It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ankona
reply to post by truthseeker10

I believe dimensions are starting to merge as we enter the new state of consciousness. Dreams are going to train us for whats to come. Its like when you learn about the law of attraction, the you learn how to USE it. Its like making coincidences happen, you almost set up connect things you see and witness, but you wouldnt even know about it unless you were trying to do it. Like manifesting occurances. The universe is just a give and take of energy. you receive what you put out. Essentially we literally project this reality as a group, not as individuals. So when everyone figures out that this life itself is most likely a dream anyway (because theres no difference), then the change occurs.

Ok...I can see that.

If everyone gets on some type of 'group level of thought ( no more individualism) as we evolutionize as a human race, we can all 'dream together', all leaving this universe and making another one the 'real' universe.

Very deep!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
I agree with you in a general sense.

However, I can't totally agree with your post. There is a person about whom I dream and also daydream. In my daydreams, he is there totally. In my dreams, he is there in a more abstract manner. To be honest, I sense this person in my sleep dream state. But I know who it is.

Yes...

But, in a dream, check out how many extra details are there, the very vivid details of the background...

none of that is there in a 'daydream/fantasy'

Our daydreams cannot come remotely close to the details that are present in dreamland....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteSpectralMirror
Dreams are definitely more than they seem. I love sleep and dreams about as much as I love life! Im working hard on complete control. I've went lucid many times and the things you can do are truly amazing.

I've researched theories that say the big bang was all things and all different possibilities throughout all time happening at once. This fits in with my theories as of how we are able to tap into these differing dream realities, and also how I have been able to have dreams that predict events in my life, sometimes 100% accurately. If everything really is happening at once, any slip or change would be hardly noticeable after a nights sleep.

I can't wait for 20 posts to make a thread about my most memorable dreams. I've even got some I remember from childhood.

Very true!!

I watch the science channel all the time when they discuss the Big Bang, the stars, the cosmos and I am a 'cosmic junkie' always hungry to learn about the universe.....

I agree, that it makes since for us to have the ability to 'tap' into other universes since technically, we are all connected...

every person
every being (animals, aliens)
trees, plant, water
every planet
every star
every solar system, galaxy, and essentially ALL of the MULTI-VERSES

Each of these things can experience the other at some point of time, even if just briefly.

Think about how de-ja vu works and ponder this example....

Once, a leaf blew into the wind and inside a cathedral in England......
Say I visit an England, somewhere I've never been before and go into a cathedral....I sit on a pew and suddenly feel like "I've been here before".........

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner

Ya know what? I have similar incidents in dreams, where I dream about a deceased relative....

Its weird because I kinda 'know' that they are supposed to be deceased, but I see them walking and talking....but it seems normal in the dream...

could be that sometimes we travel to universes where death is not permanent.......

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Star and flag for a well thought out post, ButterCookie, and right down my alley, as it were. I happen to think that too. Scientists have said that they may be thousands of dimensions, one just a little different that the one before it. I often dream that I am married to a different women, have different kids, different house, different car. People I know are in the dream, but in wildly different stations of life. And now the clincher....sometimes I think I wake up in a slightly different dimension than i went to bed in. I know. Sounds crazy, huh? Bit some days things and people are just a little different than the day before.

My Father worked for Naval Intelligence and was posted at Camp Hero for a time in the late 50s to early 60s. I never knew my Father, but his twin sisters filled me with stories about him, the strange world he lived in, and the strange events that surrounded him. Knowing this, I devoured the Montauk books. And anything else I could find on the experiments. I read in there that in the experiments it was discovered that the reality of this (that) universe could be recorded, and stored on a computer hard drive. Now we are not talking about computers as we all know them, no...these were Crystalline based computers. Then the (universe) was fed back into the universe, or itself, until a new reality/universe was created. The change was so fast no one even noticed it, or, if they did kept silent about it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I am in awe....

Whoa.....I'd like to do some reading about that because it does not sound far fetched at all...especially when we've been told that information cannot be destroyed.

But you really blew me away (in a good way) when you spoke about waking up "in the 'wrong' universe"...

which makes sense, as I believe that is what death is....going to sleep and then never returning to that particular universe, and waking up in a new one that you are already so comfortable with that things seem to have never missed a beat...

Whoa
edit on 12-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
There is a central "core" to this reality, and paralell realities are strands that are held in the eyes of each individual.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This sounds plausible. Is it that our minds/souls travel to these parallel universes in order to learn from or to, for example, try to answer questions that we may have in our daily lives? I'd like to also think that even our thoughts are ways of stepping into other parallel universes. For example, one may have to choose between either choice A or choice B. By "imagining" what might happen by choosing either A or B, this allows us to step into another parallel universe in which either decision was chosen. Hopefully this makes sense

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CloudDreamer

I like the sound of this theory, but there is one thing that does not add up. People have to remember that we also dream stuff thats on our minds. Put it this way. My wife is 22 weeks pregnant at the moment. She is having a horrible pregnancy. She has painful hands and feet. She spent the last 5 dyays in hospital and the doctors said she had a rare condition called Erythomelalgia. Anyone can look this up and see its a horrible condition with no cure.

Anyway, to ease the pain, they had to give my wife strong medication (gabapenten and tramadol) Gabapenten is a class c pregnancy drug, which means it could be harmful to the baby. Now, this has been worrying me, and since it has been worrying me, i have had many weird dreams about our baby. One of the dreams me and my wife went to the doctors for a scan, and he said our baby had girl parts and boy parts! I woke up in a sweat!

Clearly, this dream, was not another universe,dimension etc and many people have dreams of things that are playing on their mind, and this tells me that dreams are just a product of the brain, and nothing more.

Saying that, i love my dreams, and i always look forward to going to sleep and escaping into these wonderful places

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Ive slipped into a state where i was in another universe.... you can say a multiverse but i sometimes interpret it as my next life. In this state i was in, i was looking at where i was, who i was. I tried asking the person i was focusing on (me) questions. I tried asking something like..whats is the purpose of all this...or some rather unique question but for some reason i couldn't ask it. But i asked 2 things. "Hey i like your goatee" he replies " Yeah i got that from you." I also noticed he didn't drive, so i asked "Don't tell me you still don't drive" (i don't drive at all this life) he replies "Yeah, i got that from you. So hurry and drive so you in another multiverse can be driving."

In this state the scene i was in resembled Texas or something like that in outback U.S. Ive never been to the U.S, but i knew i was there, seemed familiar. Ive lived in Australia all my life, and i don't drive at all, it doesn't appeal to me. Though i'm not familiar with vehicles, i knew the vehicle i was seeing was American, because the steering wheel was on the left (amongst other things like the clothing was also U.S style). The steering wheel in Australia is right side. This is how i knew this wasn't some imagination trip i was having, but actually real. I was actually there for that moment it seemed. If it was a lucid trip or something, i would have been able to change the environment but i couldn't.

That is how i know dreams/thought/imagination is all gateways to other mutiverses. There is no reason for them to exist (untill we remember), but there is every reason for them to be available when needed. There always time for someone to experience such when its right, one will not understand untill it happens to them. For me, the reason i experienced this was because of a memory i had of a death from a prior life(another story in itself
), which got me in such a state of emotion that i was getting "Soul Attacks", the CPR was the slippage into that multiverse. I had to see/learn something to calm my aching soul.
The multiverse version of you has your personality, but just is in a different person, and in different environment.

Its hard to type out what happen, this is a story i need to tell you in person lol. But multiverses do exist

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Phew... Here I am lying in bed on my laptop reading this thread right before bedtime!

I have a quick story to share.

Like others have said, there are normal dreams...

and then every once in a while there are these really profound dreams where it feels like some force is trying to tell you something.

Anyway, I also think Astral Projection and Lucid Dreams are similar things.

The story I wanted to share:

I was taking a nap in the middle of the day. All of a sudden, I realize I am floating in midair looking at myself sleeping in bed! OMG I'm astral projecting! I fly over to the mirror and all I see are my eyes. The rest of me is this greyish haze. I see that if I try, I can form hazy arms and legs, but I kind of like my blobby form, so I become shapeless, yet at all times, my eyes are visible. Heh, I also remember I had a s*** eating grin on my face. Wouldn't you if you were floating outside of your body?

After that I practiced floating around my room, and at one point I specially remember being under my bed near the wall. I remember thinking this was a nice nook to hang out in.

I've heard that spirits when they are idle, like small nooks and crannies, that way their energy can be nice and all compacted into one place. Makes perfect sense to me.

Anyway, I hope some of what i said resonated with at least one of you.

Now... It is off to dreamland. Wish me luck and maybe I'll see you there!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoeDaShom
I honestly believe that when we dream it means something more significant than experts think...

Possibly, though not always...
Some of the time the other people in a dream are actually other people and not just projections...
Once upon a time, I have had a few dreams where the peoplein the dream actually had a similar or the same one. Also, I have seen and spoken to the 'deads' in my dreams.
But by and large, dreams "don't mean squat" as you Americans say...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Nice to Meet You! Or nice to see you again? I agree 100%. I have been saying that for years and all I get is weird looks and smurk comments....I have been a dreamer/traveler my whole life, and I have to admit that when its time for bed, I know I will have an adventure for sure!

S&F

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Most would argue and say that dreams are solely your imagination (gone wild) while you are at a state of deep rest. Here is my main counter:

-Imagination (or daydreams) DO NOT have the many intricate details found in dreams; colors, textures, smells, physical harm, plants, dogs, sunshine, raindrops, furniture, dirt, sidewalk cracks, etc). For example, If wanted to daydream about being with Michael Vick, all my mind is going to conjure will be his face, body, me and a very bland event that lasts only seconds (kissing, etc.....). But if I DREAM about him, there will be emphasis on every detail of our clothing, the place, the weather, the lighting in the room, aroma, voices, pictures on the wall, carpet color, etc. Our minds will not produce these minute details on a whim.

BUT, when you are daydreaming you are still concious and thus your concious mind can tell the difference between physical reality (smell) and preceived reality (daydream). Hence daydreams are devoid of "realism". When you are asleep you have no concious mind for comparison it is only your subconcious at work. Hence why everything seems real.

Your mind does produce these details "on a whim" (they are called memories!) as it sorts, categorises, stores and discards information gathered through the day.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Dreams help you sort out what has happened during the day and tend to tease out any anxieties etc.
For example I have a bad habit of procrastination and so have frequent dreams about last minute stuff and running out of time to do things.
Dreams also incorporate elements of recent events. They are a bit like a computer defragmentation process.
Some people say they don't dream but it's just that they don't remember. Without dreams we would go mad.
Dreams can be quite useful for flagging up what is going on in your subsconscious so it's worth paying attention.
I don't for one second believe they are alternative universes.
Unless in some other world, my mother is actually a green parrot which was late for a train and forgot its passport. But which managed to sort everything by doing a headstand on top of a cup cake.

edit on 13-5-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
[more

hello friends!

Funny thing lately i have my thoughts about one or two days before and the
exact case or tema pup up after that........god is in the net or what?

Peace,
ekiusa

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

"The difference between this world and the spirit world is as thin as a blade of grass." (paraphrased slightly) Seneca, Iroquois, 1790's.

And we all know how important the dreamworld was to the Indian nation.
edit on 5/13/2011 by drphilxr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Possibly every once in a while we might jump but there is NO way its everytime haha I have Spielberg type dreams. Last night was a nightmare of my 2 year old daughter disappearing. I kept thinking she ran off the cliff and I searched for days in this place. Finally decided to go to this building which led to hell and there was demons there as well as vampires and ghosts lol but somehow I did something and a red beam threw me out onto the hill across the lake and it started releasing everyone including my daughter. I woke up with a wet face, must of been crying in my sleep. I think towards the end I wanted to find her so bad when I was half awake that when I fell back asleep and dreamed it. I so have pretty lousy future dreams though of basic stuff like talking to a stranger, watching a certain movie. I use to write them down in high school to keep track of them. The only way to know the future is by living it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that thoughts actually travel back in time. The time it takes for a thought to travel the body to muscle (or whatever) and decide to make the movement, its all happening so fast that the muscles (for example) seem to be ready for the neural instructions before recieving them. Maybe our muscles have WIFI and dont need the actual impulse coming in through the "landline".

Just brainfarting outloud. Ill try to find the article on this.

Nice Thread OP

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CloudDreamer
This sounds plausible. Is it that our minds/souls travel to these parallel universes in order to learn from or to, for example, try to answer questions that we may have in our daily lives? I'd like to also think that even our thoughts are ways of stepping into other parallel universes. For example, one may have to choose between either choice A or choice B. By "imagining" what might happen by choosing either A or B, this allows us to step into another parallel universe in which either decision was chosen. Hopefully this makes sense

I actually think that its not at all about learning from any mistake, as I don't believe in pre-destination (therefore nothing is a 'mistake')

I think that the parallel universes are just simply the other universes that we are also connected to, and that dreams are the portal in which we get to experience them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join