It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Serving Two Tours in Iraq, Ex Marine is Killed in Own Home by SWAT Team

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
this is the bottom line

this man was a soldier

he served with men and women

those men and women should do what needs to be done right now

for that will be the only way to begin to end this nonsense

a country can only go on so long allowing this to happen

we all KNOW justice will not be served

it is now up to the men who served with this hero

whether you agree with the wars or not, you can not disrespect those following the orders of the people we give the power to, we are responsible for what they do

and now one of those men are dead, by other men we have lost our power to

every year men, women, children, elderly are killed by these so called police

well now people are involved that can say enough is enough and make a change and if the country has any patriotism left they would stand behind the fellow soldiers

but we all know that will never happen

nothing will change, tomorrow another swat team will break down another door, terrorize another child, shoot another dog, handcuff another wife, get in another shoot out with a grandmother, let your pets suffer and die slowly in front of you while you are tied up like a calf in a rodeo

all over "drugs"

and no one will do anything about it, no one will complain, no one will say anything about making a real change, those in charge will just say, we must double our efforts, please bend over and apply this lube to make our jobs easier, but you have to pay for the lube in taxes

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ForestBehindTheTrees

I have no use for the police ever since I was in the BART station in the Bay Area and watched an officer subdue a young black kid, cuff him, then shoot him point blank and killed him there on the spot. This kid was unarmed, and didn't fight back or do nothing. They just.... shot him. They truly get off on it. The officer who shot this kid got two years in prison.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This is shocking, but not surprising. As many others have said, this and other things like this go on in the US every day. Its not new "news" that this goes on, but yet another person, people have been used and abused by the system. Each time we see something like this, it makes us sadder and angrier, but for the most part the majority of people in the US accept this stuff and move on. It has become commonplace, and that is the saddest thing. Standing up and fighting with guns and bombs is only going to make them do it, there has to be a better way, a smarter way. Plenty of people have come before and reformed things in the US without the need to blow things up, and it worked. Not saying it would be easy, but there has to be a smarter way. I feel for this mans family, and all the families that have been affected by the tyranny and unlawful state that America has gotten itself into. You could not pay me to live in your country.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

I'm so sorry for your loss.
2nd line

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

That is very easy to say and another thing all together different in execution. Unless you are prepared to live like a hermit until you die, your suggestion is not at all helpful and apathetic at best. Digital bravado will get you nowhere.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Ok first, never have I ever seen SWAT approach a situation with marked cars. So how can we know if there really were any there?

Second, the wife spotted armed men approaching her home. I know you've all seen SWAT uniforms. They don't all have big "POLICE" written all over them. Here, I did a google search for AZ Swat and came up with this. Aside from the one # with "Police" on the sleeve, would YOU be able to identify these men as Law Enforcement? I couldn't.

City of Prescott

Especially if my wife was freaking out saying armed men were coming to the door. Especially if my neighborhood has had many home invasions. Especially if I had my 4 year old son in danger. You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna grab any weapon I have in the home.

The SWAT say they were in marked cars, and ID'ed themselves as police. My guess is they busted through the door, while shouting "Police" and firing at anything that moves. 71 shots fired in 7 seconds. And the soldier lived for almost an hour. Chances are they didn't hit that guy 71 times. Lucky some of those shots didn't end up killing the wife or 4 year old.

Now I've seen posts on here stating "well he was armed" or "well he was selling/dealing drugs". Proof? They were serving several other "warrants" at different homes on the same block at that exact same time. I'll bet that they screwed up the address. This has become an all too common thing with SWAT. Here, I'll even google if for you.

SWAT invades wrong house

This soldier had every right to defend himself, his home and his family. I'm speculative, no, I'm very highly doubtful that SWAT even ID'ed themselves before busting the door down. There is one line in the story that makes no sense. I don't have the link open but I'll paraphrase. Another officers bullet hit the door and send wood chips onto an officers badge. SWAT in turn thought that officer was hit and opened fire. Ok so who fired the shot that sent wood chips??? The article says it was an officers bullet that hit the door.

Its just ridiculous that this phony "War on Drugs" takes things this far. Where is the proof he had or was dealing drugs? The cops won't release any information on what they were looking for or what they found. Why? Because they probably didn't find anything. Because they probably entered the wrong home and once they saw a gun they started blasting. 71 friggin times. Aren't these guys trained to HIT their target? 71 shots??? And this victim didn't even get off a shot. So either they came through that door and opened fire so fast that he couldn't. Or once they were through the door he DID realize they were cops and stood down.

And don't get me started on how these "cops" denied medical aid to the guy who might have actually survived. No they left him to bleed out for almost an hour.

When is it going to end?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
America sucks, thank chaos theory and biological evolution that I live in a country where the police use lethal force as a last resort, instead of as standard.
Move to the UK, it's what everyone else is doing.

Your nation 'under god' is fundermentally wrong, if you're going to build a society based on religion then you'll end up with extremist and deadly conciquenses
edit on 13-5-2011 by SpookyFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

I agree, but this country has never really been civilized. As a young girl I witnessed military come onto our soil (reservation) and take over and kill people. This happened in the 70's. It will happen again if they want to put people in line, I guarantee this. The rest of this country is finding out what it's like to have the proverbial boot against your neck. We all gotta fight this somehow.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

I'd say you were right, they did screw up... wrong man, wrong address.... some info they got was probably from the actual person they were after who looked like this guy who was shot!!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Fare well my brother....

You were better than them...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

So, basically they wanted to make sure he died, because dead people cannot testify in court. Sounds appropriate. I know Tucson, I hope the protest-community there does so, and does so hard and loud.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SpookyFox

I wouldnt advise moving to the UK, if it came down to martial law, you'd stand a better chance in the US, at least you can have guns, in the UK we'd struggle to fight off the army/armed police.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

While this is horrible, I feel like there is more to the story. Not saying what the SWAT team was right (it wasn't), but I don't want to have a knee-jerk reaction.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
To further the subject of the "unmarked" police tactics get a load of this:

Branford police say they’ve added a second “stealth” police car to their fleet. The vehicles, which are traditional police vehicles, but with subdued markings. story

Soon they wont be expected to identify themselves at all. We'll just have to magically know that the person beating our face into the pavement or holding a gun to our childs head is a police officer here to help us.

I'm sure Branford isnt the only town with these.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
This is disgusting. What has happened to your country America?

I would love to know myself, this makes me absolutely sick, too bad he didn't get to return fire and kill one or two of them in the process. This is such an outrage, now I know what I should do if this were to ever happen to me. Shoot first, ask later!!
The phrase at the end "We shouldn’t be at all surprised that a Regime capable of sending Americans abroad to terrorize Iraqis in their homes would employ the same state terrorism against Americans here at home." Speaks volumes. We as a country need to join together, and stop being bullied by these thugs in uniform, stop them dead in their tracks, and make sure they can never hurt another person again.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The way a community should solve this is to expose all the murders involved and community shun them. I'm not saying we do not need SWAT teams, but we need smart consensus people with in. And mistakes are bound to happen but they need to duely accountable. But these men faces need to plastered at every corner every business, until brought to justice to pay fro there mistakes. There in dangerous business and there is no room for error. But the worse part of all these so call dignified men won't come forward and admit any wrong doing.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

It will hit people in the face wake them up realize the truth. That all is not as it seems and we are coming under more Orwellian Laws; Protect and Serve.... Yeah Right

More like Enslave and Oppress.

edit on 13-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

That was an intense video. They go over there, their homes are destroyed and now they have to live in camps. They wait to die. I totally lost it at the end. This same type of destruction will happen here, because it's becoming clear to tptb that they are not trusted by the majority here, and that people are waking up to the big lies. Once they can no longer control us, they will kill us...... one way or the other. When I wake up in the morning I don't want to believe that these evil people exist in the world doing incredibly sick things, but it's true. It's all true and I don't think we are that prepared for the possibilities of our lives being crushed in the same manner as those in Afghanistan.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
To further the subject of the "unmarked" police tactics get a load of this:

Branford police say they’ve added a second “stealth” police car to their fleet. The vehicles, which are traditional police vehicles, but with subdued markings. story

Soon they wont be expected to identify themselves at all. We'll just have to magically know that the person beating our face into the pavement or holding a gun to our childs head is a police officer here to help us.

I'm sure Branford isnt the only town with these.

thats fine, let them not identify themselves, if that happens, and they are pulling the crap that you stated above, as far as I'm concerned it's now a fight to the death, and he better be prepared to $#!+ or get off the pot.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Wow, what a ridiculously biased article.

Might as well be an article in National Enquirer.

edit on 13-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I have a friend who was raided by the police because neighbors would occasionally say him or his sons "looked like trouble". Apparently he didn't have the right clothing or hair style to be a law abiding citizen. They found nothing since neither him, his wife, nor his two sons did drugs, but the police made a huge mess which they never helped fix, and made no apology.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join