It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonsayz
i don't dream often or at least don't remember them
but there were times i dreamed about vampires, zombies, and ghost
that doesn't mean "I" was in another dimension experiencing that
cuz if that was true, i feel really bad for my other selves because they are going through some tough #

i do believe in parallel universe, just not that a dream is like a portal to it

my best way to think of a parallel universe is sorta like when you get a Deja Vu
you experienced it yet no one around feel that way before
its like you and the other yous were in-sync for that moment, maybe there was a split second time shift that happened earlier for him/her and you experienced it right after thinking it happened before

am i making any sense here? LOL

Well......

again, just because in this realm, universe, dimension we view ghosts, vampires, monsters as false and pure imagination....but that's only because we don't experience them here.

With all the many solar systems, galaxies, and yes multi-verses, we have to accept that there are things that exist that are not 'normal' to us

Activity in dreamlands can be frightning, just like tey can in 'awake-land'....you just may experience creatures that are not here on Earth.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by PaladinEris

You make a very interesting point!!

Yes we only use about 10% of our brain and the other 90% becomes active when we are in a sleep state....

but I don't think active in the sense of imagining things from a blank sheet, especially people and sights that we have never seen before...

See, I'm thinking that 90% brain function hold the capability of interdimension/wormhole travel....the part of us that is literally connected to everything in every universe...

and this would make sense that we are able to tap into it and experience what is actually going on elsewhere, and that's why I think dreams are REAL...

Again, those sights and events are 'crazy' to us, but only when we have awoken from the dream, cuz we are accustomed to certain laws of physics/gravity

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by ButterCookie

As a lucid dreamer i can tell you that you are most definitely wrong.
Dreams can be as vivid as real life easily, but that dosent mean it is real.
Whatever happens in a dream is based on your memories, expectations, beliefs, fears and so on.
In my lucid dreams the dream characters even agree that they are only a part of my imagination which is simply because i expected them to behave that way.

But are our memories, thoughts and beliefs vivid at all?

They are more like flashes of images, where the images are not moving. Yes, we can associate events surrounding a memory with a flash, but it is not in motion and you don't see much background with all the intricate details.

and most remember, with a fantasy or daydream, you start with a blank slate and must fill in the gaps, sometimes having to constantly rearrange the props and characters.

In dreams, you appear in a all ready active scene. Your mind does not have to conjure up images, characters, or props
edit on 13-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Well......

again, just because in this realm, universe, dimension we view ghosts, vampires, monsters as false and pure imagination....but that's only because we don't experience them here.

With all the many solar systems, galaxies, and yes multi-verses, we have to accept that there are things that exist that are not 'normal' to us

Activity in dreamlands can be frightning, just like tey can in 'awake-land'....you just may experience creatures that are not here on Earth.

i don't doubt ghosts are fake...i very much believe in them considered i've experienced through it
but i won't get into that

but saying dreaming is equivalent to going to another dimension seems a bit off
people say they see it in 3rd view, or they can control themselves

how can you say you can control yourself when the other you is controlling him/herself
if anything they are acting on their own will

the only part i can see that make sense in dreaming is that you are syncing the other yous

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

Ghosts are definatly not fake...I can share many stories about my experiences but that is for another thread.

Maybe dreaming is similar to seeing or experiecing something your "other self" as experienced or is doing. I'm sure one day the truth will reveal its self.

Can't wait.
David.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

my best way to think of a parallel universe is sorta like when you get a Deja Vu
you experienced it yet no one around feel that way before
its like you and the other yous were in-sync for that moment, maybe there was a split second time shift that happened earlier for him/her and you experienced it right after thinking it happened before

am i making any sense here? LOL

that sounds like what i go through only i dont think i have seen/been somewhere before, i actually see previous dreams. the last time it happened i was physically sitting on the couch on my laptop but at the same time (non physical me ) walked down the stairs towards where i was sitting like in my dream. i know this sounds crazy lol.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I've heard this many times and being a person into the mystical, I say why not. My problem lies with the fact that many times I have had dreams on subjects that I have thought of throughout the day. Last night for instance, I was looking at family pictures and that same night I had a dream with uncles, cousins etc all of whom where in those pictures. The night before I was talking with a coworker about some naughty things to do with a camera, and that same night had a said dream with her. Why wouldn't I conlcude that dreaming was all in my head?

In all fairness there are plenty of times I dream and then think to myself "where the hell did that come from?".
edit on 13-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Well......

i don't doubt ghosts are fake...i very much believe in them considered i've experienced through it
but i won't get into that

but saying dreaming is equivalent to going to another dimension seems a bit off
people say they see it in 3rd view, or they can control themselves

how can you say you can control yourself when the other you is controlling him/herself
if anything they are acting on their own will

the only part i can see that make sense in dreaming is that you are syncing the other yous

Controlling your self in dreams are the same as controlling yourself when you are awake.

Its just that people feel that it must be significant that they can 'control' themselves because they assume that they are 'watching a movie'..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291

Ghosts are definatly not fake...I can share many stories about my experiences but that is for another thread.

Maybe dreaming is similar to seeing or experiecing something your "other self" as experienced or is doing. I'm sure one day the truth will reveal its self.

Can't wait.
David.

I don't doubt that are 'ghosts'; again, these are other-worldly beings...the same as extraterrestrials and characters from parallel universes.

I gave 'ghosts' as examples only because most people figure that they had to be imagining them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
I've heard this many times and being a person into the mystical, I say why not. My problem lies with the fact that many times I have had dreams on subjects that I have thought of throughout the day. Last night for instance, I was looking at family pictures and that same night I had a dream with uncles, cousins etc all of whom where in those pictures. The night before I was talking with a coworker about some naughty things to do with a camera, and that same night had a said dream with her. Why wouldn't I conlcude that dreaming was all in my head?

In all fairness there are plenty of times I dream and then think to myself "where the hell did that come from?".
edit on 13-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

Yes.

But the fact that a person dreams about something that they were experiencing earlier that day actually gives more credence to the fact that they are experiencing that event in an alternate reality.

Either you experienced it slightly different from how it played at or drastically different.....something like subconcsiouly being able to determine which parallel universe you want to experience.

When this happens, we assume that we were simply just thinking about it and had a dream about it as a result.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
nice thread ...i love my sleep and always have amazing dreams..what does interest me is , your mind believes it is real,people you have never met in 'wake' mode are everywhere ,you know them they know you,i once dreamt i won the lottery..i remembered every number and bought a ticket the very next day,of course i didn't win lol....who knows i could be a millionaire in another reality ..that reminds me must check the euro millions ..100 mill up for grabs tonight

edit on 06/-05004/2011 by sitchin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

maybe i stated my reply in a different aspect

im not disagreeing about the dreaming completely. I do believe there is some play into it
but i don't think that every dream you have can be related into another universe

like the previous post said looking at family picture or something
you can't tie that into another you in diff. dimension to be "doing" more than you do.

From what I've looked into and made an understanding is that
the infinite universes that you are in, majority of the things are the same, however there might be a different decision but that doesn't mean the other you are living a completely different life

the people you encounter will also be there similar to your own life
however different situations may come into play

for all we know, ghosts are just "humans" from another universe

maybe when our world this person died in a car crash, however another universe this person didn't and somehow this "portal" of the victim collided and this "ghost" is just doing his own thing but thinking he's in his own world

WOW...i can't believe i just said that and made that up haha

you know what...we all should pitch in and make a story,
?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Hey, I saw my self in a mirror during a dream about 2mth's ago,

I looked as I do now, but younger less stressed/tired! I dream every time I sleep, and experienced a walk in several years ago during a time when i was very depressed and recovering from a serious spinal injury,

I remember waking up, with a figure stepping towards me, i sensed what was happening and remember saying "ok, but don't hurt me" since then my life has turned around and I've got back on track with my career doing fantastic!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Star for this post

I'm going to research the 'string theory' and explain why and how we are able to experience multi-verses.
I'll also go further into detail why dreams cannot possibly be thought.

I definately welcome the debate because it makes me research and learn more about the issue!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteSpectralMirror
Dreams are definitely more than they seem. I love sleep and dreams about as much as I love life! Im working hard on complete control. I've went lucid many times and the things you can do are truly amazing.

I've researched theories that say the big bang was all things and all different possibilities throughout all time happening at once. This fits in with my theories as of how we are able to tap into these differing dream realities, and also how I have been able to have dreams that predict events in my life, sometimes 100% accurately. If everything really is happening at once, any slip or change would be hardly noticeable after a nights sleep.

I can't wait for 20 posts to make a thread about my most memorable dreams. I've even got some I remember from childhood.

well lets help you along then
. II do dream quite vividly but i wish i could lucid dream, do you think there are any ways to manifest them?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I hate to be the first downer in the thread, but I don't really believe it to be true/possible.

Maybe in the sense that, "everything has happened before in a parallel universe", so every abstract thing that we dream about has occured before - so therefore we're experiencing something from a different reality.. maybe

Or maybe in the sense that we're living out holographic realities, and when we dream our brain is telling us that we're seeing/feeling/touching.. and really, that's just as real as when we're awake. Your reality lives inside a tiny part of your brain, so for all you know, you are experiencing a different reality.

I believe that everything we see/hear/experience when our senses are shut off, are recollections from the 'libraries' in our brains. Every texture, smell, thing you see in a dream, is a recycled thing that you experienced, in one way or another. It might be distorted in a major way, but it came from an outside source from your experiences...things you have forgotten, blocked out.. I believe the brain stores a lot more than people think.

1 thing that proves my last theory, is that blind people from birth, don't see in their dreams. Deaf people don't hear. Color blind people don't see color. It's from what you've experienced in this lifetime, that makes your dreams.
edit on 13-5-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

thanks

debating in an intellectual way is what i love!

okay im going to tell you a story, maybe you can help me out
i only told two people about this in my life

when i was about 7 or 8 yrs old..i remember watching tv laying on the floor
all of a sudden, i was like in this black space seeing my dead great grandparents...i was awake for sure, my body just didn't move or i didn't blink sorta like daydreaming and i know i wasn't even thinking about them..i was just watching tv
in this black space i asked them how were they doing and i said im glad you two are together again
i even asked when will i see you both again
they responded "don't worry about it, have fun in your life and don't come back to see us anymore"
this was all in cantonese(im chinese)

as an 7-8 year old, i don't think kid would think that all up
when i said my farewell goodbyes to them, i snapped out of it and felt chills down my spine and i was there laying on the floor staring at the tv

i remember it very vividly of that little "black out?" i don't know if you can call that a blackout since i knew where i was physically

i swear i am not making this up at all
i see no harm saying it on a forum...i just didn't tell my parents about it cuz then who knows what they will say

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx
1 thing that proves my last theory, is that blind people from birth, don't see in their dreams. Deaf people don't hear. Color blind people don't see color. It's from what you've experienced in this lifetime, that makes your dreams.

well if you go according to my theory on this matter it disproves this theory
just read back what i wrote
but i'll make an example of the deaf/blind people

they are the same person in other universes, just different situations/decisions being made

one blind man here is another blind man there...our blind man might stop right before a truck hit him (he might of sensed it from the other blind man which might have gotten hit already) thats where Deja Vu comes into play

have you ever "had a feeling" about something? that could be because the other you kinda synced in

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I love intellectual debate as well!!!

Your experience, in my opinion, was a peek on the 'other side'....technically, I would call it 'another' side....

I believe that you saw them and they saw and acknowledged you. At the same time, I don't believe in the church's way of a 'heaven', so my conclusion would be this:

Many many universes exist. However we live in them in one at a time. We are only able to journey to them by brainwaves/ speed of thought in which I believe the mind acts as a wormhole for this to be possible.

EVERYTHING in this universe started out as one thing, whether that one thing was an atom or a black hole ( I think the big bang was actually a black hole from another universe exploding, just as stars do; another story for another day). This makes us all connected, even the beings in the multiverses.

Stay with me: death, I believe, is the end of 'living' in a particular universe......once we die, I feel that we change home-universe and never even realize that we died in another universe.....the same as when you dream, you really are not conscious at all about 'this' universe.

Back to you: when you saw the deceased relatives, there was a temporary merger in the quantum physics....very hard to explain....lets see....ya ever had a moment where you dozed off to sleep for maybe 50 seconds or less? REM hasn't even kicked in but you 'dream' that you have slipped and are fallen off of something and SUDDENLY wake up very startled because it was extremely real? You never crossed all the way over to 'dremaland' but experienced an event from it, and because they merged so quickly, it seemed like it all happened while you were awake.

Not saying at all that you were asleep....I'm saying that you 'peeked' into the wormhole but didn't go all the way through it....

I'm SURE this was confusing!!! I was trying to get out my thoughts before I lost them

Oh, and I'm still gonna extensively research for a post for you later

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

starred!

yeah i get what you mean....that happens not often about the startled part where i felt like i was falling and i jumped cuz i saw myself falling

let me tell you something, i didn't like that experience at all...i mean i wasn't exactly horrified but knowing that i was talking to my deceased relatives isn't all fun and dandy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join