It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Gets Better Project hope for LGBT teens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I saw an ad for this on TV and I thought it was great. These guys Dan and Terry (a gay couple) came up with a Youtube campaign reaching out to gay teens that are victims of bullying. The suicide rate among gay teens is the highest rate among teens.

Dan and Terry talk about their invidual lives as teens and the bullying they suffered and then talked about how successful they are now and how happy they are. I think it is beautiful what they have done, many others are now making videos as well including celebraties and politicians.

I hope that by sharing this that any family with a child that is struggling because they feel different or is being bullied can take a look. It may not be a fix to any situation but sometimes, hearing some kind words from peers or from people that have gone through it and come out the other side, can be a lifeline.

It Gets Better

edit on 12-5-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Its good to see people reaching out this way, sometimes all anyone needs when they are depressed is support..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
That is awesome. The fact that they are taking the time to do this as a community service is very good of them - Hopefully their message gets out to those that need it most.

S&F

new topics

join