It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell me about your avatars and the meaning behind them.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Mine is the sceptor of Skeletor, from the movie "Masters of the Universe" after he takes over Castle Grey Skull!! I didn't resize the photo, but Skeletor is on the right hand side of the sceptor! I made it my avatar cuz it is so friggin' wicked!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by StereoInferno

Im sure she will love it ! I am also afraid to cut that cake cause its so darn pretty lol. BTW Dimmu Borgir is fantastic live. I got a chance to see them many moons ago with Cannibal Corpse. Amazing Show.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Mine is of the World Trade Center after it opened to the public in 1973.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

lol Monkeygod333 you're such a butthurt faggot.
"I’ll be watching you" haha, ok

be seeing you.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

Luis is an amazing artist. I use his bloodsister avatar on a different forum.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
MIne is and insulin crystal...all close up and stuff.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance

Originally posted by marriah3330
I feel my avatar is an expression of my feelings of what is going on in the world today and how I feel inside of how to face it. I was attracted to my avatar because of her strength and light inside of her. I remember in the Holy Bible when it talks about Jesus coming back with a sword, a preparation for battle. Now I'm not saying I'm trying to personify Jesus myself, its just something that came to mind when seeing her. Also, another thing that came to mind when I saw her is the name of my son who passed away, his name was a Hebrew name meaning "Warrior" or "Warrior chosen by God." She reminds me of an angel who is fighting evil. Don't mistake me for a person against peace, I'm all about it, but sometimes one must put on their shield, gather their sword, and prepare for battle if you get my drift.

Peace,
Marriah
edit on 13-5-2011 by marriah3330 because: (no reason given)

I must admit I love your avatar. My main hobby is medieval reconstruction, I'm a warrior. I'm trained in live steel European swordplay. At events, we draw such a crowd because the icon of a woman fighting has been so suppressed. People find it amazing that women can hold their own against a man on the field. ...and they ask so many questions! I think your whole picture says a lot in understated ways.

Very nice avatar!

Thank you, yours as well. And yes, I've always been drawn to that icon as well.
Women can powerful and strong as well.
Peace,
Marriah

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko
reply to post by marriah3330

Luis is an amazing artist. I use his bloodsister avatar on a different forum.

Yes, Luis is one of my favorite artists, right up there with Boris!
Ill check out the bloodsister one you mentioned.

Peace,
Marriah

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I keep the same avi in my LJ since extra-misty summer 2010 in Russia. I was going out only with a mask (simpler one, unfortunately) on my face.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Stonehenge near sunset. Made by me while on vacation with my daughter after she graduated from high school. There's always been something mysterious about Stonehenge to me and finally getting to see it up close and at this time of day just made me want to see it as much as I could.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
In front of a computer wearing a tin foil hat. I felt this was appropriate for ATS.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypocretes

My avatar is the badge for Foxhound. A special elite force in the video game series Metal Gear. I uploaded it because to me it refers to what I would use on the battlefield. Sneak attacks, covert strikes, speed and cunning over brute force, and I do not hesitate to rely on technology.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
my av is from this video
www.youtube.com...

I like the image of comic menace.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypocretes

MIne is how my husband says he sees me. I am a blonde and I am average, but he thinks I am hot and makes me feel that way so inside I feel like a hot girl stuck in a nerdy average blonde girl body.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I changed mine from Skeletor to Queen Anna from the TV show "V"!! I had it as a pic in my screensaver slideshow and it always scared my friends, so I figured I would use it to scare all of you!

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I did have this as my avatar:

as I am very proud of being English and think it looked quite smart.

However - I participated in some threads regarding Islam, etc - and although I never, ever express racist views I am not a "fan" of Islam as a religion and the fundamentalist element of it -
I was saddened to see people make huge assumptions that as my avatar was the St George flag I must be some knuckle dragging BNP member - which could not be further from the truth.

I therefore decided to change it to stop feeding peoples assumptions and instead put a Windows error message that made me chuckle - relevant because I work in I.T Network support for a living...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Well I could try to explain it but some lady has done it better than I ever could so i will quote her.

Most of us, even if living in landlocked states, are intrigued with lighthouses and the work they do. Lighthouses traditionally help seamen determine their position at sea, inform them of their position in relation to shore, and warn of any danger ahead such as reefs and rocks.

I grew up in the midwest where my home was surrounded by cornfields.My father had served in th Navy as a Hospital Corpsman a noncombatant but still serving his country.I was intrigued by the idea and began to think of leaving my little "burg" as soon as possible and exploring the world at the governments expense.

Three weeks after graduating from high school I left for boot camp.I was told the day of enlistment,at that moment I was the youngest person in the navy.

In a way, we represent lighthouses in our relationships with others. Lighthouses are built on firm foundations. Our foundations, represented by family members, friends, and associates, are made firm with caring and thoughtfulness. We, too, face stormy days and problems frequently needing help from others who are experienced and know the “waters.” Wherever we are situated, we can be there for others accepting such roles as counselors, advisors, and friends.

The one thing I feared though was being on a ship with a 1000 men all cramped together and being sea sick. I asked the recruiter if there was any rates(jobs) in the Navy that did not go on ships!Yes I know it sounded stupid but I was curious.To my absolute surprise he said,yes there was!That was what I wanted of course.

After "boot camp" I went off to be just that.I spent 20 years in the Navy and NEVER stepped one foot on a navy vessel.

In a way, we represent lighthouses in our relationships with others. Lighthouses are built on firm foundations. Our foundations, represented by family members, friends, and associates, are made firm with caring and thoughtfulness. We, too, face stormy days and problems frequently needing help from others who are experienced and know the “waters.” Wherever we are situated, we can be there for others accepting such roles as counselors, advisors, and friend

I am a "lighthouse" just as much as "I am just an American" no hyphenated this or that which is what some people want to use to separate and divide this country.

Do you know what the most well known lighthouse in the world is?

The statue of liberty in New York harbor.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a76c0118565.jpeg[/atsimg]

This is the link for the quotes I used.

edit on 27-7-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: I was tired and poor yearning to be free.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Well

Its me, and Pamela Anderson.

The meaning behind it?

Hmm, i think it means, that secretly i have a red Speedo, that matches her red swimsuit.

It could also mean, that it is just a picture.

vvv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

I'm am the light which is the enlightenment of humans and the dark of space which all things are combined!

I'm all colours, especially Red (Fire), Blue (Water), Green (Earth) & Yellow (Air).

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Blessed be, mine stands for the Goddesses Gaïa ( Light ) and Khali ( Dark ).

Namasté

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join