It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
so what are your thoughts on lucid dreams? i have had dreams where i knew it was a dream and had control over the dream and the people in it

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Sometimes i think that because I have dream so many times with my neighborhood but in almost every dream it have something different like parallel universes. sometimes i even see other neighborhoods but alternated. And my city is always different I usually feel i'm in the 80s or the 70s but the city seems like from an entire different world. Maybe what we dream is memories from our dopplegangers because we are the same persons, the same brain.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tonyfm2010

We are all fractals of each other,simultaneously existing within multiple realities and somewhere theres someone dreaming of your life while your dreaming about theirs...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001
so what are your thoughts on lucid dreams? i have had dreams where i knew it was a dream and had control over the dream and the people in it

Lucid dreaming is so fascinating....where we actually "know" we are dreaming.

I just wonder are we really in control in those dreams or doe it just appear that way...

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

Some days ago I did it again. Read whole texts, I was reading stuff on the internet and I saw the words very clearly...It can be done, guys, trust me. Even though I now don't remember a thing of that dream, that's because I didn't write it on paper after waking up.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Do lucid nightmares exist? once i had a nightmare and there was i point in which i was so scared that i said "it's over, wake up" and I woke up in that moment.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This night I dreamt of waking up crying and of telling people what I dreamt about...It appeared to be absolutely real, genuine, than I woke up for real. Now I'm asking myself if when I " woke up " I woke up in another universe and where the dream actually comes from, the dream that I told people about...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker10
i love the topic thanks op.

i often dream probably every night, but this thing that keeps happening that i havent been able to get an answer to so hopefully i can get an answer here - i will go to sleep as usual have a dream - wake up no problem but a day or two later the dream will play out while im fully concious going about my daily business. its like watching 2 tv sets at the same time if that makes any sense. it is very un-nerving

I thought me and you were on the same wavelength, my experience is somewhat similar. Rather than my dream playing out in reality a day or two after having it I would instead remember the dream I had after a few days. I would literally stop in my tracks and remember it clearly, something obviously happens in reality to trigger this.

Also I had a dream a couple of nights ago and remember waking up and thinking to myself how real this dream felt and that I couldn't wait to tell my family the next day, but as I fell back to sleep I woke up several hours later forgettting what I had dreamt about

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I really like this site and the open mindedness of most members, but topics like this I just can't agree with at all. It just seems some people want to fantasize everything.

If dreams are happening in alternative dimensions, then that would include nightmares. And it would also include all the really messed up dreams you have. Ever wake up from a dream and think "thank God it was only a dream"? Do we really want all these other realities?

When I dream, it is my subconscious trying to tell me something. Sometimes I have weird dreams that make no sense, but a lot of dreams make complete sense to me. For example, if I should have done something during the day and I pushed it off, my subconscious is upset with myself and I will have a negative dream that will be somewhat related. It usually will be a totally different situation, but I understand the message from it.

I once had a weird dream that my mom was a bird and my brother was a rabbit (yet I was a human). Are some of you really suggesting that there are alternative universes out there where my mom is a bird?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by BailSnail

When I dream, it is my subconscious trying to tell me something

That's what they told you.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari

When I dream, it is my subconscious trying to tell me something

That's what they told you.

I don't really understand. Who told me? I'm not saying dreams don't have some higher purpose we aren't aware of. It is possible, I suppose (maybe for a select few).... but suggestion all dreams are alternative dimensions seems like a huge stretch. Are people really suggesting that there is an alternative reality where my relatives are different animals while I'm a human?

Seriously guys. Dream for a week and record all your dreams, including the unpleasant and extremely bizarre ones. I just don't see how people can believe they are parallel universes.

We live in a very logical world (for the most part) in this dimension. Every night there are billions of illogical dreams.

It would make an entertaining movie at least.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Nightmares are included in this dream theory...nightmares are just what we call 'negative' or scary dreams.

It does not take away from the theory that these places and events occur in parallel universes.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Nightmares are included in this dream theory...nightmares are just what we call 'negative' or scary dreams.

It does not take away from the theory that these places and events occur in parallel universes.

Ok fair enough, but how does that explain my dream where my mom was a bird and my brother a rabbit? Definitely one of my oddest dreams, which is why I remember it, but it was a dream nonetheless. There are millions if not billions of dreams every night that are just as strange or even stranger.

I'm all out there for crazy theories, they are fun to talk about, but implying that is a parallel universe seems pretty ridiculous.

I've heard of people suggesting SOME dreams may have value greater than we can comprehend.... but all?
edit on 6-8-2012 by BailSnail because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

if alternate universes are real,than everything is possible.
Even the unthinkable becomes real.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari

if alternate universes are real,than everything is possible.
Even the unthinkable becomes real.

So the idea is infinite possibilities within infinite universes? I can't believe it and I don't see anything that makes it seem valid (whereas other paranormal theories such as NDE, reincarnation, etc have some evidence behind them), but it is a very interesting thought at least.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
! I go to sleep and go into my parallel lives. I live full lives in all of them more than here dating , going to hotel conventions single events with friends. Peole are not the same age.Different days of the week than this life.

I go traveling let'ssay to Argentina at night and I wake up in that life sometimes in a nother bed and get very scared and disoriented and when I wake up here in my bed feel the same..
The plan I asked G-d was to travel without paying a ticket since I was financially restricted in this life so I go on many vacations a week and don't really feel like getting up. Plus I wanted to ask G-d to Quantum Jump to recieve my gifts and talents from other lives... and to get married to my soulmate and have kids with G-d's hel. I truly wsh to connect To G-d's THE ALL THAT IS ( ONENESS- of G-d's love and creation . but have not succeded yet.
My biggest problem is the fear from the disorientation . waking up here and in my parallel lifedreamss. I cry from fear.
II hope to G-d to get help for this and to stop this disoriented feeling and to feel safe and intergrated and connected to G-d and my soul
(AMEN)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverZero

yes I have recently woken up in a different bedroom and gotten scared not knowing wehre I am and then returning again to my bedroom in NY only to feel disoriented again I dont know how to stop this

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Has anyone been to a city like this,well,similar-in their travels? I've been on more than one occasion been to a city where at ground level,it was almost exactly the same.I vividly remember steps leading up from the pavement to a little pub/coffeeshop,and if you entered,you could use their other door as a shortcut into a type of shopping mall,but more genteel and old-fashioned than the ones we have today.

There's a place where you go also,you exit a building,and just turn the corner,and you find glass doors to an old-dashioned department store-of the type that still has carpeting through-out
The glass in the doors looks to be a thicker,better quality,and the doorhandles are yellow copper,on wooden doors,as you enter this department store.
I saw this pic once on Wallpaper Abyss,and my heart jumped in my chest,from the similarity.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by deb1234
reply to post by SilverZero

yes I have recently woken up in a different bedroom and gotten scared not knowing wehre I am and then returning again to my bedroom in NY only to feel disoriented again I dont know how to stop this

This is something that I think everyone can relate to: waking back up 'here' in your 'current' universe, only to find yourself disoriented, not even sure of the date or location.

To me, this is more reason why I truly believe that the journey to dreamland is a quantum jump into our other lives in other universes.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I have pretty sure we can go to parallel universes.I have had dreams where another me from another universes come and meets me and another one is where one comes and live with me than I travel to another universes.
I could make a thread about it. I have it written down some where and I have had some more where i was pretty sure that was parallel universes.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join