Billions of brain cells called neurons, which use electricity to communicate with each other.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Billions of brain cells called neurons, which use electricity to communicate with each other.

Precisely. And that doesn't 'travel faster than the speed of light'.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Scientific research in this field says you are wrong..
and that thought does indeed travel faster than light.

Stop pretending like you know things.
Clearly you do not.

and if you don't care enough to do the research yourself.. then shut it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

The laws of physics, in both classical and quantum interpretations, says I'm correct.

You shouldn't tell people to "shut it" because they disturb your delusion. It's offensive, and has no place in mature discussion.

edit on 14-5-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Funny you should mention the language thing. I speak perfect Russian in my dreams. I do speak Russian, but not that well.

ButterCookie! Great thread btw. Interesting topic. I've often wondered if similar possibilities were true. Would that be considered time travel as well?

Dreams are certainly not 'just' dreams... not all of them anyway. Sure, maybe even most are just thoughts. Then there are those that come to pass.

At what point is it no longer coincidental?

Because a few of mine have, I am no longer able to accept any dream at face value therefore must acknowledge the possibility of a reality that exists far beyond the imagination.

edit on 15/5/11 by SlackOps because: ButterCookie!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Well......

I disagree.

Thoughts can be faster than the speed of light, methinks. Proof? Deja vus. That's what happens when you exceed the speed of light and make time twitch. You create a temporal disturbance, although highly localized in your brain, which is then interpreted by our intellect as a delay in a thought already conceived in the past. This makes us think we just had this thought, which we did. We registered the thought twice, once as the super-physical faster-than-light disturbance and once as pure physical information that our senses can register. This also explains why we have no idea that we just experienced a thought until we receive the information, because there's nothing to process the faster-than-light part. To make a simple analogy, think of spurious thoughts as superluminar phase.

I read an example using the sun....Let's say ( in some kind of a way) that you were able to live on the sun....while you are there, you think about home (Earth)...how long did that thought take?

But....

The time it takes for the light of the sun to reach Earth is 8 minutes.

Plus....

In physical terms, you are correct...Light would travel faster than the speed of thought.....however , we can observe brain activity on a macro scale, but it tells us nothing about the product of the activity of the neurons, and we are left with only being able to observe the side effects of the thought.

Example: Someone slaps you. Physically your eyes may blink and you may jerk backward a little, but your mind had to process the whole act of the slap before you even blinked your eyes.

Lastly, remember my main point that dreams are not THOUGHTS anyway....

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlackOps
reply to post by Zagari

Funny you should mention the language thing. I speak perfect Russian in my dreams. I do speak Russian, but not that well.

ButterCookie! Great thread btw. Interesting topic. I've often wondered if similar possibilities were true. Would that be considered time travel as well?

Dreams are certainly not 'just' dreams... not all of them anyway. Sure, maybe even most are just thoughts. Then there are those that come to pass.

At what point is it no longer coincidental?

Because a few of mine have, I am no longer able to accept any dream at face value therefore must acknowledge the possibility of a reality that exists far beyond the imagination.

edit on 15/5/11 by SlackOps because: ButterCookie!

I spoke about people realizing unknown talents in dreams.....fears are not the same, some people no longer have stage fright or are able to swim....plus it kinda seems like talents in dreams are technically done correctly, something that if you never knew how to do, you still are not able to just imagine it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

The laws of physics, in both classical and quantum interpretations, says I'm correct.

You shouldn't tell people to "shut it" because they disturb your delusion. It's offensive, and has no place in mature discussion.

Some people here have a hard time dealing with things that could prove that their logic is flawed.

reply to post by jessejamesxx

Yes, (tomorrow of course, off to dreamland I go!)

Still waiting.

I read an example using the sun....Let's say ( in some kind of a way) that you were able to live on the sun....while you are there, you think about home (Earth)...how long did that thought take?

But....

The time it takes for the light of the sun to reach Earth is 8 minutes.

So if we're living on the sun, and because we can think of earth pretty much instantly.. thought has traveled faster than light? Our brain waves travel to the earth and back? What kind of failed logic is that? Our brains are computers, and when you think of something, you recall it from your 'harddrive', within your brain. Your thoughts didn't travel far at all.

Plus.... In physical terms, you are correct...Light would travel faster than the speed of thought.....

If he's correct about that, then how did your first example make any sense?
edit on 16-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

because in physical term light is faster
but thought isn't exactly physical since others can't "see" it

just like a dream, it isn't physical
edit on 16-5-2011 by simonsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonsayz

Great point!! Dreams are physical in the parallel universe that they exist it, but no this one. That's why we think they are our imagination

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The physical movement of light and brain cells (neurons) if observed would indicate that light moves faster, but the actual thought (not just the physical evidence of one) traveled a tad bit quicker

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well,

I am white, but have dreamt I was black. I am a woman but have dreamt I was a man. I even dreamt once that I was a shampoo bottle that was on the wrong shelf. Now I am sure I was not a shampoo bottle in another universe.

The mind is a powerful thing. Some who are blind from birth only dream in sound. Others can see in their dreams.
Maybe one person thinks it is impossible even in a dream state to see, so they do not and the other one thinks all things are possible so they do.

I think not all dreams are created the same way. I had dreams where I lifetd out of my body in the dream that were VERY real. I was lucid, and could not change the scene. There are other lucid dreams I have had that I could change anything I want to, and could tell this was a dream, not real and have fun with it.

Not all dreams are created equal. Then there are the ones where I keep trying to wake up, I think I am awake until something happens and I realize I am not. This morning had one. Got out of bed, talking to daughter when on my floor there was a sit and spin just spinning by itself. I realized then this was dream and tried to wake up.
Did this three times. ... FINALLY woke up..... In those cases I think our brains get stuck,lol

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonsayz

I don't understand how that explains how thought is faster than light.

In a non-physical way it's faster than light? Is non-physical speed something we can measure? I don't think so..

Using that logic, it is unreasonable to say that it is faster than light.
1, because you don't know, because it can't be measured
2, because nothing else we know of goes faster than light, so why would you assume thought does?

Do you have any actual evidence of it being faster than light, other than metaphors that don't make much sense, or assumptions that you've made about dreaming/parallel universes?

I'm all for abstract thought and ideas, and am usually open to new ideas, so don't get me wrong.. I'm not trying to rain on your parade.. It's just that they need to follow a line of logic that makes sense, and not just made up along the way.

My post that, I feel debunks the idea behind the whole thread, has been simply ignored.. but not surprisingly.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join