It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

But it could be another reality (resulting from the pregnancy).

I think that we are assuming that we have thought of these events before we went to sleep

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I have a tendency to leave a TV on when I go to sleep. If I do..sometimes whatever I'm hearing in the background becomes a part of the dream..whether it's about war or local news...somehow I'm a pariticipent in the coverage..and wake up laughing and shut off the TV.

My kids have used an old trick since they were little to try and fly in their dreams.

If you KNOW your in a dream for a brief second,most of the time you'll hurry to wake up and start the process over again.
Very common.

Instead of hurrying to wake up..make a conscious decision in your dream to look a a body part.
Pull your hand up in front of your eyes or look at your feet.
You have just made a combination of consciousness between 2 worlds. I have no clue what or where those 2 worlds are.

At this point you can control your body to begin to FLY in your dreams. It's startleing at first to to understand you can control body parts in the dream. Once you see a body part,you can start to control the whole body.

My kids go flying all the time..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
There's one thing I know about dreams, and that is: Dreams are amazing. I always had this feeling that dreams were actually other versions of ourselves but in a different time, place, dimension, world, etc. My dreams have been odd lately, very odd. I have also noted that my dreams are becoming a lot more realistic, as if I was there physically.

Has anyone ever woken up inside a dream only to realize that they woke up inside a dream after waking up completely?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Enjoying these replies and thoughts on 'dreamland'!

Dreamland events are already in progress by the time you get there….you did not have to conjure them up. You come in on the middle of something that is already going on.

That’s why people say that you never die in dreams….
You technically do, but at that moment you instantaneously travel to yet another alternate reality, never even knowing that you were apart of one in which you died

Consider how when you are in dreamland, the events, graphics, and laws of physics do not appear ‘weird’ while you are there… the only time you consider them strange is when you wake up. That’s because in that dream, you understood the ‘crazy’ stuff to be perfectly normal; it IS normal in that universe……

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Our minds will not produce these minute details on a whim.

BUT, when you are daydreaming you are still concious and thus your concious mind can tell the difference between physical reality (smell) and preceived reality (daydream). Hence daydreams are devoid of "realism". When you are asleep you have no concious mind for comparison it is only your subconcious at work. Hence why everything seems real.

Your mind does produce these details "on a whim" (they are called memories!) as it sorts, categorises, stores and discards information gathered through the day.

I disagree, and here's why:

Even when we think of memories, they are not in constant motion, as dreamland events are.

Test it out: think of a time when you were a child; close your eyes and concentrate on a particular event.

If you are paying close attention, the event is in a chopped fashion, like a tv reel with little organization other than the main event, and that only lasts a few seconds.

While you imagine this, see if you can make out each and every color of each and every object, sounds, textures, smells....in constant motion

Plus, our daydreams/imagination are mainly viewed from 3rd person, and not 1st person as dreams are.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I met the doctor from doctor who in my dream and he didn't look like anyone i'd seen before, whatsoever. I just called him doctor, I mean this 100%
Wasn't anybody from the show, hadn't seen the dream man a day in my life.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I read half the thread and just had to share my thoughts on this wonderful topic.

First, if we change dimensions when dreaming, what comes to my mind is; Holy Moly! We have "versions" of ourselves that are into a situation that is stranger than any sci-fi movies ever produced!
I have seen a spaceship like that of Galactus, as big as the Solar System, and touching the Earth! We could just climb on it.
In some others we have superpowers as I remember jumping miles high cliffs to save my life. I remember all the gravity pull from the fall and the blood rush to your head as it is pushed upward in your body from the falling.
I felt the crushing impact, but with no injury whatsoever. I went into space by my own will.
I fought monsters and saw the Earth devastated by unnamed cataclysms...

Thank God, there are also others where things are going great! This morning, when I woke up, I was just making friends with people I apparently had a divergent opinion, it seems. I "arrived" when the discussion was already taking place, but felt immediately all the emotions implied.

I found some links about the belief of Aborigine who say we are in a DreamTime And this one. And there are many more to be found for sure.

Maybe this is the reason some are experiencing time-slips, like autowrench says happened to him.
You simply wake up in a different reality, maybe caused by a factor similar to being to tall to keep on putting the same clothes. You change clothes and are still dressed, you change reality, and are still "living" your life. And as for changing clothes, changing realities is seen in the details inherent to it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I met the doctor from doctor who in my dream and he didn't look like anyone i'd seen before, whatsoever. I just called him doctor, I mean this 100%
Wasn't anybody from the show, hadn't seen the dream man a day in my life.

I understand.

And this helps prove that characters in dreamland aren't mere memories......

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi

In some others we have superpowers as I remember jumping miles high cliffs to save my life.

And ya know, I feel that these appear to be super powers because we don't have either the skill or advanced technology in the current universe.

And yes, the events in dreamland are already taking place by the time we get there....there was no empty 'void' waiting on us to fill in the blanks with thoughts, imaginations, details.....

edit on 13-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Or maybe we all agreed to construct the current universe with all its limitations and "laws of physics"... or we were tricked to imagine it constrained.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverZero
Has anyone ever woken up inside a dream only to realize that they woke up inside a dream after waking up completely?

Haha so many times!

The most interesting experience I have had happened about a year ago.
I was asleep and dreaming about a rocket coming down to hit the ground, it was almost like a cartoon.
As it came down I got a feeling something was going to happen and the moment it hit the ground in my dream, something in my room fell off a shelf and made a bang. So I predicted it in my dream, possibly the sixth sense coming through or a combination of my other senses, e.g hearing the object slipping or rolling before it fell, manifesting themselves in my vision in my dream.
Has anyone else had this kind of pre-perception before?

The other wierd one I had was a few days after a relative passed away, I dreamt that I was back at the last time I saw her and I could'nt believe it, so I asked my mum for a camera to take a picture of us for proof lol in my dream, everything was so realistic it was like real life, but different house etc... seemed way more realistic than a dream as I couldn't maipulate the environment.

Also the other night I had another ridiculously realistic dream, except I appeared to be invisible in it when I wanted to be, then i got in a fight in the dream with someone who was pretending to be someone else and were invading my house. Its hard to explain but I strangled them. I woke up with various bruises and wierd white cuts up my thigh afterwards!
Anyone else woken up with marks they didn't have?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

A very interesting idea. I would definitely not rule it out as a possibility. It's a much better explanation than anything else I have ever heard in regards to what dreams really mean and how that pertains to the world (or universe) we live in.

However, just to get the gears turning in your heads, I have a question of a different potential explanation, one that could equally make sense under different circumstances.

It is said that we only actually utilize a small portion of our brains. What that means is that we really have no clue what we are capable of if our brains operated at 100% So with that in mind, would it not be safe to say that perhaps while we are asleep we are more able to utilize senses and parts of the brain we don't normally use? For example, if the brain is so complex, it might make sense that it could, under the right circumstances in the right environment, produce very specific details in dreams or have the ability to jump rapidly from one 'thought' to another.

I don't know if there is any scientific evidence to corroborate or dispel this idea. But it is something else to possibly think about and consider. All great ideas though. Thank you for sharing!!!! =)
edit on 13-5-2011 by PaladinEris because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by PaladinEris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Enjoying these replies and thoughts on 'dreamland'!

That’s why people say that you never die in dreams….
You technically do, but at that moment you instantaneously travel to yet another alternate reality, never even knowing that you were apart of one in which you died

Consider how when you are in dreamland, the events, graphics, and laws of physics do not appear ‘weird’ while you are there… the only time you consider them strange is when you wake up. That’s because in that dream, you understood the ‘crazy’ stuff to be perfectly normal; it IS normal in that universe……

This is very interesting! =) love the ideas! Makes sense.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've always thought of it like that
It's is extremely interesting S+F for you.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I thought I was the only one! I have had dreams where I have met the Doctor. Absolutely love this topic.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I would like to recommend a movie called Waking Life!! Here is a trailer: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

As a lucid dreamer i can tell you that you are most definitely wrong.
Dreams can be as vivid as real life easily, but that dosent mean it is real.
Whatever happens in a dream is based on your memories, expectations, beliefs, fears and so on.
In my lucid dreams the dream characters even agree that they are only a part of my imagination which is simply because i expected them to behave that way.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have been astral projecting since i was 10 and have found that dreams and astral projection go hand in hand.
I am 43 now and have found that when we dream we can go inside our minds or outside to many different dimensions. One thing I have found is that when i am traveling i have these other people who know me and I know them we hug and are profoundly glad to be together. I have been in another persons body while dreaming and have found that he thought he was going crazy because he would blank out when i would come to his dimension. His friend knew i was not him and were worried first but I explained to them that I was dreaming and somehow entered his body. His roommates began asking questions about me and I told them everything about our dimension. In their dimension they have another car corporation that we do not. In ours our sun is a different shade then theirs. It was little things that were different, such as clothing from designers that we do not have or they have 5 branches of government. I have been to Mars where there is still things alive, but not awake.
I have been to jupiter where the gravity is enourmous and a race of aliens have huge city large submerged ships floating in the planets muddy valleys they change their crews every 10 years. I have been to dimensions where religion has become world wide and has taken over, sad thing is that evil/negativity rules and makes all the decisions. One of the hardest things to overcome is the fear barrior when astral projectiing, your body actually thinks it is dying so will throw sounds, movements, or make you cramp in your abdoman sometimes where your silver cord begins. I have so many travels recorded on a note book. I have found that AP has made me more intuitive and psychic. I know who is at the door before they knock or what is on some ones mind when they are thinking loudly.Some times i will answer a question that some one had on their mind and is about to ask. I also found tarot reading recently. But I do believe that we as a species is opening up to a higher level of conciousness, and there will be more ghost sightings, more psychic aware people and dreams will become more involved and flow into astral projection as our souls quest for answers. I have one tip for astral projection. Before going to sleep look at your hand and memorize the lines and contours then when your in your dream try and look at your hand along with the lines and contours. It trains your mind to focus and that is what you need to become more aware when out of your body.Otherwise it is like a puppy that goes from interesting thing to interesting thing and when you awake it is a jumble of feelings and glimpsed avenues of dimensions. if anyone would like to know more please contact me. I am a new user as of today. My son introduced me to this website and it is what we need at this time of our existence.
edit on 13-5-2011 by medbird because: mispellings

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
i took a bunch of dream, shaman, and tribal classes in college, so this is my view.

you CAN travel somewhere else. but my friends who astral project warned me, the further you get from your physical body, the harder it is to stay conscious, and there is a chance you could get snapped back in without you knowing, and it then turns into your [imagination] dream.

we only use 10% of our brain to be. so im writing with my 10%, when i walk around and experience life, its that 10%.

the 90% is there to keep your body going. at night, its repair time. so your body sends reports to your brain, saying, 'hey, we injured the left hamstring at the gym today, send more nutrients!'

the 90% brain has to relay this information to your 10% brain. it does this thru imagery, which sucks. it just does not say, 'hey don, your hamstring is wrecked get some potassium tomorrow.'

so dreams are partly the 'report card' so to speak, every night, of your body.

then there is the chance we can astral project, at which point the entire universe is open, so that is an infinite possibility of what happens there.

then there is the 3rd dream, where creative types (and EVERYONE is creative!) can just have fun and dream, or nightmares and get spooked! ha.

those dream journal encyclopedias at barnes and noble are junk. every dream is a metaphor for something in YOUR life. a car in my dream could be about my foot, a car in your dream could be about your hand, who knows.

the only way to really 'read' dreams is to write them down every day for at least one month. you need to see the patterns over the course of time, to really comprehend what your subconcious is trying to tell you.

you cannot just read one night, and try to analyze it, you have to read every dream over a few weeks, to see what your body is saying.

its scary scary stuff sometimes. people with cancer will start dreaming of weird imagery, because your body knows something is amiss. but that is the advantage! if you can read your journal over 2-3 months, you will see the patterns of metaphors, and if something keeps showing up, then you know you should go see a doc, and early detection in cancer is what you want to find!!!

but like you could dream you have this giant tumor on your shoulders last night, and it could mean an infinite number of things. but if you had similar dreams over the course of a month, then you know something might be wrong.

so if you really want to know, start a dedicated dream journal, and keep it going forever, and try to figure it out yourself.

but never be scared of dreams. the metaphors in my dreams are usually similar to what happened during the day, so even tho they might be scary, if i can figure out where i saw it the day before, its all good.

if you have trouble writing in the mourning, my teachers suggested talking into a recorder and then writing it down later.

i write down my dreams from time to time, and even tho i am a an artist and writer, im a night person, and mournings are misery for me. so im too groggy to start talking let alone writing, so i screw up, because i should be writing down the dreams every night.

NOW, if the dream is magical, which every shamanic culture believed in, (most shamans could fly thru the night, which is basically astral prjoection) then its all up for grabs! i believe for sure everyone must do this to a point every now and then. and if you are on the astral plane, you can make anything happen, which is why it is difficult to navigate. a simple random thought becomes reality.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i don't dream often or at least don't remember them
but there were times i dreamed about vampires, zombies, and ghost
that doesn't mean "I" was in another dimension experiencing that
cuz if that was true, i feel really bad for my other selves because they are going through some tough #

i do believe in parallel universe, just not that a dream is like a portal to it

my best way to think of a parallel universe is sorta like when you get a Deja Vu
you experienced it yet no one around feel that way before
its like you and the other yous were in-sync for that moment, maybe there was a split second time shift that happened earlier for him/her and you experienced it right after thinking it happened before

am i making any sense here? LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join