It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Million Rounds a Minute?!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If the enemy is in that close.... than the infantry isnt doing their job. Not saying that it isnt possible just that they will have a hell of a time with grunts popping off shots at them.

The MS is a series of barrels with rounds stacked allthe way to the muzzle, if you only fire the first set, sure that is quite a bit of rounds but there is still a helluva lot more behind them.

Tanks arent used as a lone peice on the battlefield, they support the infantry, always have, and as long as they are around, always will. And vice versa the infantry protect the tanks and the tanks protect the infantry.

This is not to mention multiple tanks covering each others a$$es, sure a few AT missiles might get in, but the MS COULD be used as an effective defensive measure to take a lot of them out. Ive said this many times before but it offers a defense against the AT missile, a defense that is sorely needed because right now missiles can be fired two miles away and kill tanks with one shot.

[edit on 4-8-2004 by jrod8900]

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Seems to be some confusion when it comes to the design of this weapon. I will post some images that show how the projectiles are loaded and stacked.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yes the Metal Storm would be excelent for antimisile defense. Russians have already developed an ARENA system, thats in fact a cheap simple radar coupled with some small rockets for destroing the incoming misilles. The rocket explodes in misille proximity and the shrapnels destroy or damage misille. The only one problem is that rocket shrapnels are dangerous for other infantry operating near the tank so Metal Storm, which is better targeted, would be excelent replacement for these rockets.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe i should start a thread of a MS system on a tank
...I know someone is going to take my idea and start another thread

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
they should obviously be deploying these soon. they seem to be of great use!!! especially in these new times/wars.

i would think these would do great for taking down air crafts as well. do these things work by remote?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join