It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kushin
reply to post by ButterCookie

Hey, I saw my self in a mirror during a dream about 2mth's ago,

I looked as I do now, but younger less stressed/tired! I dream every time I sleep, and experienced a walk in several years ago during a time when i was very depressed and recovering from a serious spinal injury,

I remember waking up, with a figure stepping towards me, i sensed what was happening and remember saying "ok, but don't hurt me" since then my life has turned around and I've got back on track with my career doing fantastic!

what was the figure and what significance has that had on your life??? im interested

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

1 thing that proves my last theory, is that blind people from birth, don't see in their dreams. Deaf people don't hear. Color blind people don't see color. It's from what you've experienced in this lifetime, that makes your dreams.
edit on 13-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

Think of it like this:

I am a black woman, and am in all of my dreams (so far)

I think that there are so many universes with so many alternate realities that there are slight variations that are not noticeable between them. I do feel that a blind person or a deaf person can eventually visit a universe where sight and sound exist for them, but it would be take a long time, just like it would for me to dream that I am a white woman, for example...
edit on 13-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonsayz

starred!

yeah i get what you mean....that happens not often about the startled part where i felt like i was falling and i jumped cuz i saw myself falling

let me tell you something, i didn't like that experience at all...i mean i wasn't exactly horrified but knowing that i was talking to my deceased relatives isn't all fun and dandy

I can imagine!

Whenever I am dreaming and see deceased relatives, its like I 'slick' know they are deceased but I never mention it to them, because they more than likely don't know about it...since I am the visitor in that new universe, I never want to tell them anything negative....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
EXACTLY!!!

I made the comment that I am a black woman and in my dreams I am a black woman...sometimes I'm married, sometimes I'm not....sometimes I have children, sometimes I don't, etc

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

but i'll make an example of the deaf/blind people

they are the same person in other universes, just different situations/decisions being made

one blind man here is another blind man there...our blind man might stop right before a truck hit him (he might of sensed it from the other blind man which might have gotten hit already) thats where Deja Vu comes into play

have you ever "had a feeling" about something? that could be because the other you kinda synced in

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Think of it like this:

I am a black woman, and am in all of my dreams (so far)

I think that there are so many universes with so many alternate realities that there are slight variations that are not noticeable between them. I do feel that a blind person or a deaf person can eventually visit a universe where sight and sound exist for them, but it would be take a long time, just like it would for me to dream that I am a white woman, for example...

Being born blind and being born black are completely different things. It's chance, sometimes caused by birth defect, and not a predetermined thing, like having 2 black parents. If you were blind and visiting multiple parallel universes every night, you'd have sight more often than you were white.

If you look at it logically, and maybe scientifically, the longer people have sight/hearing, the more they see/hear in their dreams. People that were born blind pretty much don't ever dream in pictures.

More sight = more dreams with sight. No sight = no dreams with sight.

That tells me clearly that everything we dream comes from our own brains and experiences, and not elsewhere.

When the Sightless See
In 1999, researchers at the University of Hartford set out to determine what, if anything, the blind can see while dreaming. They analyzed 372 dreams of fifteen blind individuals and found that the age of sight loss affected the visual quality of the subjects’ dreams. The study determined that people who go blind at age five or younger tend not to have visual dreams, whereas if blindness occurs at about age seven or older, chances are the blind will see some images. When people go blind between ages five and seven, their potential for dream sight could go either way.

It all depends on how long a person experiences the world with sight, as opposed to without. Someone who goes blind later in life could experience visually intense dreams for years afterward; however, the more time that person spends without sight, the less frequent such visual dreams become. And people who are congenitally blind (born that way) or lose the ability to see at a very young age have completely nonvisual dreams from the beginning.

It’s similar to the black-and-white dream phenomenon some older individuals experience. A 2008 study at the University of Dundee in the UK found that people who grew up when television was first invented sometimes have dreams in black-and-white, while those who have experienced only color television usually have colorful dreams.
www.divinecaroline.com...

How much visual imagery someone has experienced in their waking life—if they’ve experienced it at all—affects how much visual imagery is in their dreams.
www.mentalfloss.com...

psych.ucsc.edu...
edit on 13-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
"Dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask." - Fox Mulder

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
You could be right altho one problem i see would be, if we are dreaming about ourselfs in a parallel universe how come we never dream about a parallel universe in the future, say the year 4022, and if anyone has care to explain whats its like.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CharterZZ

because it's parallel universe, not time travel

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

reply to post by CharterZZ

because it's parallel universe, not time travel

But time travel happens so much in dreams.....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
You could be right altho one problem i see would be, if we are dreaming about ourselfs in a parallel universe how come we never dream about a parallel universe in the future, say the year 4022, and if anyone has care to explain whats its like.

To make time travel possible, simply travel faster than the speed of light.....and our brain waves have this capability.

As far as traveling to the future in dreams, I bet that we do far more than you think. Remember that people, places, and things in dreams only appear strange while we are awake...so as far as you know, you HAVE traveled to the year 4022, but it was not strange to you...same as if you traveled to a universe where it was 2011...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So, why is it that it's not possible to read a full paragraph of written text in a dream? Are we all dyslexic in other universes?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I believe in parallel/alternate universes; ones that exists for each and every possible outcome....

I would consider this to mean you are enlightened.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Interesting way of looking at it, maybe you are right.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Interesting way of looking at it, maybe you are right.

it is more then a maybe. You can be *cough*certain of it. Well, you can be as certain as certain gets.

Why would a universe exist in only one state and one format?

Why would a universe happen only once?

Those are rational questions that have unseen answers. But there is no reason that there would be only one way to make a universe.

I mean a circle for God's sake. There are infinite ways to make finite things. However, there is a set(infinite as a finite number) number of ways to make infinite finite things.....

So, I would be quick to state the omniverse looks like a infinite amount of bubbles
and the number of bubbles is equal to an equation of infinite +-/*^(etc) the finite.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
So, why is it that it's not possible to read a full paragraph of written text in a dream? Are we all dyslexic in other universes?

Light switches must all be broken in other universes too, same with most mechanical devices..
If you read the full list below, you'll see a lot of uniform things that are wrong with almost every single parallel universe you travel to. Suspicious.
www.wikihow.com...

Butter, I think my last post made some very relevant points. Can you think of a logical counter to them?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Yes, (tomorrow of course, off to dreamland I go!)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

edit on 14-5-2011 by carlosrivi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

I am perfectly able to read everything in my dreams. From magazines articles to books.
Just saying.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I don't know.

Sometimes I too think this is true, dreams are parallel universes:
Many of my dreams came out to be true, almost exactly the same, just one small thing was different, but sometimes, not even that, everything was exactly the same, in dream and in this reality.
For example , I remember my first premonitory dream which actually happened, dreamt on November 4 2007 and happened on November 30 2008.

And, I dreamt about being in New York ( I'm Italian ) in a stadium, talking to a girl with brown hair, cool dress, a bit fat.
The same girl I met the year after on Facebook, she 's of Brooklyn and has plenty of pictures of that stadium.
She has same hair, and even same dress style.
She's her. The girl I dreamt about.

There is another girl I dreamt about, in dreams she was my sister, instead in this reality, she is a famous painter.
I found out her official website with pictures of her that are absolutely identical to the girl in my dreams.
Oh, and the birthday is the same.
One chance out of 366.

Than, I had dreams in which I discover my mother has a secret sister ( after that, I met that woman ) and this woman has 3 children, that should be my unknown cousins.
Since this dreams are recent, the event didn't happen yet.
I don't know if I should expect it to happen.

But I know that there are certain dreams that reflect my fears, my desires and such. Those are different dreams.

Once in my life, I dreamt and I saw my body, that was invisible to others in the room, standing still, up near the roof, in a sort of bubble.
All the other dreams I only see things with my own eyes.

I also dreamt I was talking English ( again, I'm Italian ) and I was talking it perfectly.

I dreamt I read magazines and books, one was about " Hitler the democrat " , not a memory of course, but maybe was something from another universe.

I also dreamt about first alien landings once, and the other one, about magazines articles talking about first alien landing.

I had plenty of fake waking up, I arrive to the point I start eat something in the morning and than I wake up for real.

Once I dreamt about appearing suddenly in the year 10.002, together with many people, that thing was scaring the people walking in that gigantic mall in the future, because people were appearing out of nothing all of a sudden.

My only weird unreal dream was when I was a little kid and had fever. No, now that you make me think, I had other very unreal dreams, but ONLY when I had fever.

All the other ones could be very realistic, if they happened in this reality.

My opinion is now neutral.

edit on 14-5-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

The figure that stepped towards me had no real form, more of an energy! but I knew what it wanted/needed to do and I guess my subconcious knew I needed help as I'd been having very dark thoughts relating to my illness at that time and an ongoing redundancy that was exacerbating my situation,

After the event a couple of weeks later, I as I went to bed I made an open affirmation regarding my back which basically was " When I wake up tomorrow, I will no longer have a bad back and the only time it will ache will be when working in my garden like everybody else gets from that type of activity" and there it went, woke and fine!

First time I've ever mentioned this during this excellent thread, as my friends aren't very open about their spiritual side, more interested in the pub/beer,

So the impact on me, well I very quickly realised without your health you have nothing! money cannot buy you health, love or happiness!

I dream as I ststed everytime I sleep, the majority i'm helping people, or experiencing events with people I have known throughout my life. I do also believe I go off to other time lines due to some of the types of dreams, although they are always bar a couple as if it's like life here as we know it, but at different popints in time (Yrs),

One series of dreams I had, was regarding the passing of "Planet X", it did/does come along side us and looks just like earth! it will stop the earth spinning but we'll only feel a slight judder like a bus stopping and then it'll start again spinning again and they will introduce themselves to us and bring their children at the same time to show they are with us in harmony (we'll see),

Another in the above, I awoke in the afternoon and saw four more planets in the sky (SSW Deg) and remember shouting "I told you they're here!

So who know's, I feel priviledged about my ability to dream all the time and truly grateful,

Thank you for you reply :-)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join